Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Hello everyone - I'm still in the hospital but will be getting out tomorrow ' I can't wait... I was somewhat discouraged about not losing only but a few lbs but Dr & nurse said that b/c I still have air & some swolleness in my stomach & obviously today be'n pumped full of all these liquids has to do w/ only a few lbs weight loss but that next week & there after should be better.. Next Wed I can start soft foods which I look forward to - beyond sick of liquids... They also are giving me anti inflammatory meds for my side & its feeling a bit better... Try'n to stay positive... Thanks for everyone for your prayers... I really appreciate all the support...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am 6 days out. I'm feeling great still have a little tenderness in my side and one of the smaller incisions under my bra line is irritated. I haven't been able to get my Protein in. I bought Isopure and some other clear Protein solutions and they are all way to sweet!!! Make my stomach turn with one sip. Today I started drinking protein shakes- hope that's not a no no. I haven't been given the ok to move from clear to pure liquids. I have my one week post op appt tomorrow afternoon.

I've been up and active since the day after surgery. On Sunday I went and got my nails done and walked around the dog park for 20 mins. I returned to work on Wednesday. So far so good...

Just really trying to get my Water and protein in daily. That's my struggle at the moment.

Can't wait to hear how the rest of my Sept sleevers are doing. :)

Here are my numbers:

270 week before surgery

261 day of surgery 9/14

267 day after surgery 9/15

Today I was 250.6. 9/20

That's a total of 19.4 lbs

Just had surgery yesterday and having a hard time keeping fluids down. It almost feels like the Fluid is getting stuck and then once it finally goes into the sleeve I feel nauseous. Anyone else felt this way if so how long did it last?

Currently everything feels like its a lil stuck but I e had no nausea - I had surgery on 9/12 - I asked the Dr about that today & he said over time that will subside

i still was nausea at day 6. well guys ive pooped 2 times since surgery i know tmi but im happy. i have so much energy today i drove myself to run errands get blood work and even checked on my disabilty claim at kaiser. my neighbor saw me and was like where are you going and am i ok to do this. i was like heck yea its been 8 days. i also slept on my tummy last night.

so everyone within a few days and struggeling im letting you now it will get better. im trying this sample protien protizyme its gourmet Peanut Butter cookie. yummyyyyyyyyyyyy what a change from premier and Isopure.< /p>

ready im glad you are ok but how was the test results. continue to strive and get well.

Thanks girl, my side is just a bit inflamed & they givin me meds thru IV for that & the heavy swallow will subside @ some point & I hope soon... Start soft foods on Wed... Sick of luiquids... Glad your doin so good - up & out & etc... That's great

Ready for change I hope you're feeling better soon! You've been in my thoughts.

Ready glad to hear you are being taken care of. This too shall pass.

Well I had to go see the dr. today my back is just killing me. She gave me.muscle relaxors and.will take them tonight. I got weighed in and I've lost 10 lbs. I was sleeved one week today.

I think I might be eating to much. Funny and weird but can't tell when I'm full.

Has anyone experience this?

Well I had to go see the dr. today my back is just killing me. She gave me.muscle relaxors and.will take them tonight. I got weighed in and I've lost 10 lbs. I was sleeved one week today.

I think I might be eating to much. Funny and weird but can't tell when I'm full.

What might u be eating? I am two weeks out and still not allowed to eat? I don't feel full on this liquid phase but they said that was normal. Start puréed soon.

What might u be eating? I am two weeks out and still not allowed to eat? I don't feel full on this liquid phase but they said that was normal. Start puréed soon.

I am on stage 2 full liquids.

Morning 8 oz of Protein shake

lunch about 1/4 cup Greek yogurt

a little Soup

dinner 1/4 cup cottage cheese

And a Jello

And sips of Water all day long.

I am on stage 2 full liquids.

Morning 8 oz of Protein shake

lunch about 1/4 cup Greek yogurt

a little Soup

dinner 1/4 cup cottage cheese

And a Jello

And sips of Water all day long.

If that is what ur allowed to eat then it doesn't sound like too much. Sounds like a great balance of protei

That is great (about the weight loss not the back issue). I only lost 8 lbs the first week and then 3 the 2nd. I was able to start adding in real food today..woohoo. Tuna/egg/chicken salad, cottage cheese, cheese in general and ground turkey. I couldn't tell when i was full either until today. I can eat about 3oz of food at a time and i am SO over the Protein shakes. I am drinking the Isopure zero carb to help with Protein but i refuse to drink the milky ones anymore they are so gross post op anyways.

Well everyone I'm goin home in about an hour & I'm so glad & I never want to see this place again unless I'm visiting someone here... I do feel a lot better - a lil tired but Dr agreed I can rest better @ home - determined to go home & do good & get my liquids in... Thanks everyone for your thoughts & prayers - I didnt want to spend one more night in here... Thanks for all the encouragement - it has really helped me...

On stage two full liquids..hard to get all the Protein in....15lbs down since surgery ...trying to get in my walking in everyday ...but very very tried..dr started me on iron....