Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Suggestion-Stop The Obsessing. Rules Are Meant To Be Broken

Yeah ... this ^^^ surely isn't troll behavior is it? And you passed the psych exam? Hmmm ... definately troll.

Guys... You both look grown, so grow up already. Sad to see this type of juvenile behavior on this site. Discouraging to even read.

So when I read these comments I feel like y'all are saying I'm going to fail.

These foods you're talking about eating in moderation' date=' I no longer crave.

I'm truly asking here, is there no chance for success for someone who has fallen out of love with all those unhealthy foods, and just wants to eat Proteins and green veggies?[/quote']

I doubt they were directly picking on You.... But much more talking in general in their opinion on the matter.

Why bother responding to your post when you go back and edit' date=' add and back track everything you say.

And yes you edit every single post by volumes and changes galore.

A valid debate never needs editing once given.[/quote']

He directly said what he added to OP.... So people wouldn't take it the wrong way. *shrugs*

wow I could say so much on this topic but it has been said by Pookiesm' date=' PDXman,Butterthebean and Doxie so Im done here. I just want to say I am a firm believer in following doctors orders. Also my Dr instructs me himself not his brother so I feel confident it is his expertise I am following.

best of luck to everyone.

Surgery and healing from it is serious business.[/quote']

Just wow...

At no time did I say you were full of SH)##@. As a matter of fact' date=' if you read my first post, I said I agreed with you, so, uh ...

What I disagreed with was that people don't need to follow their Drs guidelines. I just don't agree.

I put myself in the shoes of someone researching the sleeve, coming on here, reading and thinking, "Oh, I really don't have to do purees post-op, then. Cool!" Then, they get the sleeve, do their own thing and get in trouble.

This is the person I worry about most when I read this thread.[/quote']

Correct... You said BS. ;)

A thread of post-op (no matter how veteran you are) is what (as a pre-op) I want to hear. I'd like in my research to see what different dr.s have suggested as I didn't realize they can vary so drastically. I want to hear people's experiences so I can make my own decision as to how much or not I want to follow orders or what foods to avoid until which month out, etc. It's quite frustrating to see after someone posts their opinion and tries to cite sources that helped them make their decision/opinion and then see others completely bash them for that. What's the point in anyone posting their opinions then? Opinions.... Everyone thinks they are giving their personal experiences to help the next person. As anyone going through this, you should never take one person's opinion as the final word, but then again I'd hope this would be common sense. Take your Dr.s word. It makes me think twice about posting my opinions if I ever get approved and have surgery on here.... *runs to another site*

A thread of post-op (no matter how veteran you are) is what (as a pre-op) I want to hear. I'd like in my research to see what different dr.s have suggested as I didn't realize they can vary so drastically. I want to hear people's experiences so I can make my own decision as to how much or not I want to follow orders or what foods to avoid until which month out, etc. It's quite frustrating to see after someone posts their opinion and tries to cite sources that helped them make their decision/opinion and then see others completely bash them for that. What's the point in anyone posting their opinions then? Opinions.... Everyone thinks they are giving their personal experiences to help the next person. As anyone going through this, you should never take one person's opinion as the final word, but then again I'd hope this would be common sense. Take your Dr.s word. It makes me think twice about posting my opinions if I ever get approved and have surgery on here.... *runs to another site*

Dreams, what you don't seem to understand is the original poster changed their posts. Far more than what they stated, believe me. My posts reflect the original content, not the edited version, so know that you are not getting the full story and not seeing the ugliness of the original post. He edited them for a reason, after all ...

BTW, I called BS on his assertions, not on him. Can you not see that? Do you understand the difference?

Do you have any experience on forums and understand the damage a troll can do? Especially one such as this?

Kettle, I'd like to introduce you to the pot ...

Dreams' date=' what you don't seem to understand is the original poster changed their posts. Far more than what they stated, believe me. My posts reflect the original content, not the edited version, so know that you are not getting the full story and not seeing the ugliness of the original post. He edited them for a reason, after all ...

