Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I confess that i appreciate 175 more now then any time in my life.

I confess that i cant wait to walk across drexel university campus in september and feel like the hot chick instead of the fat mom

I confess that i am horny all the time and need a man

I confess that i should be excersising more

I confess that i love the puzzled look on my ex husbands face, (he doesnt know i had the sleeve, and i lost 30lbs in 6weeks)

I confess that people who berate others on this thread for smoking or eating a nono should smell their own sh*t before they judge others

I confess that i feel so much better and happier about life.

-I confess that I never thought the holiday hell would end. Only now that it has do I feel that it's safe to go bat sh*t crazy.

-I confess that I'm starting to notice the loss BUT it's only making certain imperfections (huge @$$, thighs, & arms!) that much more obvious

-I confess that this has destroyed my marriage. But no one knows except us. And we're happy.

-I confess that the people at NordicTrack have no idea how close they have come to turning me into a one woman verbal Uzi with their incompetence. I am NOT a violent person!

-I confess that I'm ready for this to be my year- I want it ALL!

One month after surgery,

I confess:

I miss chinese food(my favorite)

When my daughter cooks for her kids (all kinds of fried wings and fatty foods) I want to throw them out

I chopped up a 1oz piece of meatloaf(turkey) and ate it

I like it when my friends tell me they can see the change cause I can feel the difference

I miss my cup of coffee from mickeyd's every morning on the way to work.

One month after surgery' date='

I confess:

I miss chinese food(my favorite)

When my daughter cooks for her kids (all kinds of fried wings and fatty foods) I want to throw them out

I chopped up a 1oz piece of meatloaf(turkey) and ate it

I like it when my friends tell me they can see the change cause I can feel the difference

I miss my cup of coffee from mickeyd's every morning on the way to work.[/quote']

It sounds like you are on solids now after 1 month. Chinese, Indian and Thai are my favorite places to eat out post op because of all the savory and healthy available Entrees. Yes, you can ! In fact, I went out to Chinese last night with my wife and brought home left overs for two more meals. Yum. I am really looking forward to eating them.

I know that we all used to like the fried and higher calorie dishes like orange chicken and phad Thai. These can now be replaced with healthier dishes like broccoli beef and swimming duck (or chicken over steamed spinach), respectively. There are so many healthy food choices to select at these types of resteraunts; you just need to look for dishes that are high in Protein, low in carbs ( no noodles) and have a description that indicates savory taste. It helps if they also have a good serving of vegetables that bring out the savory flavors. My mouth waters just thinking about them.

You may think I am really into cooking from my desire to discern delicate flavors from dishes. I am not. Really. In fact, I did not really care for eating particular dishes pre surgery. I had my favorites, but I could count them on one hand and they were usually pretty high calorie and not healthy. Now I can pick out the individual spices in food like cardamom, ginger, garlic, dill, etc. My taste for different foods and spices has really been enhanced post sleeve. I think it is not only a result of the surgery, but also a result of eating high Proteins (chicken, seafood and beef) with some veggies for the last 6 months as my primary food intake when not eating out. Usually i eat fairly plain foods and his causes my taste buds to be very sensitive to flavors. love it! It wasn't until about 4 months when my ability to eat really opened up. Before then, the amount of food I could eat had to ramp up as my stomach healed from 1-2 oz, to 2-3 oz and now 4-5 oz. I definitely feel when satisfied and know when to put my fork down no matter what is on my small plate. It is probably one of the most valuable long term unconscious skills you will want to develop when learning how to eat post op.

As for coffee, I started drinking regularly after about 6 weeks. None before then as not to interfere with healing. My NUT allowed us to have coffee continuously through the sleeve journey, as long as we didn't have any the day before surgery when we were to be on Clear liquids only. You might check with your NUT to see what is allowed and/or encouraged. I like having about 1 coffee a day. It picks me up and sometimes helps with Constipation (usually not because I use gelled chia seeds and Miralax for that). I mostly make coffee at home with my verismo, but also like to pick a latte up from Starbucks or a private coffee stand about once a week, usually on the weekend.

