Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

They said it could take up to 2 weeks so I was going to call the doctors office at the end of next week - if I hold out that long. Should I call the insurance instead? I'm a nervous wreck - I seem to meet all of their criteria and my dietician for the last 6 months said I'm a perfect candidate but who knows. I hate the waiting.

I called the insurance' date=' and I am glad I did!

bmi.png

My paper work was submitted on Friday I'm with BCBS I'm hoping it don't take to long.

I'm thinking about canceling mine I'm soo scared:(

I have been in this spot a few times, too. Then I think of how awesome it is going to be to go out into public and not worry about other people staring or commenting on how fat I am. I remember that I want to travel. I remember that I want to be more than just a number in a statistic.

If you choose to cancel, do so because you are absolutely sure. Don't let fear cheat you out of the rest of your life.

We are here for you, and we are gonna be going through the same stuff. Hang in there, hun!

I have had fleeting moments of thinking the same thing but then I just keep remembering why I am

Doing this ..only you know what the right choice is for you .

I am scared to but I am even more scared of living life on the sidelines to embarrassed or ashamed to participate bc I'm to fat to swim to fat for this to fat for that . I am

Also doing this to kick diabetes butt too !! Or at least keep it controlled or at bay . Take some deep breaths and know that you are not alone

Hey all' date=' I am 53 yrs old and from MN. My date has been set for October 24th. I have 2 middle schoolers ages 14 and 13....Best of luck to everyone.[/quote']

What part of MN? I'm from WI.

La Crescent, MN. Dr. Baker. How about you?

Got my approval AND my date Oct 3!!!! Show yourselves my sleeve twins! And away we go!!!

bmi.png

Got my approval AND my date Oct 3!!!! Show yourselves my sleeve twins! And away we go!!!

Holy cow that's right around the corner, congrats!

I'm so happy for you !!

Hi, my surgery date is October 6. It was supposed to be Sept 25. But they found bacteria and postponed it. I am so bummed that I have to wait another month :(

Hi' date=' my surgery date is October 6. It was supposed to be Sept 25. But they found bacteria and postponed it. I am so bummed that I have to wait another month :([/quote']

Its only 2 weeks longer! You're almost there

bmi.png

Yay! Ur one day behind me! 3 weeks until er are hangin out on that losers bench:)

APPROVED!!!!!! I hemmed and hawed about calling Fed BCBS to see how my insurance certification was coming along. i didn't want to pester' date=' it was submitted last Thursday. I had to call, when i spoke to the rep, my heart dropped. Needs more info... More what? Need 3 month nut visits...but that was sent! Need another comorbidity for bmi under 40... No I dont, not according to the plan brochure, need 2 years of recorded BMi over 35... That was in the PCP letter!! Omg, "let me talk to a nurse". Tranfer...music...more music. Nurse Darla answers the phone. I explained it all. Darla could not figure out what the original reviewing RN was talking about, she agreed with me. "let me call you back"...ok wait, wait...1/2 hr later, darla calls and she approved me!!!!!! Doing a happy dance. i am so glad I called. Yipeee!!!

Good for you! It won't be long now.