Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I was sleeved on Sept 17 so i am 4 days post op. It is hard to get all the liquids in. My back is hurting and i hurt really bad when i cough. I hope that i have not busted anything open from coughing. I just sip sip sip all day long. Everything is staying down' date=' i enjoy the sugar free popsicles the most. I feel really weak today so i have not walked today. I really will be glad when i heal because that is the worst right now. I do want some real food but i know the importance of following the doc orders. I will be able to start the puree stage on Tuesday so i am happy about that. I really wish i was pain free. How long does the pain last?[/quote']

My upper back is killing me as well. I went to see my pcp yesterday and gave me muscle relaxer. Hope you feel better soon.

Ok' date=' so I went through this for two days and didn't realize it was the Jello. Does anyone know why this happens? I love my jello, so does this stop afterwhile or do I give away my jello to the kids, lol.?[/quote']

This might be TMI but I actually passed it thinking it was a bm but it was just as you described it. Wonder if thIs what it was?

I chewed the chicken a lot and didn't have a problem with it. All week I've had protien shakes' date=' yogurt and Popsicles, I don't like anything else. I've lost 7 pounds but I'm hungry and don't think I'm eating enough.[/quote']

Yes it's hard to do liquids for so long but it helps to heal your stomach before introducing solid foods but I do understand... Yes it's also hard to have these little issues w/ my side, it hurts today quite a bit but I've moved around a lil while now I'm goin to rest & then get up & walk a lil more & drink plenty of water.. It will get better & don't feel guilty @ all for eating that tiny lil piece of chicken focus on the fact that each day you will get better & each day you'll be closer to being able to actually eat... The side pain is bad ik how you feel on that one but just stay focused our weight will come off as well... Stay encouraged & everyone is here to help each other not fault & bring each other down... Everyone here has helped me so much

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Glad to hear you are home and doing better. I've had a slow recovery too. It depresses me sometimes when I hear how good everyone else is doing. I think it might have to do with how big I am' date=' more weight pulling on the incisions and my body in shock from the small amount of food.[/quote']

Yes it is remember every day will get a lil easier..

ready i prayed for you and i knew you would be fine. now lets be on our way girl.

scared good for you girl and i my full liquids is similar i get 2 servings of protien supplement. cream of wheat' date=' sugar free pudding, cream Soup. cant wait for the real food.< /p>

mdm was that kool aid pack sugar free girlfriend?[/quote']

Thanks ik you were & I appreciate it - ik things will get better - 1st weeks are the toughest for some... Thank you thank you ????

Ready - .glad to see u are at home!...u can do this!....remember you had the heital herena repair as well....

Yes thanks Wallman - I am doin a lil better today- a lil tired but ik I can do it & thanks for the encouragement & yes same thing the Dr said - remember you just had surgery less then 2 weeks ago, not months ago - listen to your body he says - so thanks ik it will get easier each day & congrats on the weight loss - your doin great

Well I can say I'm sleeved 9/19/12 doing good other than feels like I get stabbed for about 2 secs each time I drink anything. Dr said it was spasms and gave me a script for it. So far I'm drinking good (minus the pain) and I'm walking on the treadmill in my motel as I type this :) my Dr was Morris Washington at costal bariatrics in Conway SC the whole experience has been above and beyond what I expected. I lost 42lbs pre op and have 100lbs to go and I hope to get there. So as for the sept sleevers roll call I'm here:)

I was sleeved on Sept 17 so i am 4 days post op. It is hard to get all the liquids in. My back is hurting and i hurt really bad when i cough. I hope that i have not busted anything open from coughing. I just sip sip sip all day long. Everything is staying down, i enjoy the sugar free popsicles the most. I feel really weak today so i have not walked today. I really will be glad when i heal because that is the worst right now. I do want some real food but i know the importance of following the doc orders. I will be able to start the puree stage on Tuesday so i am happy about that. I really wish i was pain free. How long does the pain last?