BTW, I called BS on his assertions, not on him. Can you not see that? Do you understand the difference?

Do you have any experience on forums and understand the damage a troll can do? Especially one such as this?

Kettle, I'd like to introduce you to the pot ...[/quote']

Gotcha. No, I'm not an avid forum poster--don't have time nor have I had interest in other matters before my research for surgery. Thanks for posting the actual original posting, I'm sure this has helped a lot of people. I'm not debating you, I simply stated that the thread was disappointing :( . I can appreciate some good sarcasm though ;) Good luck in your journey.

Supersweetums I just love your profile pic.....I don't know if I will ever be able to fit into one leg of my old size 18's but it sure feels good so far to see how they just fall off of me :-)

Thanks! Those are my size 22 jeans that I wore at my heaviest! I didn't think I would be able to fit in 1 leg, but I did! Good luck with your journey!!

Everyone is on their own path

I just hate words like never an always and there are people on these forums that say they are never going to eat .... again.Then if they do they beat and berate themselves over it and if they post about it from what I have seen on this forum there are plenty of others that are willing to join in on the berating.I know I will follow my Doctor's order to the T in the beginning through all of the phases however I know I can't honestly say I will never or I will always anything.I feel I would be setting myself up for feelings of failure which is more dangerous to me than 1 bite of anything.

@pdxman, are you still on your post op pain meds? Really? someone will troll a site and waste their time ? u r too funny. re-read what I wrote. Man. FIRST OF ALL, my doc and NUT met with me. As yours does. We talked about what I have been eating and how well it's gone and what I cheated on.. His plan for anyone on week 3 is full diet.. Protein first and good choices. So, yes, I went shopping after and bought steaks and chicken and pork chops and hard cheeses and you name it. YES< I ATE THEM TODAY . So, my friend, it does work and if you read the replies, many on here also had the same luck. I'm not suggesting that people who can't tolerate the stuff do it and any doc who would tell a patient that is having trouble to progress faster would be a quack.. I'd post my post op diet from them, but not sure if you are a troll on here, who just casually reads posts and makes pompous comments.. :-)

PS. Umm, having ONE friggin Dorito instead of obsessing about licking the powder is not exactly throwing caution to the wind now, my exaggerating friend.

PPS I'm grilling steaks tomorrow. If you don't see me online after, then I guess i'm the person who you can say died from it.. OY.... I also heard when his guests work up, it said "welcome to the world of aids" on his bathroom mirror and then his brother was found in the tub, filled with ice with his liver taken out... THen when going outside he heard a scratching on his car roof and went outside and found it was his friend, dead, hanging from a tree, with his feet going over the car... Then he went for gas and the attendant told him that there was an axe murderer hiding in his back seat.. OY

Can't take reasonable discourse without going ballistic? That last paragraph is exactly what you meant it to be--absurd. And, in my opinion, it is disrespectful of pdxman.

I have to say.. 48 LIKES and only 4 naysayers.. ALL of us are entitled to their own opinions' date=' of course. Keep it nice!! It is fun, though, being on the winning side of the debate per the populous :-)

OOPS 18 to 4.. Same point, though[/quote']

Pay attention to the likes your naysayers have racked up.... Just saying.

This was a very good post and you have hit some key points. When we deprive ourselves of something, sometimes that can lead to us over eating or eating off plan. I believe so many people who have there surgery are in a rush to get to goal weight that they don't learn how to live or maintain that weight because of deprivation of certain foods.

I haven't eaten anything "bad" and I do have craving but they are false because the only reason I want it is because I can't have it.

My surgeon is in MX and when I read some threads a lot of people are quick to say ask your NUT/ DOC don't listen to person A, B, or C. Well some of us don't have that and some of us are not looking for permission to eat whatever. So this was an excellent post IMO for those individuals that don't see a NUT.