Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I had my surgery on Sept. 24th and I've recently started losing my hair(lots of hair!).

Is anyone going through this? If so when does it stop? Does it stop?

Help!!!!!

I started at two months out (sleeved 9/5) and its just now slowing down..thsnk goodnesd. Its freaky at first but no one notices but you. I got used to it but it took a fee weeks before it wasnt depressing. Good luck.

everyone i really think the key to not losing your hair is Protein and the Vitamins you take. if you take over the counter vitamins they are not aborbed very well so you are not getting your nutrients. i stick to Celebrate multi complete for a reason. they have all your vitamins in there and you chew two a day. it is so worth the money and they cost around the same as your over the counter ones along with the other supplements you take. i only take those and Calcium my vitamins have everything and they absorb well so you wont have any lack of nutrients. i am almost 5 months out and no Hair loss. and i do focus on protien first so think about it do you want to continue to lose hair or do you want your hair. now i havent heard anyone say there hair was fallen out from taking Celebrate Vitamins if so somone correct me please.

That is so funny about jury duty!!! How far along are you? I am almost 5 months and no Hair loss yet.

I am at 4 months as of the 24th of Jnauary. I have slowed WAY down on weight loss and even gained 3 pounds this week. :( I am eating way too many carbs because they go down so easy and do not upset my stomach as much. I noticed I can eat so much more now too.

TEATIMED- We had surgery the same day and YES. I have tons of hairloss. There are so many different views on why we actually lose hair, but my Dr,. said it is going to happen regardless of Protein, no protein, Biotin, Vitamins etc. But then my nutritionis has the opposite opinion. My hair lady said it was from the anesthesia so who know! LOL

kparker so what are you going to do to get back on track lady? whats our plan? my plan is to start working out yikesssssssssssss. lets do this we got this. you lost over 50lbs you got this.

K-Parker, has your Hair loss slowed any?

K-Parker, has your Hair loss slowed any?

NO Teatimed, not at all. It is worse!! I get scared that it is going to all fall out. When I comb my hair and wash it gobs fall out. I have pretty thick hair and I only notice a little on the part and no one else notices but it has to stop soon or I will have to get that spray on stuff, ha ha.

Kparker....me too! Every time I wash it I'm afraid to look, because I know the brush will be full. I also have (had) thick hair, but now it's just becoming so thin.

Hopefully it will end soon.

Teatimed- Are you doing you suplements? I dont ever remember to take it. I think I am getting th Protein in, i dont know though because I am not monitoring that either. I am officially a Sleeve Slacker.

I take the Bariatric Fusion Vitamins and i hit my Protein everyday...my NUT told me everyone will see type of Hair loss no matter what just some notice it more. She said it lasts until about nine months out and if you didnt have any then you prob wont. I have tons of little hairs growing back its annoying but ill deal.

kparker- I'm the same way...I often forget to take my Vitamins and I never track my Protein intake.

Guess you can add me to the Sleeve Slacker Club!

Jenn- If my Hair loss continues for another 5 months, I'll be bald! Has yours slowed any?

I was NOT on a liquid diet. I was not restricted at all except the day before surgery and I have LOTS of hairloss.

Still got all my hair :) but I'm only down 35lbs

9/26/12 244

1/29/13 209

Sent from my iPhone using VST