Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I confess that since getting this surgery on 8/17, I wonder if I'll ever enjoy food again.

I confess that I put a crouton in my Tomato Soup (still on liquids), let it get soggy, chewed it up and then spit it out.

I confess that I have been craving well-cooked linguini...I really miss the texture of al dente pasta!

I confess that I fear that I won't be successful with this surgery.

I confess that I have spent years building up my self-esteem so that I can be a truly wonderful person, and I can't wait to be healthy and thin so I can be the whole package! :)

Looks like I need to join this..:]

I Confess:

• Im 18,and a college freshmen. Im afaid of being made fun of for not drinking. Im only 5weeks out and wont risk it beucase i know ill indulge in due time..just not now.
  • Ive been suffering from horrible depression mouring food. I feel so silly and dumb but I just miss eating.
  • I've discovered I have missed drinks more than food..there is cans of yummy fruit punch in my fridge i want so bad!! Or a root beer. grr
  • I crave food all the time, but lately i've wanted ice cream. soo bad ive been a bit obessessive about it.
  • The stress of a huge liftstyle change, college,and my best friend leaving to go to a different college has been driveing me up crazy. I just pray i can handle it all.
  • I've been hit with a bug of some sort, and to sooth my stomache i drank some defizzled diet 7-up and though it wasn't really the same it was nice..It felt like old me. I just want to be able to drink a real soda one day.
  • I've always been the "ugly" duckling..and had WLS to feel good in my own skin,and to be around a loooong time but I've never felt more like an outcast. I hate going out and not being able to eat like everyone, or taking my own meal. I hate feeling this way.
  • I miss being able to just be carefee about what i eat,now i think about everything. Its not a bad thing, i know its bettering me just takes some getting use too.
  • Im balling writting this, because I feel you guys are family. You guys really understand the stuggle. Thank you<3

This thread has now turn emotional for me. I admire everyone so much for your honesty. I have made confession but now I have to add another one.

I confess that I am probably at a stall for the past two weeks because I didnt want meet & was eating soft things that was not at my sleeve best interest. Well tomorrow is a new day & I plan on getting back on the saddle again & this time hold on tight.

This thread has now turn emotional for me. I admire everyone so much for your honesty. I have made confession but now I have to add another one.

I confess that I am probably at a stall for the past two weeks because I didnt want meet & was eating soft things that was not at my sleeve best interest. Well tomorrow is a new day & I plan on getting back on the saddle again & this time hold on tight.

It's a ride for sure and sometimes that's all you can do, hold on tight. You can do it!!!

1 - I have more caffeine than I should, probably at least every other day. I really have trouble getting going in the a.m.

2 - The sight of a soft drink still turns me on. But, I've stopped trying to indulge myself because just one sip of that carbonated stuff causes my stomach to feel awful and make me want to see how far I can throw that can! I've not tried a sip of one in over 2 months and don't think I will again.

3 - I have wine or a little clear liquor about once a month.

4 - I still probably push it too much when eating and dont chew thoroughly or slow down enough, and I later pay the price for doing so.

5 - Well, I can't come up with a 5th one, so I'll call that progress for myself. : )

I confess that I Have no ideal how to eat right still I'm on soft food so I eat and puke

I confess that food is always on my mind and whatever I eat is not keeping me full

I confess that maybe I should be walking more then I could but the pain is was keeping me from doing anything

I confess that I'm doing this all alone and no support from anyone

You should google things to eat and how to eat if you still don't know much . Alot of things we going through right now is all mentally...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I confess that this new attention I'm receiving from Men is making me question my marriage....

If it's just because of this extra attention, that may be something you need to seek some counseling about. Did your husband give you attention regardless of your weight (before and currently)? If so, he deserves some credit for doing so while these other guys never took a second look at you.....if that's what happened.... I don't know. Maybe there's some underlying problems or something other than the new attention you are getting. Just hate to see someone throw away a marriage (assuming it's satisfying for both) just because one is getting some added attention. Hopefully you've at least talked to him about this. I hope you take this attention with a grain of salt and able to get to the point where you are not questioning your marriage just because of the extra attention from other guys. Regardless, I wish you and your husband the best of luck and I hope things work out for you both. Here's to hoping you hang in there..... :)

I eat when I'm not even hungry

I'm pre op and I'm scared

I hate being fat and I always have been

I can't wait to flaunt my new self

I always think about food and wonder what I will think of this time next year!

