Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Hi everyone!!! I'm Amy I'm 28 from south jersey. I have a tentative surgery date of 11/12. Fingers crossed everything goes as planned. I was scheduled for lap band surgery last November but had a change in insurance right before which caused a denial. ( everything happens for a reason right???) I just got new insurance in July and have been doing all my requirements since than! I'm am excited to have surgery and start living the life I have always wanted. I can't wait to go on this journey with everyone!!!

Hi everyone!!! I'm Amy I'm 28 from south jersey. I have a tentative surgery date of 11/12. Fingers crossed everything goes as planned. I was scheduled for lap band surgery last November but had a change in insurance right before which caused a denial. ( everything happens for a reason right???) I just got new insurance in July and have been doing all my requirements since than! I'm am excited to have surgery and start living the life I have always wanted. I can't wait to go on this journey with everyone!!!

Hi Amy! Welcome to VST. The people are so great here. The veteran Sleevers are very generous with their time and knowledge and are always willing to answer questions, give support, and when needed, give a little nudge to help get you back on track if you veer off. I've been on the board for a little over a month and I've learned so much. I'm hoping for a late November surgery date ( my 90 day Aetna requirement ends on Nov. 13)

It will be so nice for us Novembers to be able to support one another since will all be going through it together!

~Dana

My surgery is Nov 5th 2012. I'm 37 as well. With 2 boys ages 19 and 4.5 and 1 Girl 17 months. I got on the floor to play with my daughter the other day and could not get back up for 10 minutes (back spasms). I am so very much looking forward to carrying around less weight, hoping it will help my back.

I work as an ultrasound tech, which I love, but photography ha alway been my passion. I also love biking. We have so many great bike trails here in the Seattle area, I am hoping to have the energy to get back to it.

I lost 70 lbs on the HCG diet and kept it off for a year until the doc put me on BCP, then I gained 30 back in 3 months and surprise! I got pregnant! First pregnancy where I was actually Hungry all the time. I gained like crazy. Now I am back up to 247, and I am so ready not to be.

My Insurance has a complete exclusion for weightloss surgery, so I am going to Mexico to have it done by Dr Garcia. I do think it's funny I work at 2 hospitals that are "bariatric centers of excellence". Both of them offer Insurance that does not cover WLS for any reason.

My surgery is Nov 5th 2012. I'm 37 as well. With 2 boys ages 19 and 4.5 and 1 Girl 17 months. I got on the floor to play with my daughter the other day and could not get back up for 10 minutes (back spasms). I am so very much looking forward to carrying around less weight, hoping it will help my back.

I work as an ultrasound tech, which I love, but photography ha alway been my passion. I also love biking. We have so many great bike trails here in the Seattle area, I am hoping to have the energy to get back to it.

I lost 70 lbs on the HCG diet and kept it off for a year until the doc put me on BCP, then I gained 30 back in 3 months and surprise! I got pregnant! First pregnancy where I was actually Hungry all the time. I gained like crazy. Now I am back up to 247, and I am so ready not to be.

My Insurance has a complete exclusion for weightloss surgery, so I am going to Mexico to have it done by Dr Garcia. I do think it's funny I work at 2 hospitals that are "bariatric centers of excellence". Both of them offer Insurance that does not cover WLS for any reason.

It really is ridiculous that your hospitals don't cover WLS. Maybe you could be a crusader and talk to the administrators? I was in the same boat when I worked for a hospital --- no coverage for WLS. They do cover it now though. It always cracked me up. But most insurances/employers have come around I think. Your hospitals will probably see the light some time in the future.

Good luck in Mexico. I have not seen one negative thing from anyone who had the surgery in Mexico(of course I don't read every post). In fact, I was thinking that it seems the Mexico Sleevers have less complications.

Hi Dana

I also need the 90 day requirement from Aetna. My last one is oct 4th but I have to do my class with my hospital oct 26th which is why I am not until November. How have your NUT appointments been? I have been a little disappointed by mine.