Good luck!

I have been enjoying Decaf coffee for about a month now. I sleep better now too, before I was artificially hyper from the caffeine. Now I sleep through the night and I find I don't need the caffeine to wake up in the morning. I still have an episodes of being tired after lunch, so I go for a brisk walk now instead of reaching for caffeine. It seems to be working. Good luck with whatever system works for your circumstances, that's the beauty of our tool!

I confess that"

1- I don't exercise enough.

2- I sometimes eat chocolate, when I get a sugar rush :)

3- I drink lots of coffee, cause it's the only thing I can enjoy drinking without getting stomach cramps..,, can't have soda anymore :(

4- I tried to eat at Mcdonalds a couple of times but couldn't get two bites in...thank god.

5- I'm afraid of changing my wardrobe.

6- I'm more comfortable in my saggy jeans & sweats than wearing something stylish..

7- I freak out and get anxiety attacks when I find myself eating a bigger meal than usual and not throwing up!!!

8- That I have nightmares about stretching my sleeve.

9- I get tense when people tell me I lost weight in fear of jinxing myself.

That's it is it not? To find the systems that works for you as an individual. I am a work in progress(a little scarey). Thanks for all the feedback, it truly helps

1.I confess that i "give in" more than i try to control myself

2.I confess that i'm trying to love exercise, as i used to hate it, and am getting a little more fond of it everyday

3. i confess that i my weight loss journey has only been 5 years long but it feel like it's been 100!

4.i confess that i am really scared, and i dont know what i'll do if i can't get surgery

5.i confess that i just want to be a normal person, and im tired of being treated differently and having a completely different life experience than my peers had

1.I confess that i "give in" more than i try to control myself

2.I confess that i'm trying to love exercise' date=' as i used to hate it, and am getting a little more fond of it everyday

3. i confess that i my weight loss journey has only been 5 years long but it feel like it's been 100!

4.i confess that i am really scared, and i dont know what i'll do if i can't get surgery

5.i confess that i just want to be a normal person, and im tired of being treated differently and having a completely different life experience than my peers had[/quote']

5 years and still no surgery? Or are you including other weight loss attempts in that time?

I've confessed before but I'm back....

1. I am so happy the holidays are over...too much temptation.

2. I'm finding it hard to Celebrate even though I'm happy and down over 50 pounds since 10/26/12, because I've been HERE so many times and need to get to a major milestone.

3. Sad because I haven't had to buy a new article of clothing yet, I'm just in my SMALLER section...we all have one.

4. I still don't love excercise but its not as awful.

5. I really really am enjoying sex again!

I confess I haven't worked out at all since surgery on 11/13 but still lost 38lbs but could have dropped more if I would have worked out

I confess that I ate one piece of chocolate a day during the holidays and I had two Oreo Cookies today but still proud I stopped at 2 :)

I confess that I want to pig out at times but glad I can't

I confess I have had one or two mixed drinks a week

I confess I went to the movies the other night and ate nachos and had to stop myself because I probably could have finished the whole thing and it scared me

I love this thread. I confess:

• that I'm terrified of the surgery to come. (Alergic to heparin and even the surgeon seems worried)

• that I keep having my LAST glass of wine (two weeks liquid coming any day)

• that I cannot wait for the next month to be over and behind me

• that I am jealous of all of you. You are all on the back side of the scariness.

I confess.....

I lick cheese Doritos and spit it out (lol)

I take my Vitamins when I remember

I don't take no Protein

I chew food and spit it out

I truly confess I would love to have a five guys burger and a grilled cheese sandwich yum lol

I love to watch my husband eat....

I confess I hope I look good skinny....

I confess I shop in a normal store like Victoria secret for some sexy panties...

I confess I eat chez it crackers every night before I go to bed...

I confess i smoke

I chew and spit naughty foods out.

I dont take my viatiams regularly.

I eat spaghettos like 3x a week.

Lol, I thought I was the only that did this ...wheewwwwww....

But I can't eat spaghettos