Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Savedbyamazinggrace Glad you changed your mind about the band I had it and wished I had opted out in the begining but there is a reason for everything my excuse was not following my right mind in the begining....I wish you well on your journey!

Hello everyone, my name is Jenny, I'm 42 years old, married with 3 girls (ages 15, 13 & 9). I just found out yesterday that I was approved for the VSG. The surgeon's office called today and set my surgery for November 7th! I am excited and nervous!!! I go on 10/15 for a 2 hour pre-surgery class where I meet with a nutritionist and nurse. I guess they will tell me how I need to take care of myself before and after the surgery.

I've been in the waiting mode for so long, it's hard for me to actually believe this is gonna happen! Maybe after my appointment on the 15th it will seem more real?

Scheduled nov.12 , was going for my sleep test on sunday now my insurance denied it... I hope this isnt what the future holds with them

Hey there... I'm holding up pretty good' date=' been trying the Protein shakes myself... I like the unjury chocolate splendor, premier shakes and adkins. Bought the Unjury chicken but haven't tried it yet..... got Vitamins, chap stick, sports bras, gas x, roll on muscle rub for shoulder pain, and a new extension cord for my cell phone charger. I cannot wait for November to get here...[/quote']

I have gotten all this stuff too. I haven't had this much anticipation excitement since I had my daughter. Feel like I want to pack already. I keep bringing my suitcase out and my fiancé keeps putting it back telling me its not time to pack yet. Hurry up November!

Scheduled nov.12 , was going for my sleep test on sunday now my insurance denied it... I hope this isnt what the future holds with them

wow denied a sleep test...weird....

Any one else scheduled for November counting the days? I literally have a countdown app on my iPad. Lol. I have slightly more than 46 days until I have to be at the hospital. Not that I'm a tad excited or anything. Lol.

Any one else scheduled for November counting the days? I literally have a countdown app on my iPad. Lol. I have slightly more than 46 days until I have to be at the hospital. Not that I'm a tad excited or anything. Lol.

What is the app called I wasn't it for my iPad!!

I have a count down app on my phone too.... it's called " days until" , it's so cool ! Counts down weeks, days,minutes and seconds.... 7 weeks and six days left and counting... so excited!

I am Nichole, I am married with no children but many nieces and nephews and others who call me Auntie. I am scheduled to be sleeved November 5th (one month from today). Super excited and scared but I know it'll all be worth it in the end. Been thinking about WLS for 10 years now, first in the early 2000 Gastric Bypass, was all set to go but employer changed insurance companies. Then 2005, 2008, 2011 "almost" (funding was approved but then frozen) so now the $$ is in the bank, got my surgery date and am waiting patiently for 11/5.

That's great news... congratulations! Good luck on your journey

Hi everyone ! My date is November 9th...I am ready ! I will be 53 on surgery day as its also my birthday! Married with 6 children ,most of whom are grown . I have one child left at home still in high school. I have about 70 pounds to lose. I LOVE November !

My surgery date is also scheduled for November 9th. I'm sweating bullets with anticipation :/

With almost 30 days to go before surgery...what are you guys/gals doing in preparation for surgery.

Me: Trying not to let my nerves get the best of me, which then drives me to eat bad, praying, reading all the encouraging words and brave stories of other sleevers, clearing out my closet of "no more fat girl clothes", drafting a list of things I can't wait to do post op. Oh and...researching best Vitamins, etc to purchase prior to surgery.