Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I was on a liquid diet for 4 weeks before surgery. I also have lots of Hair loss.< /p>

Greenfamily, I was on a liquid diet for 4 weeks before surgery, and I do have significant Hair loss.< /p>

Oops! Just realized that I posted this already!

Jenn- If my Hair loss continues for another 5 months' date=' I'll be bald! Has yours slowed any?[/quote']

Yes..there was a week in dec i would cry...now i see a huge difference in the amount. Its about half what i was losing before and barely in the shower. I mostly see it when i dry my hair. Used to be hufe clumps in the shower and on my brush and when i dried my hair. Hang in there you wont go bald.

kparker so what are you going to do to get back on track lady? whats our plan? my plan is to start working out yikesssssssssssss. lets do this we got this. you lost over 50lbs you got this.

NEWGMA_-I love u sooo much!! You are right! Exercise is key for me too. I did have my hubby bring in the treadmill but unfortunately, now it is holding back packs and jackets! LOL.

Just curious about Hair loss.

Please respond if you are experiencing hair loss and if prior to surgery you were on a liquid diet or low carb?

For myself

Very little hair loss and no liquid diet. I low carbed for two weeks prior to surgery.

I was on a two week liquid diet before and have had lots of hair loss. Only noticable to myself tho.

NO Teatimed' date=' not at all. It is worse!! I get scared that it is going to all fall out. When I comb my hair and wash it gobs fall out. I have pretty thick hair and I only notice a little on the part and no one else notices but it has to stop soon or I will have to get that spray on stuff, ha ha.[/quote']

Mine too:( sleeved sept 25 clumps are coming out. Dear lord stop soon pls I focus on Protein And take Biotin bio sil and vitamins! However ive lost 67 slowing down now though.

Just curious about Hair loss.

Please respond if you are experiencing hair loss and if prior to surgery you were on a liquid diet or low carb?

For myself

Very little hair loss and no liquid diet. I low carbed for two weeks prior to surgery.

Was on liquid for a month post op. y'all's I me onto something. I'm loosing a ton however in desperate need of cut/ color.

here is the cookie reciepe

ngredients: Makes 14 servings (14 each)

1/2 cup

unsweeted applesauce, maybe less

1 cup

trader joes organic brown sugar

large egg whites

1-1/2 cups

oats

3/4 cup

oat flour

1/4 tsp.

salt

1/2 tsp.

baking powder

1 tsp.

cinnamon

2 scoops

of designer vanilla protien powder

Directions:

preheat oven to 350 degrees. line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper

in a medium bowl mix in brown sugar, egg whites

in a second medium bowl mix oatmeal flour salt cinnamon baking soda here you can add raisons nuts etc. with two tbsp scoop out mixture and place on sheet 2 inches apart bake for 12-15 min let cool before removing from pan

130 cal

1.42 fat

58 sodium

25 carbs

5 Protein

i dont suggest for the losing part, but if you get a sweet tooth its healthy only made with healthy ingrediants. just sharing

kparker we have to stick together here. this is our world we come here to be here for our fellow sleevers. love ya back girlie

becca and parker i think i got the perfect meal plan today. i decided to give Jerky a try its not to bad in sodium as i thought and an oz is a pretty good size. so here is my numbers for today

cals 982

carbs 42 :)

protien 87

fat 51

sodium 1623

Breakfast 2 oz turkey patty

snack 1 1/2 oz beef jerky

lunch 2 oz low sodium turkey meat, 1/2 slice chedder cheese, on romaine lettuce

snack 4oz spinach and sour cream dip, tortilla chips with no salt, 1oz beef jerky

dinner 2 curry chicken wings and salad

snack 1/4 cup low sodium sunflower seeds, i was craving those.

what you think

newgrandmother, that's so funny. I saw my Dr on Monday and she said I've got slightly too much Calcium in my urine (TMI sorry) and it could lead to kidney stones. She said to cut back on cashews, almonds and peanuts. Those were my go to Snacks at work. So, I decided to try beef Jerky instead. So far so good. I have a low fat, low sodium teriyaki flavor that I like. A little bit goes a long way, by the time I finish chewing it I'm no longer hungry.

I'm almost 5 months out, yes, I'm losing some hair but not enough to make me worried. I don't dry it with a blow dryer or use any product on it (my fantastic hairdresser helped me find a style that allows me to do this), so maybe that helps? I'm taking 5000 mg of Biotin twice a day and using Nutrix Shampoo and conditioner.

I use MFP to track my Protein and calories, I usually get well over 50 g of protein a day.

velna lol. i am almost5 months out also and i had trader joes Jerky it was to soft i need the hard one like you had so i will get some from 7 eleven or something.

Teatimed, I was sleeved 9/10 and just started to shed!!! I have gotten my Protein in and it is still happening. I take my Vitamins along with Biotin and zink but I shed anyway ;(! My nut said there really isn't much you can do about it but rude it out . Should stop by 9 or 10 months out! I don't have a lot of hair to begin with.....

Ibehere, in 9 or 10 months I'll be bald! Let's hope it stops sooner rather than later.

I've also been taking my Vitamins, but I'm still shedding!

wow yall scaring me now. i havent started shedding, now im scared