Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Newgrandmother - where is that gym? I was told in my options class not to go to a gym for 3 months. Anyone else told that?

I keep reading how people are walking a week after surgery, I'm still in pain

I am to.... It felt like it took me all day to walk up the street and back. My brother had to come over and get me out of bed and walk with me..I Love MY Brother... but i am not able to go to the gym yet. I had surgery Sept. 17.

What's nectar?

Syntrax Nectar, it's a yummy Protein Powder, there's tons of yummy flavors :) google and you'll find lots of places that sell variety packs so you can try different flavors before you buy a big container ;)

I think three months is a little long too! I want a minimal amount of loose/sagging skin so I need to work out as soon as I can.

I'm a little confused with the pureed stage and full liquid stage.

I am on full liquids I'm allowed to have:

Yogurt

Cottage cheese

Sf Jello

Sf popsicles

Sf pudding

Sf custard

Pureed and strained Soups.< /p>

broth

Either way I've tried some soups like egg drop soup; miso Soup of course without the garnish and creamed.chicken soup and my stomach started hurting.

What are you eating?

Still on the Clear Liquids but i am heading into the puree stage and wanted to get some ideas about things.

This is day 18 since surgery, the end of the 2nd full week after the surgery week. I must say this week has been up and down. Every day has been something different. A couple days I felt great, went back to work Monday, then by Thurs. I left work at 3, came home and slept, got up to go to work on Fri and felt tired, sweaty and woozy, decided maybe it was better to take the weekend and rest some more. Have slept a lot. I've been on thick liquids and pureed food since Tuesday night. Be careful with this. As much as you think you're ready for it and sick of liquids, your sleeve may well have another plan. Cottage cheese works the best, at least for me. Refried Beans with melted cheese works pretty well too but beware of eating too fast. I can do maybe 1/3 cup at a time. Same with the yogurt. Sometimes I get that hard stuck feeling just below the breast bone and I feel like it would be great to throw up, but I don't. My mouth just fills up with saliva and all I can do is spit it out and walk around until the feeling passes. Not a good feeling at all. It's a real balance between trying to start with "food" and leaving the Protein Shakes behind. Still supplementing with those, especially when I feel bad from ingesting food too fast. Finding that eating or drinking a thicker Protein smoothie or shake too fast doesn't work at all. Watch that bad habit. Like if you're watching tv or something. Did that last night. Drank a thicker shake walking around Walmart today too fast and felt horrible standing in line waiting for the check-out. Clammy and faint. Have to wait on the chewable vitamins I got from the metabolic clinic. They definitely do not agree with me right now. Upset my digestive tract. Still using the adult gummy vitamins and I think I'll continue to do that for another week until I can introduce "fork soft" food. Quite a process here, just listen to your own particular body and take your time. As I've been reading, everyone has a somewhat different plan from their Dr. it seems. Some of us have the 2 week liquid, 2 week thicker liquid (yogurt, cottage cheese, pureed food) , 4 week "fork soft" food and then on to the regular food plan. Don't rush it. One gal in my Dr's practice blew out her sleeve last week eating a burger way too soon. Certainly not worth that kind of disaster.

For the sleever who's bladder froze for 24 hours, I had that problem too after the catheter was removed. Happens to me every time. It's like bladder paralysis for a few days actually, really takes it a while to get used to working again. I hate that! Hang in there! We can do this! Every day gets better! Take the spasm pills, take the nausea pills, have patience and think how far we've come already! :)

I was sleeved on 9/19 and was told that the sooner I can walk the better. I started my walking again on Friday day after I came home. I wasn't told not to go to the gym just not to strain or lift over 25lbs. I still have a pain when I drink something hot or cold. It goes away very quickly but stops me in my tracks any suggestions

I have a question - is anyone still dealing w/ gas pains or left side pain from the bigger incision?? I am & it's really getting on my last nerves... If it wasn't for those 2 things I would feel somewhat normal as far as physically... I walk & do the inhale exhale exercises... Any advice - I do have my 1st follow up appt on Mon morning which I plan to discuss all this w/ the nurse/nutritionist...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was sleeved on 9/19 and was told that the sooner I can walk the better. I started my walking again on Friday day after I came home. I wasn't told not to go to the gym just not to strain or lift over 25lbs. I still have a pain when I drink something hot or cold. It goes away very quickly but stops me in my tracks any suggestions

Surgery was 9/12 & that feeling gets better day by day - if it's something a lil thick I still feel it like moving down & sure hope that goes away one day soon but things like Soup & etc go down very smooth now...

I have a question - is anyone still dealing w/ gas pains or left side pain from the bigger incision?? I am & it's really getting on my last nerves... If it wasn't for those 2 things I would feel somewhat normal as far as physically... I walk & do the inhale exhale exercises... Any advice - I do have my 1st follow up appt on Mon morning which I plan to discuss all this w/ the nurse/nutritionist...

My bigger incision is on my right side and still hurts, I just took pain medicine after trying to tough it out all day. It's been 9 days and I'm going crazy and now all the incisions are itching, I scratch around them but my skin is pink and getting puffy so I don't know if its getting infected.

Yea mine is very sore still & seems swollen under my skin if that makes sense - none of my other incisions even bother me @ all - no itching or anything but the bloatiness/gas & my left side is make'n me have regrets even but yet I'm try'n to stay positive but its hard right now - it's uncomfortable & feel like I will never heal...

I am to.... It felt like it took me all day to walk up the street and back. My brother had to come over and get me out of bed and walk with me..I Love MY Brother... but i am not able to go to the gym yet. I had surgery Sept. 17.

I am with both of you!! I'm still not ready for much but walking.

mdm dr zelada told me to start walking as soon as i got home 45 mins a day. but you cant do sit ups and weights and stuff just walk

nurse girl i bought the sample pack to see which on i like and i orderd a tub of strawberry kiwi so yummy.

my incisions are healing and itching the right side the biggest one is healed and dont itch its the little ones that are giving me the trouble i have no pain at all. even after surgery hardly any pain and no gas but i was passing gas like crazy the first few days weird.

i so wanted to eat cottege cheese today and last night but i didnt. i just want something differant you know. ive been on a liquid diet for almost a month now and it sucks i am able to drink my Water faster yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I have drank more Water than I ever thought possible... I cannot tolerate ANY of the Protein I have tried.. I ordered egg drop Soup and added a bit of chicken bullion in it to add more flavor... SF popsicles and so far, that's it but yippee... not much if any pain anymore..but GAS? OMG ugh....the more I walk the more I have LOL

Oh egg drop soup! Now that i'm looking forward to!