Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How The Hell Do You Drink Isopure?

I just started playing around with different Protein Drinks and I found that Costco's Premier Nutrition chocolate Protein Shake is pretty good. Its 30g Protein and 160 calories. I am the worlds pikiest eater and I think it tastes like chocolate milk.

Yep Premier Protein drinks were pretty good. I liked vanilla, but now it's way too sweet. I also liked the muscle milk lights, but I have heard many a person say they are nasty. Unjury's strawberry sorbets and chicken Soup are good. nectar Syntrax is good too but most Protein powders I honestly prefer mixed with milk. The cytosport drinks I suggested are good clear Protein Drinks and already mixed so I didnt flub up.

Just don't buy too much of anything. Tastes change throughout this journey. Fyi, Vitamin shop has a great return policy and a refrigerated section. Worth buying from them. Just say'n.

Good luck!

Look I am sooooooooo sick of this Protein stuff...........so what happens if I dont drink it....when I do drink it , I throw it ip 5 mins later...so whats the point....I am 3 1/2 weeks post op....in 1 more week I an have all kinds of stuff....right.......

I am not going to drink any of this Protein Shake **** any more....it allllll sucks....I am done....4 weeks post op 9 sep and then I will get Protein in food....no shakes

I am not going to drink any of this Protein shake **** any more....it allllll sucks....I am done....4 weeks post op 9 sep and then I will get Protein in food....no shakes

With the small amount being eaten at the four week point it will probably be difficult getting the necessary amount in from food alone. Try some unflavored protein, placed in Soup or something similar.

Hi everyone! I can't drink any protien shakes, and the Isopure is really bad. I got sugar free apple juice ( the kind for babies) and dillute the isopure with the apple juice and drink it throughout the day. I take a 25g protien bullet with it and it has worked much better for me.

Hi everyone! I can't drink any protien shakes' date=' and the Isopure is really bad. I got sugar free apple juice ( the kind for babies) and dillute the isopure with the apple juice and drink it throughout the day. I take a 25g protien bullet with it and it has worked much better for me.[/quote']

I'm glad to see tha you are finding ways to get you're Protein in. I do however think I have some bad news for you. Please look at the ingredients on the Protein bullet, if it says collagen or Gelatin stop buying them as they are not providing any protein that your body can use.

Otr is as always quite right. Those Proteins are a total waste of time. Call your nut for other suggestions.

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION....what happens to you if you dont drink the Protein shakes...or what happens to you if you just have 1/2 the required amount of protein.............I mean will I die...or get 20 yrs older ...or.......look like hell.......WHAT HAPPENS......????????

I'm there right now dear so let me answer.

I am getting in around 9gs daily. This is not enough for your body to heal from the surgery, let alone keep it operating all of the other vital functions it needs for your daily survival. Protein is basically the healer and the builder in your body.

At a bare minimum you MUST get in 30g to just operate your body. During our early weeks we shoot for sixty gs which leaves some to spare to rebuild our broken bodies.

Unless you have serious complications as I do, 30 is not a goal to shoot for. You want to heal right?

Without the Protein your pain will linger on and you will experience weakness you've never known. I myself can't pick up a china tea cup with f oz of Fluid without shaking.

And yes long term without protein you could die. If I can't get to 30 by Tuesday I may be sent home with an ng feeding tube. You do not want this!

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION....what happens to you if you dont drink the Protein shakes...or what happens to you if you just have 1/2 the required amount of protein.............I mean will I die...or get 20 yrs older ...or.......look like hell.......WHAT HAPPENS......????????

Yor body needs ammino acids to run on. Ammino acids come from Protein. If you don't get enough protein to fuel your body it will start cannibalizing itself. It will take the ammino acids wherever it can get them, specifically it will start breaking down your own muscle to fuel your body.

Your metabolism is directly affected by the amount of muscle on your body. The less muscle you have the slower your metabolism is.

I'm a few days away from my surgery still but I've spent the last few weeks, and will be spending the next week, preparing for my Protein requirements post surgery. Your body MUST have protein to survive. Your body must have protein in order to repair and rejuveniate itself. Every single muscle, including your HEART muscle must have protein to maintain proper function. I'm making popcicles with unflavored protein and various mixers, Protein Shake smoothie popcicles, chicken and beef stock loaded with protein, and will be coming up with a few more ways to consume protein ! I'm counting on my surgeon to do his part and it's my responsibility to do MY part to make sure that my recovery goes as well as possible so that I won't feel like total crap for weeks (or worse !). I'll deal with the not so pleasant tasting stuff if it will serve the purpose of healing and strenghtening my body as fast possible whether I'm sick of it or not. As an adult somtimes you just gotta suck it up and get it done whether you like it or not ! I don't mean to be rude and I'm not trying to be mean, but just try cutting out protein and see how crappy you feel and how slowly you heal. If I sound rather "passionate" about this subject, it's because I'm watching my Aunt (the only family I have left) waste away because of a liver disease that causes her body to not be able to process protein. She's gone from vibrant and full of life to weak, wobbly, and absolutely exhausted all the time in 3 months. I intend no offense.

I'm a few days away from my surgery still but I've spent the last few weeks' date=' and will be spending the next week, preparing for my Protein requirements post surgery. Your body MUST have Protein to survive. Your body must have protein in order to repair and rejuveniate itself. Every single muscle, including your HEART muscle must have protein to maintain proper function. I'm making popcicles with unflavored protein and various mixers, protein shake smoothie popcicles, chicken and beef stock loaded with protein, and will be coming up with a few more ways to consume protein ! I'm counting on my surgeon to do his part and it's my responsibility to do MY part to make sure that my recovery goes as well as possible so that I won't feel like total crap for weeks (or worse !). I'll deal with the not so pleasant tasting stuff if it will serve the purpose of healing and strenghtening my body as fast possible whether I'm sick of it or not. As an adult somtimes you just gotta suck it up and get it done whether you like it or not ! I don't mean to be rude and I'm not trying to be mean, but just try cutting out protein and see how crappy you feel and how slowly you heal. If I sound rather "passionate" about this subject, it's because I'm watching my Aunt (the only family I have left) waste away because of a liver disease that causes her body to not be able to process protein. She's gone from vibrant and full of life to weak, wobbly, and absolutely exhausted all the time in 3 months. I intend no offense.[/quote']

Actually there are quite a few alternatives out there that don't make me gag and I have gotten in 60+ grams of protein since the day after surgery...90-100 now. I will never drink Isopure again, because as an adult, I'm choosing better tasting Protein drinks that are available.

syntrax nectar is so good many flavors to choose from its better than isopure

Carrie, my commentary was directed at Kiwi/Nancy, not at you, as my commentary did not reference any specific brand of Protein Drink. Kiwi/Nancy was asking about consuming NO Protein. I didn't think it necessary to specify who I was replying to, but obviously I was mistaken.