Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

well it is officallya week out. ive lost 7lbs yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. had a real bad day yesterday. i woke up felt good i took my meds and sat to eat Breakfast and naseau stepped in omg i felt so bad i took some meds for that and it went away.

i tried gatroade yesterday i dont think i can have it made me sick, also premier shakes cant have. i had my first dumping syndrome yesterday. i did to much to fast at one time first i had some gatorade than it was time to eat, so i started drinking my premier and omg i felt so ill i had to stop and make a clear supplement so i started drinking that and omg my tummy felt like bricks i got chills nausea and diarria i had to sit back and relax, mydaughter made me some pepperment tea. so lateri felt better and i finished my clear protien drink.

so i am clear from now on. i might try muschle milk today and see how that works. i know i am lactose intolorante but i use to drink primier befor the surgery and had no problem well houston we have a problem now.

woke up this morning feeling ok but once i move around i get nausau. about to have my strained oatmeal with nf lactaid yuk.

i love reading everyones progress it helps and it motivates and i know i am not alone in this. love you guys

First day post-op. All is well. Should go home on time thursday.

Had my surgery sept 7th, I'm down a total of 44 lbs, 20 pre op, 24 post op. I've followed everything strictly and can't stress enough how important it is to get your Vitamins, Water, & Protein in. When I don't get it all in, my body can tell. I'm a lot more tired and groggy without getting what my body needs daily. I've been walking alotl & chasing my 15 month old daughter all around. There ain't no rest for the wicked! Stay strong!

well it is officallya week out. ive lost 7lbs yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. had a real bad day yesterday. i woke up felt good i took my meds and sat to eat Breakfast and naseau stepped in omg i felt so bad i took some meds for that and it went away.

i tried gatroade yesterday i dont think i can have it made me sick, also premier shakes cant have. i had my first dumping syndrome yesterday. i did to much to fast at one time first i had some gatorade than it was time to eat, so i started drinking my premier and omg i felt so ill i had to stop and make a clear supplement so i started drinking that and omg my tummy felt like bricks i got chills nausea and diarria i had to sit back and relax, mydaughter made me some pepperment tea. so lateri felt better and i finished my clear protien drink.

so i am clear from now on. i might try muschle milk today and see how that works. i know i am lactose intolorante but i use to drink primier befor the surgery and had no problem well houston we have a problem now.

woke up this morning feeling ok but once i move around i get nausau. about to have my strained oatmeal with nf lactaid yuk.

i love reading everyones progress it helps and it motivates and i know i am not alone in this. love you guys

Have you tried the nectar Protein? Made by Syntrax...I get it from www.vitacost.com VERY tasty. Fuzzy Navel is my favorite, kind of tastes like Tang. Great in the morning. And my go-to Protein supp is Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Natural 100% whey (no sugar) in chocolate. It's the black containor with a yellow label (not red). I make that one with 1/2 cup Water, 3/4 cup of milk, 3-5 ice cubes and a scoop of the protein. Yum.

AND congrats on the 7 pounds gone forever!!!

For Protein I really like Maxpro .. It's concentrated protein. Each scoop has 30 gr of protein and >1 gr of sugar 4 carbs and I love the strawberry flavor. I've been doing 8 oz. of Water and two scoops of Protein Powder. I have it for breakfast and then just sip on water the rest of the day. I also have creamed Soup, or yogurt, sf Jello, Oh and my fav is sf popsicles..

golden glad you are doing well girl

momo i am already on it girl. i just ordered a tub in strawberry kiwi this is some good stuff.

scared so good to see you after surgery glad you are ok

For Protein I really like Maxpro .. It's concentrated Protein. Each scoop has 30 gr of protein and >1 gr of sugar 4 carbs and I love the strawberry flavor. I've been doing 8 oz. of Water and two scoops of protein powder. I have it for breakfast and then just sip on Water the rest of the day. I also have creamed soup' date=' or yogurt, sf Jello, Oh and my fav is sf popsicles..[/quote']

Where do you purchase this maxpro @???

