Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

-I confess I haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks and I don't even have a scale. I'm scared of weighing myself because I fear I'm not progressing as fast as I should

-I confess I crave the W burger from Wendy's (which they have conveniently discontinued for me)

-I confess I can't control myself if salt and vinegar chips are available (luckily I live alone and just don't buy them, but weekends at my dad's are tough)

-I confess I find it difficult to get Protein and fluids in

-I confess when I ate two pieces of sushi, I wished I could have done my usual all-you-can-eat sushi binge

-I confess surgery has confirmed I do have psychological issues with food

I forgot! I also confess that I'm sad that I no longer crave or enjoy pizza. I do miss eating an entire medium pizza with 3 dipping sauces in one sitting.

That being said I'm MORE glad that I'm losing inches and wouldn't trade my sleeve for anything!

Yeah, I'm not good at it and have tried all the different websites and bought journals that are supposed to make it easy but blah. I've been trying because everyone says to track it, up Proteins, up Water, lower carbs, etc to break a stall. But dang, I lost weight before surgery doing all that without having these stupid stalls. Frustrating!

I confess that posts about stalls and how to "break" them anyhow make me sorta LOL. A stall is a stall and bodies need them, need a pause and a break...no sense trying to bash one's head against the wall about them. Cos the truth is, if you just keep doing what you're doing, the stall eventually goes away of its own accord, and I'm not convinced any of the tips for 'breaking' them are doing any good, or are anything other than coincidences from when they'd have stopped anyhow.

Cool idea, so here's my list:

- I confess I crave carbs a lot (especially Red Lobster biscuits)

- I confess I am terrified of gaining back lost weight

- I confess that I love putting on my largest pants and grinning at the mirror

- I confess that I pick up Baskin Robbins whenever I go grocery shopping only to put it back before leaving.

- I confess I hate passing Cinnabon at the mall as the place smells SOO GOOD.

- I confess I sometimes have biterite chocolate and justify it as being low cal.

So don't...

I don't. It would drive me insane' date=' and I have no intention of (hopefully) living another 50 years and having to count everything that goes in my mouth. :)[/quote']

Agree, I stopped counting grams and calories after 2 months. I really hated doing it in WW as well because, well, I just am not into it personally. That did not mean I was not successful in WW or post sleeve. Quite the opposite. The key is to find something that works for you as an individual and something that you can stick with long term. Instead of counting calories or grams, I use intuition to drink the right amount of Water, eat the right amount of food and exercise the right amount based on habits formed during the first month post op. it is important to personalize a set of strategies to help you succeed long term. You can tweak them here and there based upon feedback you get. Hope this helps.

Cool idea' date=' so here's my list:

- I confess I crave carbs a lot (especially Red Lobster biscuits)

- I confess I am terrified of gaining back lost weight

- I confess that I love putting on my largest pants and grinning at the mirror

- I confess that I pick up Baskin Robbins whenever I go grocery shopping only to put it back before leaving.

- I confess I hate passing Cinnabon at the mall as the place smells SOO GOOD.

- I confess I sometimes have biterite chocolate and justify it as being low cal.[/quote']

Oh, my wife and I used to love those red lobster biscuits. We would always ask for a second basket!

Fiddleman,

I am 8 weeks out and I am only counting Protein grams and trying to get Water in. I am just vigilant about nutrition labels, sugar content etc. I associate this experience with learning to drive or ride a bike. You get the hang of it and have your own system.

Now, posting more confessions because sometimes I love it.

1) I confess that my constant thinking about food and addiction is over. Making strides. I am a diagnosed binge eater (the actual disorder) and for this, I am greatful to be out of disordered thinking (Thanks to my awesome therapist).

2) I confess that I need to pay off the rest of divorce debt, and move out of parents house, after I get a full time addictions counseling gig. I am terrified and excited

3) I confess that I crave no no foods and have found bariatric healthy alternatives that I enjoy to all of them.

4) I confess that I feel like I was blessed and given the gift of the sleeve

5) Aunt flow is visiting, so I am going to go make some sugar free fat free chocolate pudding for us. ;-)

I confess that for the most part I get in all my Protein daily and all of my Water but at 7 mos out I eat like a regular person. I go out to restaurants and have the cheese burger and fries. I can only eat a couple fries and maybe a fourth of the burger but I feel normal anyway. I worry that that this might be wrong but I like feeling normal.

