Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Fellow 9/4 (Or Last Week) Sleevers - How Are You Doing ?

Some people are just too judgemental for me to deal with. Anyways, just checking in! How's everyone doing? My surgery again was the 7th, ive lost 20 lbs since surgery and a total of 40 lbs with my pre op weight loss. Feeling good, and can even start seeing some differences in my "betty-backfat" and my "teddy-thunder-thighs." my waist seems to maybe have dropped an inch or two, but nothing too crazy since my pants all pretty much feel similar with maybe a little breathing room. My incisions are still covered with the super glue, but they're getting itchy so I know they are almost ready to fall off! woo hoo, I am so sick of looking at them! :). I still have lost of bruising on my lower abdomen from the tons of shots of blood thinners my doc kept giving me, but I'll take the bruising over clots anyday. I hope everyone is doing well, I can't wait for friday to get here to start my pureed life! :). Im so sick of shakes, yogurts, Jello, egg scramblers, pudding, but I am totally into popsicles! I feel like thats all i eat!! :) Hope everyones keeping up on thier vitamins! I somehow skipped one day and could completely tell the difference! Ugh!

Hey everyone! I was sleeved the 11th and besides a bit tired I am feeling great. The day of surgery I was really wiped from the anesthesia I remember looking at the clock at 1120 right before I went under and didn't wake up till 2. Eeek needless to say I'm sensitive to meds. The docs and nurses were amazing even the nurses aids I couldn't have asked for better care. They knew I was a RN so maybe I was treated a bit different but I felt like I was cared for by friends. I am on only Protein Shakes for 2 more weeks ugh what I would do for an egg or Soup but not allowed to have anything but those clear sf fluids and sf ice pops no red or purple. Not much excitement! Lol

I too am interested in any ideas on some shake ideas. What is everyone doing with their shakes ?

I actually had a headache today (1st one since surgery) and drank Carnation Breakfast drinks instead of my shakes today. Spent most of the day in bed.

I drink a packet of the chocolate Carnation powder in 10 oz of milk and add a scoop of the GNC AMPd 60 Cookies and Cream. It's like 30g Protein.

I am doing well! Getting bored with food! I'm on full liquids still adding some cremes and I rather not eat! I quickly found out that is not good! So I make myself drink Protein Shakes and eat cream of vegetables. Any suggestions on how to enjoy my meals?

Hi everyone, I had my surgery on the 6th and am going to have my drain removed tomorrow. I was ill from the anesthesia after surgery which was terrible but had very little pain and except for once,, on the first night never used anything stronger then tylenol. I have dressings around the drain tube and have developed an allergy (a rash that burns and stings)to the adhesive on the paper tape I was given, so I quickly started using a different tape. I am so SICK of liquids! I am getting down 4 oz every hr. as the Dr. wanted and find myself FULL. I start the pureed stage tomorrow (pureed and strained for 1 week). I have never been a worry wart but am constantly worried that I will do something wrong.

Edie; it's a lot to take in. Just take each day at a time.

I can totally relate to the tape Allergy. I have it too. In the hospital I had a red wrist band and the nurses posted it all over the place. I STILL

had to remind people to use the cloth tape!!

Hang in there....it's kinda hard to really mess things up. :-)

This is day 7 post op for me. I am doing fine. I have lost 17 pounds since surgery. I am getting around good. I get up and walk around the house. I have managed to do light housekeeping. I am still sore on my left side. I sip all day too. I am looking forward to next week and the soft moist food I can have. I am getting tired of Protein Shakes too. I don't regret having the surgery and look forward to better days when I am not sore and can eat a variety of food. I am not hungry and have been able to cook for the family with no problem. I have not had any pain or nausea medicine today so maybe I am starting to get past that need. My husband remarked today that he can see the weight loss in my face and legs. Yay!! Happy Dance!!!

Hey guys - I was sleeved on the 4th, so tomorrow is 2 weeks and I have NO problems drinking ( I can chug) or problems eating - I've had a couple bites of pizza (chewed to mush) and a couple bites of chickedn (again chewed to mush). I am sooooo tired of the shakes and find I am even daydreaming about food. Ugh... I really have a problem...

Anyone else able to "eat" or tried eating in the first couple weeks after surgery?

Thanks guys,

Odee

Hi, everyone.

I was sleeved at 9/7 so far I am doing good. my problem is I am not loosing weight. for the 1st week after surgery I only lost 4.8lbs. after I started the full liquid last Friday I start having the heartburn. and my zantac didn't help.

about shake ideas: I bought Cookies and cream Protein powder, so I take 1 cup of greek yogurt 140 cal 22g Protein + 1 cup of skim milk 90 cal 9 g protein ( or Water -90 cal) + 1 scoop of powder ( 210 cal 32 g protein)

Blend it in the blender and enjoy your cookie and cream lassi :)

I LOVE THIS lassi.

Also girls I have another question: how many oz can you get at once per meal? I notice that I can drink up to 5oz OR I am eating 4oz of Soup /oatmeal per meal.

Is it a lot? not a lot?