I was sleeved on the 17th too! I am still pretty miserable. Was feeling better this morning once everything started moving (pooping) and less bloated but now I am right back there looking like I am pregnant again this afternoon. I just don't get it. How can I still have so much air in me? I am starting to worry. Emotions are all over the place as well today which is strange. I think I am just sick of being in this house not able to do anything worthwhile and not having the energy to do other things. Definitely having "buyer's remorse" here on day 4.

Yeah, it sucks...I wanted food too. Like a social thing, and just wanted to freaking chew something that wasn't SWEET!! But it gets better. Keep reminding yourself that your stomach is in the process of healing and if you do food too fast, you'll be back in the hospital pretty darn quick. I sat here and cried and cried and had buyer's remorse. But then I started to feel a little better, was able to not be on meds during the day and could get out and walk and could see the scale move in the direction that I like....and you know, it's okay. I keep telling myself, I will be able to eat just give it time. And pardon me, but damn the tv doesn't help either. Never even noticed before how many food commercials they have on there!!! It's a conspiracy to make us all fat. Well, we'll freaking show them, we'll lose weight and still be able to eat small amounts of yummy things!

Hang in there. It does get better. And I'm only 11 days post-op.

You sound just like me! Daytime t.v. sucks! Every other commercial is food. I never realized it until now that I can't have it. Darn it. Day 4 for me and the bloated belly is NOT getting better. I feel hungry but worried that if I drink any more that it is going to bust open. Nowhere near getting my 60oz of Fluid every day. My belly was better this morning but since lunch it has blown up again. I just don't get it...why is it going back and forth. When I get to moving in the right direction (passing gas finally and pooping (well, diarrhea) then I want to keep moving in the right direction (getting rid of air) but it seems to be going backwards now. Any suggestions?

You sound just like me! Daytime t.v. sucks! Every other commercial is food. I never realized it until now that I can't have it. Darn it. Day 4 for me and the bloated belly is NOT getting better. I feel hungry but worried that if I drink any more that it is going to bust open. Nowhere near getting my 60oz of Fluid every day. My belly was better this morning but since lunch it has blown up again. I just don't get it...why is it going back and forth. When I get to moving in the right direction (passing gas finally and pooping (well' date=' diarrhea) then I want to keep moving in the right direction (getting rid of air) but it seems to be going backwards now. Any suggestions?[/quote']

What are you eating or drinking? Have you tried gas x?

Walking is the only thing that I found that moved that gas out... I was walking by myself and boy was I glad... LOL... I could not imagine there being that much gas in there but your body also creates more gas from the changing diet... I am 9th day out and finally starting to feel "normal"

Headaches? Mine wont go away. I am out day 5..getting lots of fluids..74oz plus.. But cant stand clear Protein drinks.. So waiting until day 5 when i can drink choco shakes ? Still cant get over headaches? Any ideas ?.. Guess no one else gas this problem:(

I'm 9 days out today & don't feel near back to normal - my stomach is also bloated - ik one day us newbies will feel normal again... Ik it's rough trust me - ik I still have gas & etc in my stomach - some just takes longer time time to come out but it will come...

ready i prayed for you and i knew you would be fine. now lets be on our way girl.

scared good for you girl and i my full liquids is similar i get 2 servings of protien supplement. cream of wheat' date=' sugar free pudding, cream Soup. cant wait for the real food.< /p>

mdm was that kool aid pack sugar free girlfriend?[/quote']

No the kool aid had sugar so it was double bad for me, the strange thing is it went down so smoothly with that little straw, every sip of Water I take fills my chest with air.

I also was sleeved by Dr. Zelada at kaiser west L.A. But on the 13th.

On Clear Liquids until Tuesday of next week so only Water with sugar free flavoring, broth, Jello, wonton Soup w/o the wontons, S/F popsicles. So sick of it all and it is only day 4. I have never looked more forward to oatmeal in my entire life! No, have not tried gas-x. My MD doesn't even want me taking my Vitamins this week. Everything liquid.< /p>