Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uggh ! The Nerve Of Some Ppl !

Smh -- so I have a co-worker who's been known about my up coming surgery shes been very encouraging up to just now she told me how she really feels about the surgery speaking to someone else - she said, and I quote " I think those procedures or whatever they are, are for lazy ppl who don't want to get off they're butt and excercise the right way, because if u really wanted to lose weight you would do it RIGHT!!" ewwwww ! I almost felt like telling her and who are you to say what's right and what not? Little do ppl know what we have gone thru or will go thru !! The NERVE !!

Give her shade baby becuz when you meet your goal she will have to pick her mouth up off the floor!! Pay her no mind..it's easy to say things about someone if they don't know our struggle. I could have did it the so called "right way" but I'm love to eat and my sleeve is the "little kick in the butt i need"

Ask her, "what is the right way?" Then when she talks about diet and exercise, you can explain how you still need to do all of things.

She will probably never understand.

I'm sorry that your co-worker said that to you. It's not a "lazy" persons easy way out. I've been skinny and I've been overweight. I've never been this overweight. You will do great with your sleeve!! It's a tool, just like a gym... Some people need more tools

There will always be someone on this Earth who will have nothing better to do than to give others grief and misery. Don't become her victim, leave that space to someone else. Keep focused on the positives in your life and that will be having your surgery AS WELL AS working out and eating right -- and losing all your excess weight.

Forget her and the rock she crawled out from under.

I hope the look of shock and horror on your face shut her up! And I assume she has a body like Pamela Anderson circa-Baywatch. No? Then she shouldn't be all mouthy about it.

When I can, my response to that kind of rudeness is usually, "I don't remember asking your opinion," and then walking away.

I never expect someone that has been thin all their life to understand. It is a shame that she was "faking" her supportiveness to then turn around and TRY to call you out in front of someone else. I always say, when people show you who they are the first time believe them.

Smh -- so I have a co-worker who's been known about my up coming surgery shes been very encouraging up to just now she told me how she really feels about the surgery speaking to someone else - she said, and I quote " I think those procedures or whatever they are, are for lazy ppl who don't want to get off they're butt and excercise the right way, because if u really wanted to lose weight you would do it RIGHT!!" ewwwww ! I almost felt like telling her and who are you to say what's right and what not? Little do ppl know what we have gone thru or will go thru !! The NERVE !!

If she had to follow one of us around for a week and eat as little as we do and exercise as MUCH as we do....she'd drop DEAD!!!

I've always said...the first person that tells me this is the "easy way out" is getting punched dead in the face!!

Ignorance never stops people from spewing garbage.

Don't waste your time. You can explain til you're blue in the face and she would still never get it. Just take care of you. Do what you need to do and let her see the results. She isn't worth the energy to get all riled up over.

I only told a few family members and I was pretty sure some were going freak out but surprisingly no :) hey at least you have the people on here for support :D

I can't believe that oh but on the other hand I can. That was so rude, don't listen to ppl who have so much negative to say. Continue to do what's best for you if it was that easy why would we take such life threating chances to get back healthy. Stay encouraged my dear !

Jessfharris, your friend is plain ignorant. The amount of grehlin hormone secreted by the anterior wall of the stomach, has an extremely powerful effect on the brain. Doing a VSG reduces the amount of hormones by 90% !!! It is amazing how ignorant people can talk as if they know everything !

I can't believe that oh but on the other hand I can. That was so rude, don't listen to ppl who have so much negative to say. Continue to do what's best for you if it was that easy why would we take such life threating chances to get back healthy. Stay encouraged my dear !

I totally agree with this, and want to add she'll most likely be the first person hating you when your slim and sexy! Put her on the "pay her no mind list".

I have been reluctant to tell anyone outside of my immediate family for this very reason. I don't care to be judged by people who can never understand what it is like. It is a shame that I feel like I can't share something that I am so excited about. Oh well, that's what this forum is here for. :)