Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 25Th Sleevers!

Anyone else completely exhausted and groggy today? I don't know what happened. I've been able to slowly function the past few days with out a nap and yesterday ventured out to Walmart... maybe I over did it.

Anyone else completely exhausted and groggy today? I don't know what happened. I've been able to slowly function the past few days with out a nap and yesterday ventured out to Walmart... maybe I over did it.

I walked all the state fair in Friday and felt like a million bucks. Didn't even sleep on the way home. Saturday morning felt like a train wreck again. Felt worse after walking around target yesterday than the fair Friday. Feel okay now except for stiff shoulders and neck.

Exhaustion and nausea seem to be my constant companions today :(

I'm so ready for the pureed stage and real food!! The Protein Shakes make me nauseous and I just miss chewing :(

So annoyed. A friend had surgery a week before me with the same esophageal hernia repair. She had her ten day post op appt and was told to stay on purée an extra two weeks to not irritate the repair. So not looking forward to being on purée that long. Same repair, same surgeon, I think the cards are against me.

Hi everyone. I have been fortunate enough to not have nausea or grogginess. I am still very tired. My sister left yesterday but my friends came this afternoon and took out my six year old. She'll be back soon, but it will be bedtime for her. She was with me this morning alone and she was going stir crazy. She's back to school tomorrow and I'll be able to rest after my first post op appointment.

Is everyone still on pain meds?

I am still on my pain meds. I've only taken it twice today so it's slowly getting more bearable. I still cant get the required liquids in and the Protein Shakes make me gag as soon as I see them. I am doing ok putting Protein in my Soup and pudding. I am so ready for the pureed stage now.

I'm so ready for the pureed stage and real food!! The Protein Shakes make me nauseous and I just miss chewing :(

Eat some ice cubes!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yay! Had about 3oz of Tomato Soup go down pretty good! I'm so excited. I was beginning to think I would never eat again. Lol

Walked pretty good yesterday evening. Still have a few aches though. One particular stitch in my side when I walk too far and I get winded. First dr appt tomorrow. Anyone else already had their appt today and have an update?

Having a great morning... got my baby dressed n dropped him off 2 daycare..not n any pain...I feel like im becoming myself again... then 2 top it off ive lost another 12 pounds which is a total of 20lbs since my surgery...

Went to work today!! Feeling pretty good!! Still some shoulder pain from the gas. Trying to get up and walk as much as possible!! Still on Clear Liquids, go to the Dr Wednesday and get to start creamy soups!!

Having a great morning... got my baby dressed n dropped him off 2 daycare..not n any pain...I feel like im becoming myself again... then 2 top it off ive lost another 12 pounds which is a total of 20lbs since my surgery...

Since surgery? I'm only down 3 since surgery. :(

Since surgery? I'm only down 3 since surgery. :(

Yeap since surgery... but im learning that all scales r different sooo I will no 4 sure 2mrw

My week 1 post-op appointment went well. Down 17 lbs since surgery and they took the dreaded drain out. Still on my liquids though :( sigh... I was so ready for food. Still need to up my Water intake. I went and got a few of those Isopure waters to try since the milk like Proteins make me sick. Week 2 appt next week.

How'd everyone's follow up go??

Hi Sept 25th Sleevers. I had a band to sleeve revision done with unexpected hiatal hernia repair on the 25th also. Its nice to see there are others having the same things happen to their body at the same time as mine. This surgery is a totally different experience than my band was. My diet as of this morning changed from clear liquids & Protein Drinks to full liquids & Protein drinks. My biggest problem is that milk based protein drinks seem to go right through me. I have tried lactose free and lactaid, sometimes both at the same time. For the most part, any dairy does this. Anyone else having this problem? Also, I saw a few of you were at Forest Park, is that in St. Louis? I was at Des Peres & had to spend 2 nights due to some unexpected (very scary now that I think about it) complications. Hope to hear updates from all of you soon.