Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 25Th Sleevers!

Hi Sept 25th Sleevers. I had a band to sleeve revision done with unexpected hiatal hernia repair on the 25th also. Its nice to see there are others having the same things happen to their body at the same time as mine. This surgery is a totally different experience than my band was. My diet as of this morning changed from Clear Liquids & Protein Drinks to full liquids & Protein drinks. My biggest problem is that milk based protein drinks seem to go right through me. I have tried lactose free and lactaid' date=' sometimes both at the same time. For the most part, any dairy does this. Anyone else having this problem? Also, I saw a few of you were at Forest Park, is that in St. Louis? I was at Des Peres & had to spend 2 nights due to some unexpected (very scary now that I think about it) complications. Hope to hear updates from all of you soon.[/quote']

My Forest Park is in Dallas. As for milk...big no!! Soy wasn't as bad but still caused some problems!! Hopefully go to full liquids tomorrow which means creamy soups!! Sooooo excited!! I'm hoping that I can make my Soups with some soy milk. So we'll see!!

Once&Again,

Congrats on your journey so far. I have a similar issue with the Protein Shakes, I get nauseous when I try to drink them and throw them up. I tried both the milk and lactose free. I was wondering if it's just the taste change for me. I went and got the Isopure waters to try. Maybe thats an option for you. My dr said it counts as both liquids and Protein. Good luck!

With the help of lactaid, I have been able to do Protein drinks today as well as some cottage cheese (yummy). I tried Isopure when I had my lap-band surgery and cannot stomach it at all. I have unflav powder to mix into crystal lite and it works ok for me. Sounds like everyone here is in about the same place, its a nice feeling not to be alone in this journey. :-) ... Angela

Got cleared for full liquids today!!! Never been so excited about soup!! Went to Cracker Barrel and had some potato Soup broth. Brought the rest home and gonna throw it in the blender!! It was sooooo good!!

Hello all. Started puréed on Tuesday and have the go ahead to start soft foods tomorrow. Got to go back to work tomorrow too. :(. Feeling pretty darn good. Only down 7 pounds since surgery which kinda bums me out but it is what it is.

Hi best of luck to every one I am a sept 25th sleeved as well ! The only problem I'm having is I'm just not hungry or thirsty if I'm lucky ill get 20 oz of Protein in and on a good day 40-50 oz of Water . As of today I'm gonna have to try much harder . I am probly so fatigued from that , that I don't want to do much in the exercise dept. I feel pretty good though. Down about 15lbs. E

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Well my full liquid diet has not gone well. On Wednesday I had some drinkable yogurt and it went right through me. Since then every time I drink anything but Water the same thing happens. Called the Dr on Friday and the nurse said I had dumping syndrome(thought it lasted an hour not days!). Drank nothing but water all weekend. So tired and weak. Drank a little Isopure this morning and so far so good. On a good note I'm down 27lbs that includes my one week pre op diet!!

Wat is everyone eating???? Maybe we can share ideas!!! I made a 15 bean Soup and its been yummy n goin down well!!!

Since I went back to work today decided I better get serious about the Protein thing. shake for Breakfast, chili for lunch and chicken for dinner, and Protein Powder in h2o and only came to 53 grams of protein. WTF? Guess I have to start having Unjury chicken broth for a snack.< /p>

Hello everyone, hope all is well. I know I haven't been on for a while. I was released on 27 but was having a lot of pain in left side I continue to feel the pain today but not as bad. I'm not able to reach all Protein. But fluids I do well. I know I had the hernia repair w/ surgery I think that get to me sometimes. The pain meds are probably not strong enough for me????. I have post op visit tomorrow and hopefully I'm released to soft foods I am a little tired of liquids. I'm one of the ones that have a slow recovery. Best wishes to everyone!

Healing has been a journey. I get rid of one ailment and come down with something else :( Getting over thrush so everything tastes awful and I'm gagging over everything, even brushing my teeth. I'm tired of Water and crystal light and zero waters. What else are you doing for fluids?

Healing has been a journey. I get rid of one ailment and come down with something else :( Getting over thrush so everything tastes awful and I'm gagging over everything' date=' even brushing my teeth. I'm tired of Water and crystal light and zero waters. What else are you doing for fluids?[/quote']

Amen about the liquids!! I'm so tired of drinking everything! Can't wait for mushy foods!! I know its just a stage I have to do but I just want a different flavor than Protein drinks, water, flavored water and creamed soups!! Can't wait for my Dr's appt next Wednesday!! Good luck and hang in there. It's just a means to an end!!

Wat is everyone eating???? Maybe we can share ideas!!! I made a 15 bean Soup and its been yummy n goin down well!!!

How do you make that? Sounds good!

How is everyone doing on their weight loss? I'm only down 8 since surgery and am very frustrated about it.