I confess that I believe some people may read this and condemn me.

I confess I work out four days a week and feel guilty for dragging my children to gym daycare two days a week in the evening.

I confess I feel fabulous and I look it in a size 9/10.

I confess I still freak out a little about stalls although at this point I know it happens.

I confess that I don't get grossed out when I see people shoveling food in just a little envious, but glad I made my choice.

I confess I still eat pizza, just one slice. I make low fat pizza with flat out bread but thin crust papa johns is the best.

I confess that at 169 I know maintenance is near and it terrifies me which is why I looking forward to the next stall.

I confess I lOVE the second looks and compliments ;)

Fiddleman, you will always have a remnant of your binge eating come up for the rest of your life span. Please keep talking to your therapist about this so you can build more coping skills to deal with this diseease...... :P

I confess I work out four days a week and feel guilty for dragging my children to gym daycare two days a week in the evening.

I confess I feel fabulous and I look it in a size 9/10.

Please don't feel guilty about bringing your kids to the gym, that is a wonderful way for them to see how to maintain a healthy weight when they are adults. Especially if you tell them how happy you are to being going there. Let them experience fitness as something fun and daily and hopefully they won't have any fitness/weight problems when they are older. GOOD WORK MOM!

Fiddleman' date=' you will always have a remnant of your binge eating come up for the rest of your life span. Please keep talking to your therapist about this so you can build more coping skills to deal with this diseease...... :P[/quote']

I hope not as I feel this VSG process has helped me form long term habits to replace all those binge eating and destructive habits from before. Do you feel that I should give in a little and have a bite here and there of foods that lead to my past destructive eating habits? Maybe it would be a good goal to shoot for in the next 6 months. Not sure bough given what I know about myself.

For now I wish to maximize my health as much as possible with regards to supplements, Water, food and exercise so do not want to fall into the relapse that one or two bites may cause. It has happened to me with every diet attempt in past from WW to Atkins to anything else. I would be very successful until I give into eating a little here and a little here until i am back to destructive eating. I am sure many others have struggled with this same disappointment.

This time it is different because i really have come to peace with portion sizes, drinking Water, exercising in moderation and I want the weight to stay off for the rest of my life.

Fiddleman, there are very few people as honest and candid my dear. I always enjoy your posts and wealth of knowledge. Please keep geacing us with your experiences :)

Gracing**

I hope not as I feel this VSG process has helped me form long term habits to replace all those binge eating and destructive habits from before. Do you feel that I should give in a little and have a bite here and there of foods that lead to my past destructive eating habits? Maybe it would be a good goal to shoot for in the next 6 months. Not sure bough given what I know about myself.

For now I wish to maximize my health as much as possible with regards to supplements, Water, food and exercise so do not want to fall into the relapse that one or two bites may cause. It has happened to me with every diet attempt in past from WW to Atkins to anything else. I would be very successful until I give into eating a little here and a little here until i am back to destructive eating. I am sure many others have struggled with this same disappointment.

This time it is different because i really have come to peace with portion sizes, drinking Water, exercising in moderation and I want the weight to stay off for the rest of my life.

From a professional prespective, referring to food as an addiction, I would wait before adding those bites of foods that were trigger points to your bingeing as well as the emotions that you were experiencing at he same time. I know personally and professionally that when ever I take a bite of my favorite food, which is homemade tacos, that I will over eat to a point of discomfort. So I stay away from tacos. I know that I'm addicted to high fats, sugar, and salt and when I haven't had any of those foods high in fat, sugar, and salt, I no longer have cravings for that. As a therapist, I recommend to my clients that they read David Kessler's book on "No more overeating." That book gives a clear picture of what the food industry gets people hooked on food.

So I highly recommend that you stick to following dietary rules and form new eating habits and work with your therapist in identifying triggers to your binge eating and learn new coping skills to express the emotional part to binge eating. And this is going to be pretty much everyone's job from here on out. We will be successful.

Keep ROCKIN that sleeve. Thank you for sharing with us Fiddleman! :)