Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Hahaha! I am a size 18-20. What's funny is I have never been anything smaller than a 16. So it was the next size down from where I have been. I wanted something to work towards. Plus I had Kohl's cash to spend from my new nightgowns I bought. I be damn if I buy one more thing in a size 20!

Today is the fourth day of going to the gym and my self imposed pre-preop diet of 2 shakes and a meaty dinner. I am tired and miserable. I had to eat 3 baby carrots to keep from throwing myself in my backyard pond at a feeble attempt at suicide by drowning or suicide by snapping turtle bites. I start my liquid pre op diet on the 20th. Ugh

Hi there' date='

My date is 4th October! Mixed feelings of excitement and fear. I'm in Scotland- Anyone else from UK?[/quote']

Hi im.from south wales.getting mine done on the 20th of sept.good luck

I also have tons of size 14s in my closet that I haven't worn in years lol. I'm currently a size 18. I'm looking forward to getting back into my skinny clothes and I'm praying even those will become big at some point. I would love to be a size 4/6.

My insurance paperwork was submitted today and I got a call from insurance that I have been approved today as well! It's really real...

My insurance paperwork was submitted today and I got a call from insurance that I have been approved today as well! It's really real...

Wowee!! Cingratulations

That's great! Congratulations.... good luck on your journey

That's awesome! Who is your insurance? How did you find out?

Is anyone else on to the pre-op diet yet? Mine started last Sunday and I thought I was going to DIE at first. However, it seems to be a great thing for me! I have lost almost 15 lbs since Sunday, I have so much more energy, and I just feel great! I woke up today, and I KNEW that this was the right decision for me. I am so ready for this!

We got this, October sleevers!!

Is anyone else on to the pre-op diet yet? Mine started last Sunday and I thought I was going to DIE at first. However' date=' it seems to be a great thing for me! I have lost almost 15 lbs since Sunday, I have so much more energy, and I just feel great! I woke up today, and I KNEW that this was the right decision for me. I am so ready for this!

We got this, October sleevers!![/quote']

Wow 15 lbs since Sunday? That's insane! How much do u weigh if u don't mind me asking? Keep going girlie!!

Would you accept an answer of way too much? At my highest, I was just over 400. I have to get over being ashamed of that. I think that is the hardest psychological issue with this process for me. :-/

Would you accept an answer of way too much? At my highest' date=' I was just over 400. I have to get over being ashamed of that. I think that is the hardest psychological issue with this process for me. :-/[/quote']

I understand how u feel. I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years and never dared to disclose my weight to him (or anyone for that matter). Yesterday was a bad day...sat in my bros lowered sports car and it kept scraping because of my weight. Had a patient call me fat..another patient whisper behind my back "look at how huge she is"!! And those other little reminders that we get daily about why we hate being fat. Nonetheless when i came home I just broke down in tears. Of course my bf couldn't understand why I was sobbing like someone died. He kept asking me why does this bother u so much (he's not big) and I just broke down and said "because I'm pushing 300lbs"!! He was shocked but immediately had that look on his face "you poor thing" and gave me a hug. I cried until I fell asleep..it's rough..it's tough..we need a thick skin to live the way we do

That's awesome! Who is your insurance? How did you find out?

They submitted all my paperwork to insurance which is health EOS and then Abbott said they would call as soon as they heard anything. Well, insurance actually called me to let me know and said they would be sending Abbott my approval but it might take up to a week for them to get it. My case manager said that she just wanted to let me know as soon as she knew. Now I just have to wait for Abbott to get the paperwork because they do not schedule a for sure surgery date until the approval is in hand.