Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Hi my name is Story' date=' I'm 45 yrs grown kids no grand kids , ill be going abroad for my sleeve surgury, is there anyone in the arksana area that's had the surgury in Mexico, if so I would like to talk to you.[/quote']

What Dr are you using for your surgery? I was sleeved in MX by Dr. Alvarez.

I understand how u feel. I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years and never dared to disclose my weight to him (or anyone for that matter). Yesterday was a bad day...sat in my bros lowered sports car and it kept scraping because of my weight. Had a patient call me fat..another patient whisper behind my back "look at how huge she is"!! And those other little reminders that we get daily about why we hate being fat. Nonetheless when i came home I just broke down in tears. Of course my bf couldn't understand why I was sobbing like someone died. He kept asking me why does this bother u so much (he's not big) and I just broke down and said "because I'm pushing 300lbs"!! He was shocked but immediately had that look on his face "you poor thing" and gave me a hug. I cried until I fell asleep..it's rough..it's tough..we need a thick skin to live the way we do

i work in a call center, so I don't have to deal with customers, but it took me a long time to get comfortable in my surroundings because I was afraid of what other people were whispering. At my highest I was over 400, but I had a nurse at the hospital actually tell me that I carry the weight in a way that I didn't look that heavy. Not sure how much of a reassurance that was, only because I know how I looked and it wasn't like I looked that much smaller. I hoovered right around 375 for years, but then docs had me do prednisone for some lung issues and that's what pushed me over. But - I have just a little over 2 weeks and I am not looking back! Ever again! :D

SkinnieMinnie2b......I can tell you that you won't be sorry that you have this surgery. I am 5'2 and I weighed in at 227 when I finally decided to be sleeved. Lots of people told me I was not big enough to have a weight loss surgery. Sorry, but I have been pretty miserable for 24 years of my life and I was so ready to get this weight off my body. You have to do what your heart tells you to do. I feel better every day. There are times when I have gotten sad that I can't eat something but it only lasts for a short time and I know that one day, if I chose to eat something, I can do that. The liquids/soft foods phase does not last forever. I will never understand why people have to say things about others where they can hear them. Just because you are overweight does not make you hard of hearing or immune to the hurt of others words. I am so sorry that you heard the comments that you overheard. You had a good cry and now you can use the hurt to get motivated for your surgery. I wish you all the best ;)

SkinnieMinnie2b......I can tell you that you won't be sorry that you have this surgery. I am 5'2 and I weighed in at 227 when I finally decided to be sleeved. Lots of people told me I was not big enough to have a weight loss surgery. Sorry' date=' but I have been pretty miserable for 24 years of my life and I was so ready to get this weight off my body. You have to do what your heart tells you to do. I feel better every day. There are times when I have gotten sad that I can't eat something but it only lasts for a short time and I know that one day, if I chose to eat something, I can do that. The liquids/soft foods phase does not last forever. I will never understand why people have to say things about others where they can hear them. Just because you are overweight does not make you hard of hearing or immune to the hurt of others words. I am so sorry that you heard the comments that you overheard. You had a good cry and now you can use the hurt to get motivated for your surgery. I wish you all the best ;)[/quote']

Thanks for ur words! Yes U are right, I will be usin their words as fuel:)

Skinnieminnie-I can't believe those people said that. I've also experienced the pain of words when it comes to my weight and it sucks so bad. My mom made a comment about my weight when I was about 17yrs old and it cut me to the core. People don't realize how hurtful words can be. I've been struggling with my weight for almost 10yrs. I'e cried on my husband shoulders many nights and I always hated being the fat wife in a group of friends. I'm really looking forward to this surgery also. I think my mom is a little jealous because she hasn't been texting me since I told her about me getting surgery and the one day that we did text she started unnecessary drama between me and my sister :/ I just know that I can't please everyone and I can no longer put my needs on the back burner :)

Oops hit the touch screen too soon. Fingers and toes crossed. I am a 54 yo mom of 9' date=' youngest is 5, and one grandson. I am an RN as well. Looking for my new life!

Blessings on you with all those children. Did you give birth to them all? A lot of women on here are nurses, which amazes me, that so many from that profession, which strikes me as so physically demanding, could become overweight. To me it just proves that it strikes like other diseases...indescriminitely. I am just starting on the WLS path. My sister-in-law had the RNY and had a good experience and lost tons of her weight and had her stomach skin removed (she had a large apron after much weight and three C-sections.). But I don't want the bypass. It is all scary to me, but that is super scary. I don't want to be put under anesthesia. I had a hysterectomy with a spinal and Valium, so I really have to gear myself up for being knocked out.

Oh' date=' and I am in Stamford CT, getting sleeved by Fairfield Bariatrics, Doctor Craig Floch at Norwalk Hospital.

That's funny, I just read your after thought about you being from Stamford, CT. I live in the Reno area of Nevada for a year now, but we are from West Haven, CT!

That's funny' date=' I just read your after thought about you being from Stamford, CT. I live in the Reno area of Nevada for a year now, but we are from West Haven, CT![/quote']

Work for the VA, right in West Haven, but I actually work from home. I came to CT from out west, Las Cruces NM...what a switch, lol

bmi.png

That's funny' date=' I just read your after thought about you being from Stamford, CT. I live in the Reno area of Nevada for a year now, but we are from West Haven, CT![/quote']

I live in West Haven!!!

What Dr are you using for your surgery? I was sleeved in MX by Dr. Alvarez.

Really?? Who's doing your surgery? Are you already sleeved. i have been dying to find a local buddy! I go into West Haven once a week to see patients' date=' maybe we could do lunch

bmi.png

Sorry that last post came out wrong, I ment to ask Luvbug about west haven CT

bmi.png

Sorry that last post came out wrong' date=' I ment to ask Luvbug about west haven CT

I sent you a message

Hi, it is with heavy heart that I must leave the October Sleevers. I have been moved up to September. Please allow me to retain honourary member status.

Hi' date=' it is with heavy heart that I must leave the October Sleevers. I have been moved up to September. Please allow me to retain honourary member status.[/quote']

Woopwoop! Congratulations!!!

bmi.png