Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How The Hell Do You Drink Isopure?

I'm lactose intolerant too, I haven't had my surgery yet, but I am on a pre op diet and Isopure made my tongue feel like it had on a sweater...Muscle Milk gives me the horrible lactose intolerant symptoms, but I found it won't bother me if I take 2 chewable Lactaid tablets while I'm drinking it. I like the chocolate the best, the vanilla and the strawberry are nasty to me.

I bought a bottle of the grape at GNC during liquids and I still have some in the fridge a week later. Worst ever!! I do enjoy the powder (Dutch chocolate) in the bag, though!! The grape though...blech!!

I like the Isopure Alpine Punch. It actually doesn't taste bad to me. Muscle Milk Lite on the other hand tastes like muddy puke. I plan to try out the Premier Protein to just to make things a little different.

I like the Isopure Alpine Punch. It actually doesn't taste bad to me. Muscle Milk Lite on the other hand tastes like muddy puke. I plan to try out the Premier Protein to just to make things a little different.

LOL muddy puke!!! I like the chocolate muscle milk, the alpine punch was the one I tried and I declare I was drinking a glass of fruity dryer lint! LOL I hope I find another flavor I like before surgery, so far chocolate is safe for me.

Crazy how some people like it and some (like me) cant stand it. At least there's a bit of variety out there for all of us. Just tasted Syntrax banana cream and am in love! Mix it with chocolate Protein Powder and that's a winner too!

I know they make me sick but so do the Protein Shakes I use to like the premier shake but they give me so much gas now !!

Why do we need to get so much Protein

Why do we need to get so much Protein

Because, the body can use carbs or Protein as fuel. With very low carb consumption protein makes up the fuel that you are not getting from carbs. Plus protein is essential in the bodies restorative process. In all likelihood you were probably getting as much protein or more before your surgery. You just weren't paying as much attention to it because it was in he food you were enjoying.

I was one of the bright ones that purchased an Isopure bottle variety pack to try before surgery. Well now I sit here with a case of the stuff trying to figure out how in the world I'm going to drink it.

For those that mix it with Crystal Light ... Do you just poor a packet in the bottle and shake? Any flavor combination suggestions?

You have to mix the Crystal light w 32 oz of Water, add ice and Isopure and still hope that you can get past the nasty aftertaste.

To answer the question of how do you drink Isopure, You don't.

I bought several bottles and still have most of them in my pantry. BIG mistake!

Try it, you MIGHT like it ;)

I really am not usually negative but Isopure is so bad to me. I know some people like it though. I do not understand that!

Isopure powder is horrible.

I can manage one of the RTDs. It's the "grape frost" flavor. If it's really cold, and I add a packet of grape drink mix or a good squirt of grape Mio stuff, it tastes reasonably like grape koolaid. DD will even drink it. Leaves my mouth feeling slightly dry, but really - it's not that bad. And I don't say that lightly. I'm not a fan of Isopure at all. And all the other RTD flavors I've tried so far (I've tried most but not all) are exceptionally disgusting.

pGNC1-3502539t300x300.jpg

"It's k

Isopure? More like Isopuke!! I'm trying to find something with a lot of Protein (can't beat 40 grams) in a bottle where I also get 20 oz of Fluid at only 160 calories. If I didn't have such a tiny stomach, I'd just chug it down fast. But I have to sip, sip, sip, and gag, gag, gag. Those Protein Shots are worse. Guess it's back to the shakes. Let me know if you found something tasty out there!

We are talking about their clear drinks right? They also make shakes.

I like the passion fruit flavor and mix it 50/50 with Water. It makes my money last longer and dilutes it a ton. I hated their alpine punch and apple melon flavors.

Isopure? More like Isopuke!! I'm trying to find something with a lot of Protein (can't beat 40 grams) in a bottle where I also get 20 oz of Fluid at only 160 calories. If I didn't have such a tiny stomach, I'd just chug it down fast. But I have to sip, sip, sip, and gag, gag, gag. Those Protein Shots are worse. Guess it's back to the shakes. Let me know if you found something tasty out there!

I use chocolate Unjury in milk and I swear it tastes as close to chocolate milk as you can get!!!