I confess I still see the same fat girl in the mirror.

I confess I will do cardio occasionally but have only done weights once.

I confess I don't know what to do about my bad feelings towards hubby. He needs this surgery but won't get it and isn't motivated to work out, eat less or lose weight and I dont want to be a nag and I am sickened that I used to be that way!

I confess I waste a lot of food. I am rarely hungry but if I really crave something I will buy it take a bite and toss the rest.

I confess I didn't know it was possible to dump with the sleeve and just learned how to work around this and still get in 25 grams of Fiber and 60+ grams of Protein a day.

1. I confess that I'm not motivated to cook for my family anymore n I feel really bad about it.

2. I'm concerned that I will hate the sleeve once I reached my goal weight ... I'm really gonna miss food then...

3. I feel that I'm isolating from my family n friends because I have no interest in happy hour or lunch dates.... Things we use to do almost daily

4. I hate that all celebrations surround food!! What am I gonna do for my birthday !?!?

5. I'm starting to look and feel good- I maybe tipping on Vainness( if that's a word).

You didn't ask for advice, but since I'm a suck a pain ... The cooking confession got to me because I feel guilty about it.

1. I don't cook as much anymore either. Most nights everyone just fixes what they want. There are always leftovers. I cook a large amount of meat and a couple casseroles and that seems to work to feed us. Mind you, I don't have young children.

2. I eat pretty well. The quality of my food has improved so much. I had 2 or 3 baby back ribs a couple bites of sweet potato and a bite of a fried green Tomato. Not to shabby. I don't miss food in great quantity. I don't want it.

3. I still go to happy hour or out to eat. I just eat what I am able to and make smart choices. Now it's mostly about the company and conversation.

4. Have an appetizer party where everyone brings their favorite tidbits. Mix a birthday with your favorite activity such as dancing, swimming, camping, kayaking or shopping LOL!

5. Confidence is awesome. Vanity not so much ;-)

1. I don't enjoy cooking for my family anymore, which makes me think that I must be more of a selfish person than I thought I was. Oh, I still do it, and they all enjoy it, but it kind of ticks me off when I can only eat a smidgen of the meal myself. I really am basically bad :-(

2. I am becoming more intolerant of my husband's refusal to even try to lose weight. His response to my gentle goads is "well sure, YOU're losing weight because you had surgery" (he pursued WLS as far as the psych eval, which he failed because the psychologist thought he would not comply with the rules). He will be 70 this November, is 5'10" and 350 lbs, and is in constant pain due to bad knees.

3. I shake my fist at God atleast once a week because this was my year to do something for ME and I got struck down with uterine cancer (note: chemo sucks). I know, I know.... but He understands, listens, and still loves me.

4. I don't exercise at all and I really really really have to start doing something.

5. the sleeve is the smartest thing I have done in a long time :-)

You didn't ask for advice' date=' but since I'm a suck a pain ... The cooking confession got to me because I feel guilty about it.

1. I don't cook as much anymore either. Most nights everyone just fixes what they want. There are always leftovers. I cook a large amount of meat and a couple casseroles and that seems to work to feed us. Mind you, I don't have young children.

2. I eat pretty well. The quality of my food has improved so much. I had 2 or 3 baby back ribs a couple bites of sweet potato and a bite of a fried green Tomato. Not to shabby. I don't miss food in great quantity. I don't want it.

3. I still go to happy hour or out to eat. I just eat what I am able to and make smart choices. Now it's mostly about the company and conversation.

4. Have an appetizer party where everyone brings their favorite tidbits. Mix a birthday with your favorite activity such as dancing, swimming, camping, kayaking or shopping LOL!

5. Confidence is awesome. Vanity not so much ;-)[/quote']

Thanks Catracks... And I'm not vain, but I am enjoying my new look! Good idea about the party!

Thanks Catracks... And I'm not vain, but I am enjoying my new look! Good idea about the party!

I'm sure you're not. That's why I was kidding you about it. We do have reason to be proud of ourselves to be sure.

I confess that I have a secret little crush on my surgeon!

I confess that I have a crush on my surgeon as well...and definitely gossiped with the nurses on the hospital post-op about how cute he is! :)

I confess that I am 1 week out and am not hungry but I will chew up food and spit it out then rinse my mouth. Can't wait to eat some eggs next week! At least it's some kind of food