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Tomorrow is my 2 week!!! I am down 22 pounds. My incisions are itchy and I am in need of CHEWING something!!! I feel FANTASTIC!! I am actually heading to Universal Horror nights on Friday :) I am going to attempt egg beaters tomorrow as its day 14 and I can begin soft foods... I am sick of shakes and floating from drinking so much Crystal Lite! What was or is your plan for your first soft food?

Hi Everyone...

I'm 3 days out today and still in the hospital. Per my doctor, all sleeve patients must stay in the hospital for 3 days. I'll be getting my drain tube taken out tomorrow and sent on my way home.

I did the Pre-op diet for a week, having 5 Protein (Bariatric Advantage Brand) shakes a day with two warm broths and two cups of veggies. I lost 11 pounds. I haven't weighed myself post-op, but I hope I have lost some weight. All I had was Clear liquids the day prior to surgery and past midnight till today I have had nothing to drink or eat. (smh).. As of now, I am still on pain medications (a pain pump) and I'm drinking an ounce of Water once an hour every hour (which by the way has been super hard to swallow and I even get a little pain once I feel it has hit my stomach)...right before I was started on Water, my doctor ordered me to get a fluoroscopy test done to make sure there were no leaks... This fluoroscopy test consisted of me drinking for the first time in more than 48 hours the most dreadful drink ever! (some disgusting dye)!.. But oh well..

My doctor is super duper thorough and since post op I have also gotten a chest x-ray and now I'm just waiting on more post-op instructions.

I'll be going back to work next Thursday, hopefully by then l be feeling better and able to digest the following foods: Protein Shakes, water, sugar free Jello, warm broth, frozen yogurt?, and perhaps some veggies too as I did in the pre op diet.

Good luck to the rest of the September sleevers... We got a long way to go..=)

I am 6 days out and feeling really good. Some pain if I gulp Water or whatever I am drinking, but I also had my hialtal hernia repaired at the same time so I sort of expected it.

I had my sister here for a week helping me out and keeping me company. I think that had made the biggest difference. She was great about reminding me to walk etc.

So far I am down 14 pounds in 11 days..(including 3 days pre-op). I start my full liquids tomorrow....can't wait for some applesauce!

Glad to hear everyones story! Hope everyone just gets better and better!

Where do you purchase this maxpro @???

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I buy it it a Max Muscle. I tried all the other Protein shakes and they were all either to sweet or to chaulky tasting for me. This one is perfect. What I like is that I have the 60 gr. of Protein before noon. I forgot to mention that it's 130 cal per scoop. Not to bad.

I am 2 days post-op and feeling alright. I am sipping Water and a few ounces of Protein Shake at a time. I burp constantly! Is that normal? I am off pain meds right now but think I might take the meds tonight before bed as last night I was up every hour. I am looking forward to several days from now when I anticipate feeling much better.

I am 2 days post-op and feeling alright. I am sipping Water and a few ounces of Protein shake at a time. I burp constantly! Is that normal? I am off pain meds right now but think I might take the meds tonight before bed as last night I was up every hour. I am looking forward to several days from now when I anticipate feeling much better.

I am STILL burping and I'm 9 days post-op. Especially if I forget and drink too quickly. It is less now than it was. At first, it was like a burp would feel like it was stuck and be painful. Now they come out. I'm pretty sure it's all that gas they pump into us. It's got to go somewhere. Pain meds at night for me is a MUST. Just too painful to sleep comfortably yet.

Sleeved on Monday the 17th so this is Day 2 I guess. Still having lots of pain. Trying to not take the pain meds but it has not worked thus far. Everything hurts going down. Don't think I am meeting my 40-80oz of liquid per day. I just don't know how that is possible. I don't see my doctor until a week from today. Got to take off my dressings and shower today which was nice. But wow, the incision on my left is really sore this afternoon. Still feel really bloated and full of air. Trying to walk around my house but of course it is not as much as when I was in the hospital. So far, just not feeling happy about all this but hoping that once I start feeling better that my feelings will change.

mrs im going for the egg beaters with cheese yummy cant wait

msdrea wow kaiser only requires over night unless there is a problem.i am so glad they test for leaks while i was under i hate that drink

ali congrats on lyour loss