Sleeved 9/5 down 15 since then. I can drink fine. I am hungry I can't tell if its head hunger or what I really miss food. I have my post op appt. Thursday I hope he moves me to stuff like tuna and canned chicken. No pain at all. I really don't feel like I even had surgery. The biggest problem I have is I'm allergic to the gall bladder medicine and have this incredibly itchy rash on my arms and legs. Also I can't sleep. Anyone else have that?

I don't get how people can risk everything with eating eggs and having sex now. I wouldn't dream of taking those chances.

I get that you're referring to me... But I don't think you understand that not everyone's experience is the same. I'm almost a week out and it says on my discharge papers I can have eggs. It says to resume sexually activity as desired, I was asking when people were successful at it, doesn't mean I'm riding 24/7. Yes I would love to resume sexually activity but am cautious. As far as eggs, I tried it, big whoop. It says I may have them. I'm sorry that your Experience has not been well, alls you can do is stay strong, and when you're ready you can have eggs and sex too! Lol

i cant wait to have eggs..should be able to on Wednesday..as far as the sex is...i was sleeved on 9/5 and was fine a week later..and did lol

I also feel like I am doing something wrong that I have only lost 11 lbs since 9/5 haha

I am jealous of all your bigger loses.

I will concur about the incisions being itchy and the tape was giving me a rash so they said i could take it off after about 4 days. The stitches were all internal so it wasn't a problem and they look really good. I have noticed that some people had much worse experiences than I did and i do find that sometimes their attitudes to be annoying. Just because someones experience was horrible doesn't mean that the people who had good experiences cant do certain things earlier than most and especially if its cleared by their drs. I am following the food aspect of it but i honestly am less than 2 weeks out and i feel like I never had surgery. Other than not being at 100% (maybe 95%)energy wise I feel great and with pre-op diet I am down 33lbs! I also am back to work full time as of today.

Every doctor gives different guidelines and especially regarding the sex..i was told to wait until i felt up to it..a week or two after surgery was fine. I don't feel I am going to rip a staple line because I had sex. This is just my opinion and to anyone who might get offended...just stating the facts! I am sure this will ruffle a few feathers lol

I am glad to hear that most everyone is doing great!! :)

I was sleeved on 9/4, so tomorrow will be 2 weeks and my first follow up visit. I should've starting puréed foods and thicker stuff-oatmeal, cottage cheese, and I'm going to beg for eggs. I had a really good hospital experience. Pain pump that I could hit every 10 minutes myself. Very attentive nurses,that were intent on pain control. I was walking later that day and discharged the next evening. The worst pain was the gas, which traveled all over my body and lodged mostly in my shoulders and chest for a few days. It took a week for that to completely subside. I've had very little nausea, just a couple times when the frozen yogurt Popsicle I was eating filled me up too fast.

For some variations on Protein Shakes, I've blended blueberries, bananas, strawberries, or a combo of what you like with plain Greek yogurt, coconut or almond milk, and a scoop of vanilla whey Protein and a few ice cubes. Tonite I tried a couple spoonfuls of Peanut Butter in there. That was very filling. I've also added plain Protein Powder to cream Soups like Tomato, sweet potato, and potato leek. Water and sugar free pops have always been easy to get down. So far 28 lbs pre surgery diet to now!

Jenn from Mass, you're funny! Must be the East Coast temper we share :). Im originally from Newburyport Mass, so I got a little Mass in my veins! haha. It's wierd for me to read about the drains, I had my surgery the 7th, opted to stay a second night since I have a 15 month old at home (it was my mini vacation.. hahaha) and then my surgeon took the drain out before leaving Sunday Morning the 9th. i rested the first few days and then we took a trip to Rhode Island to visit some family, and I've been on the go, on the go! I am a stay at home Mom, so days are as restful as they could be, but I couldn't be happier getting to spend time with my Sweet Caroline. Luckily shes a good walker, or I shoould say RUNNER, I don;t need to pick her up too too much, only when she needs a Mommy hug and a nap in her crib. I change her on the floor and have her climb up in chairs. The doctor said since shes only 22 lbs, not to stress too much about lifting her, and it doesnt seem to hurt when I do.

I am PROUD to announce this morning I have hit my UNDER-HUNDER!!!! I am now under a hundred pounds from my GOAL! I dont understand how the weight is just falling offf me so quickly! I have been walking quite a bit which I think is adding to my feeling fantastic! So I started at 299 in June with my pre op diet. The day of surgery I was 279 and this morning I am 256! AHHHH! My goal wieght is 160! im 96lbs away and have lost a total of 24lbs!! :) Woo Hoo Sleeve, make me skinny baby! Ive been following everything strictly, and today hopefully I will get the clear from pureed living!! :) Best Wishes All!! xx

haha Tekara..I am originally from NH but i think we have the east coast thing going for us! I remember when i hit the under 100lb mark i was super excited too...so ocngrats! I need to start being more active now that i have my energy back mostly.My goal is also 160 lbs...dont remember being below 200 as an adult so it will be interesting to say the least.