Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

i bet it was cold. this is the coldest winter on the west coast so i know the east is freezing

Oh Lord, it's girl scout cookie time! They are out everywhere. Give me the strength to just say NO!

I have lost my love of pizza. Maybe I'm just a pizza snob now. But I had a slice of my kid's on Friday night....not impressed. And I only order thin crust anyway, they don't need to hop on that carb bandwagon. I could only eat one slice. Meh, wasn't even that impressed with it. Maybe it's my cold and it just doesn't let anything taste all that good.

My biggest freaking out is my hair! My daughter a few weeks ago, said "Mom what are those white dots on your hair? " And sure enough there were all these what looked like too much hair spray all near the bottom of my hair. I could "scrape" it off and it was crunchy. Had no idea. Stopped using any product on my hair for a few days and turned down the heat on the dryer and thought that should help. Put my hair up yesterday so the bottom half of my hair got no product or anything. Took my hair out out in the evening before bed and here are all these "white dots" again. Totally freaking out. Now maybe at this point you all know what is going on with my hair, but I had no idea. So I googled it. I have split ends. White Patches where the hair will break off and get worse, if I don't take care of it now. I have never had this before in my life!!! I have to go get my hair cut.

I need more Protein. Seriously, it can't just be the protein! I'm not entirely sure I was getting all that much protein before this surgery and all the stuff leading up to it. I mean, sure I was eating waaaay more food. I was also taking way more Vitamins and supplements. I don't care what my crazy NUT says, I still think we need more supplements in our diet. I'm adding back in my fish oil and green tea extract. There is no way on a 2000 calorie a day diet that "normal" people are getting ALL their vitamins, etc. from their food----our food? in our society?? Not hardly. And US, we're NOT EVEN getting near that amount so how can we even think we're getting all that our body/cell structures, etc. need?

More protein, more supplements and getting my hair cut. Not ready to buy a wig yet. Or be bald.

Momofthing1thing2, I found a fish oil at the Vitamin Shop that is called Coromega 3 squeeze in orange flavor and it is a little packet and you squeeze it in to your mouth and it is like liquid orange, not bad at all! My hair and skin were getting really dry and this seems to have helped. I also take the Celebrate multicomplete Vitamins specifically for the gastric sleeve, extra B12, D3, Calcium and Biotin every day! Just had my 4 month check up with full labs (they took 6 vials of blood) and the doctor said all my vitamins are great! I also know that I could not get 70-90g of Protein a day without one shake in the morning, just a RTD one. I couldn't eat that much food, so I totally understand. Hang in there!

NGMA!!!! I have to tell you this, It is hilarious! Last week I was bragging to you that I have NEVER got Jury Duty etc.etc. and guess what I got in the mail today???? I could not believe it, I was floored. Had to share with you.

MOM123- I have some major Hair loss going as well and I process and curl and blow dry my hair. There is an AWESOME conditioner at Sallys, you can get it online if you do not have a Sallys. It is called Natures Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Cream. I LOVE it. It does not leave my hair greasy and it is so silky and really targets the split ends. Wont do much for hairloss though. :)

parker that is funny. girl just get it over with.

Yeah, I went to the salon today.....don't think I've been to an actual salon since I was a kid (and I don't count Walmart---where I usually go for hair cuts). I went and I've never been there before, so I explained to the lovely lady what the deal was, the surgery, the diet, everything. And she fixed it!! I have the cutest, sexiest, funnest hair I think I've ever had! Granted it's thin right now, but everything I have read is encouraging that around 8 or so months out, it should level off and get back to normal. But after she got rid of the yuck, she examined my hair and it's healthy, just thinner than usual and not much of it. But I'm encouraged.

Now need more Protein. I'm just not getting in enough. Today, maybe 50. Seriously, my tiny tum just won't hold much. It takes me a couple of hours just to get all my morning protein smoothie in. I eat lunch, and then dinner. About 10-ish at lunch...and maybe another 10-ish for dinner. Just trying, but only so much room. How are you all getting it in?

ive been complaining about not losing weight i just looked at my stats from 12/5 and i was 244 at my 3 month check up, i think my doc is going to be happy when she sees me thats only a month i lost that amount of weight wow

NGMA!!!! I have to tell you this' date=' It is hilarious! Last week I was bragging to you that I have NEVER got Jury Duty etc.etc. and guess what I got in the mail today???? I could not believe it, I was floored. Had to share with you.

MOM123- I have some major Hair loss going as well and I process and curl and blow dry my hair. There is an AWESOME conditioner at Sallys, you can get it online if you do not have a Sallys. It is called Natures Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Cream. I LOVE it. It does not leave my hair greasy and it is so silky and really targets the split ends. Wont do much for hairloss though. :)[/quote']

That is so funny about jury duty!!! How far along are you? I am almost 5 months and no hair loss yet.

becca what Vitamins are you taking im 4 months out no hair loss

Hey girl!! I think we are twin sleeves!! We seem to go through the same phases at the same time. I bought the complete Vitamin from the baitric website. Then I take extra vit.d. Calcium and pain meds. I haven't gotten blood work done since surgery. Hoping to get that done in march. What about u??

i go for my 6 month in march and blood work. tonight i am feeling really anxious not a good thing i have anxiety from time to time i think its happening right now. not a good feeling

That is so funny about jury duty!!! How far along are you? I am almost 5 months and no Hair loss yet.

I'm a little over 4 months out...pushing 5 here soon.

I had my surgery on Sept. 24th and I've recently started losing my hair(lots of hair!).

Is anyone going through this? If so when does it stop? Does it stop?

Help!!!!!