Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 25Th Sleevers!

I am having surgery on 9/25. I'm just ready to go and get it over with. What do you guys have ready at home for post op?

Hello iPrincess. I feel like we are the only two going in on the 25th. This is a great question and I would also like to know. So far I have a bunch of different Protein shakes/drinks, sugar fee Jello ready to go, I guess that's it really. I'm going to the store tomorrow to get gas-ex strips which I hear are a life saver. Hopefully we will get some good advice on here!

I'm also in the 25th!! I have Protein Shakes, sf Jello & popsicles, and boulion cubes for broth. Also have chewable vitamins, a pill crusher, miralax(surgeon said milk of mag but just the thought makes me wanna vomit so the NUT said Miralax will work), gasx strips, liquid tylenol and I think that's it lol

I'm also in the 25th!! I have Protein shakes' date=' sf Jello & popsicles, and boulion cubes for broth. Also have chewable Vitamins, a pill crusher, miralax(surgeon said milk of mag but just the thought makes me wanna vomit so the NUT said miralax will work), gasx strips, liquid tylenol and I think that's it lol[/quote']

Great! Another member of the Sept 25th club! I have the Jello, Protein shakes, pill crusher, and miralax. Didn't think of liquid Tylenol. Do you have to take children's or do they make it for adults? I have some chewable vitamins but will have to wait till payday Friday to order the rest. dr gave me a script for a pain killer that I already filled but not sure how I'm going to swallow the pills. I assume if it was available in liquid, he would of written it that way. I hope at least.

The nut said there is a generic brand of liquid tylenol for adults. I'm going to the store today with my list!! Been on the liquid pre-op diet, had my EGD done yesterday and am wiped out today! But parents are coming in for my surgery so I have to clean!! I need a nap!

Oh and I also have diet v8 splash

Ah. Actually heading to Target so I will look into the liquid tylenol. Where are you guys from? I'm in Eastern Pennsylvania. Getting sleeved at St Luke's Allentown.

Hello iPrincess. I feel like we are the only two going in on the 25th. This is a great question and I would also like to know. So far I have a bunch of different Protein shakes/drinks' date=' sugar fee Jello ready to go, I guess that's it really. I'm going to the store tomorrow to get gas-ex strips which I hear are a life saver. Hopefully we will get some good advice on here![/quote']

Hello Barisaxylady, I know it's not that many of us on the 25th I was just curious what items that were on hand. I have Protein shakes, gas x strips, bouillon cubes, propel Water, costco brand Vitamin Water, and bottle water. I have an order from injury that should be here by the 27th. I ordered the chicken Soup, unflavored protein, strawberry sorbet and chewable Vitamins. Today or tomorrow I will get other things I need. I have to look for the liquid Tylenol.

I'm also in the 25th!! I have Protein shakes' date=' sf Jello & popsicles, and boulion cubes for broth. Also have chewable Vitamins, a pill crusher, miralax(surgeon said milk of mag but just the thought makes me wanna vomit so the NUT said miralax will work), gasx strips, liquid tylenol and I think that's it lol[/quote']

Hello getnsknyntx, you have quite a few Items there. I have to get the miralax and the liquid Tylenol. We are ready and waiting!

I'm from Desoto, Texas.

Live outside of Paris, TX but having surgery at Forest Park Medical Center in Dallas. Also the nutrionist said to have whoever was with me to keep my bed in an upright position cause it will help with the gas. Not at a 90 degree angle but in a reclining sitting position.

Live outside of Paris' date=' TX but having surgery at Forest Park Medical Center in Dallas. Also the nutrionist said to have whoever was with me to keep my bed in an upright position cause it will help with the gas. Not at a 90 degree angle but in a reclining sitting position.[/quote']

I'm having my surgery at St. Paul- Utsw in Dallas. I know I will not be able to sleep in my bed because of the height. I now have to step up to get in there. I will either sleep on the sofa or one of my kids bed which is lower.

I am on the 25th in the Twin Cities. I have Unjury, broth, SF popsicles. I am going to Target tomorrow for the Gas X strips and a few other items.

I am on the 25th in the Twin Cities. I have Unjury' date=' broth, SF popsicles. I am going to Target tomorrow for the Gas X strips and a few other items.[/quote']

Welcome, We can all check in with one another after surgery and tell our experiences. I love the sf popcicles in tropical cant get enough of those. Inuit trying to get ready for monday liquids only. I will get the Isopure to help me.

I am on the 25th in the Twin Cities. I have Unjury' date=' broth, SF popsicles. I am going to Target tomorrow for the Gas X strips and a few other items.[/quote']

Just left Target, my store does not have gas-ex strips, grrr