Hi Amy! Welcome to VST. The people are so great here. The veteran Sleevers are very generous with their time and knowledge and are always willing to answer questions, give support, and when needed, give a little nudge to help get you back on track if you veer off. I've been on the board for a little over a month and I've learned so much. I'm hoping for a late November surgery date ( my 90 day Aetna requirement ends on Nov. 13)

It will be so nice for us Novembers to be able to support one another since will all be going through it together!

~Dana

Hi Dana

I also need the 90 day requirement from Aetna. My last one is oct 4th but I have to do my class with my hospital oct 26th which is why I am not until November. How have your NUT appointments been? I have been a little disappointed by mine.

Hi,

I feel the same way -- I was disappointed in my first NUT visit. My second is this Monday 9/17. Maybe she will get in to more detail but I was not impressed with the level of info I was given. My "program" was supposed to be PrescriptFit. The shakes were gross. I could not do it. So I just improvised and did my own thing with Atkins shakes and Pure Protein shakes. I also add powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder too. I have no idea how she will react to it, and if she gives me a hassle I'm not sure what I'll do. What nutrition program are you on?

I have my EGD on Monday the 17th. Once that is done I get my date. Barring any issues I should be November 14th or 21st. Then all I have left to do is finish my weight management classes (half way done) and some pre-op appointments, labs and my nutrition classes (at the bariatric center and online). I can't believe I am halfway there.

Hi,

I feel the same way -- I was disappointed in my first NUT visit. My second is this Monday 9/17. Maybe she will get in to more detail but I was not impressed with the level of info I was given. My "program" was supposed to be PrescriptFit. The shakes were gross. I could not do it. So I just improvised and did my own thing with Atkins shakes and Pure Protein shakes. I also add unjury Protein Powder too. I have no idea how she will react to it, and if she gives me a hassle I'm not sure what I'll do. What nutrition program are you on?

I am not on a program. My first visit she went over foods and the Protein values. Friday I had my second one which she went over the most beneficial shakes

/protein supplements and also Vitamins for after surgery. my third is oct 4th and she said she is going over my diet stages! I feel like one visit to her would have been plenty! Everything she is telling me I have read on here! What is the prescribe fit plan your on? Does your dr require it?

Hello my name is Jacinta! I'm being sleeved nov 13th..... Nervous and excited!! I was banded dec 2008 so I'm having the lapband removed and sleeve in the same surgery!! I wish everyone here the best!

Hi Jancinta, welcome to November Sleevers. It will be so great to have so many of us experiencing the same part of the processes together.... Should be a great support system! It looks like I'll be in late November....

I am not on a program. My first visit she went over foods and the Protein values. Friday I had my second one which she went over the most beneficial shakes

/protein supplements and also Vitamins for after surgery. my third is oct 4th and she said she is going over my diet stages! I feel like one visit to her would have been plenty! Everything she is telling me I have read on here! What is the prescribe fit plan your on? Does your dr require it?

My doc requires a pre-op diet -- I think it is like a two thing right before surgery. I know Aetna requires the 90 day program-- of course they do not specify what program so I'm hoping that she is cool with me improvising with something I can tolerate.

The PrescriptFit program is that you drink 4 your the shakes (gross) per day and eat one particular food each week. So it's like Week 1 -- 4 shakes a day and all the seafood you want (within reason) Week 2 - 4 shakes a day and all the vegetables you want, Week 3 - 4 shakes and all the chicken..... and so on and so on....

Hi all, new here. I am 34, mother of 4, and from Kansas. I am scheduled for the week of Thanksgiving in Mexico with Dr. Ariel Ortiz. My insurance has a complete exclusion from weight loss anything. I am a public health nurse and it is really difficult to advise people how to be healthy when I'm not myself. I am really excited about having this TOOL that will help me to make better decisions when it comes to food, and hopefully the activity will follow.

My oldest daughter is a senior this year. At my current weight I am never in pictures and when I am, I'm so embarrassed of how I look. So one of my motivators is that I can take pictures with my daughter at her graduation in May 2013 and feel good about it!

I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you! November here we come!!!