Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Nurses With Sleeves (Support Group)

Hi my name is Cristine I have been a nurse for 14 years. I had the vsg done on March 13 th.

Hi my name is Cristine I have been a nurse for 14 years. I had the vsg done on March 13 th.

Some how are things going for you? Any pain? Hoe is your appetite? Care to start your start weight and now current weight?

Today is Easter. Happy Easter to all of you nurses. I realize some of you are working today. Hope you at least get a meal for working. Just got back from a 40 min walk. It sure is cold outside but can't wait. Last year at this time it was 70 degrees. We are going to change our route so we go at least 1 hour a night. Some is up hill so it works the thighs.

How is everyone else doing?

Happy Easter to you and everyone else! It's storming and warm 80 degree in Houston. This is my sixth day post op and it was a little tough getting through the day with all this food around. I enjoyed my slim fast and the company. Hopefully I will be able to return to work this Thursday after my first post op appointment.

"Warm and 80"..Ohhhh Here it is windy and 38 degrees. We will see 80 in June this year. What is nice we are trying to figure out some new garden areas for our yard. Summer is on the way. Keep your chin up. One thing nice about your surgery is there is no way you could eat normal food yet. If you have company visit alot with your water/ juice in hand. Good Luck

It wasn't to bad making it through the day. I think the good ole nurse kicks in and inthinknog the complications and just walk off.

Hi all! I'm an RN also. I was an LPN for a couple years and did nursing home and a peds office. Went back and got my RN and did ICU for 7 years and a short stretch of home health. I even did travel nursing for 3 assignments. Got to live/work/play in LA, San Diego, and New Orleans. I became a stay at home mom though while pg with our 7 year old daughter. Worst pregnancy ever :(. Hyperemesis gravidum until mid 2nd trimester finally got to work a few shifts before pre e set in and doc said no stress pfft I was an icu and trauma nurse ;). So I quit.

Now have two kids and our daughter has Aspergers so it's easier for now if I don't work.

Anyhow. I was actually a skinny Minnie through high school. Graduated weighing 105 fully clothed - then it slowly started creeping up until I hit 200+. Got married had two kids, tried every diet to just yoyo up and down. I am now at 270.

Went to my first doc appt and see the nut this week. Dr said end of may beginning of June as long as insurance plays nice :)

Hello my name is Jennifer and I am also an RN. I live in Arkansas and had my sleeve on 3/28. I am doing well, just having a tough time getting all the Protein in but working hard at it.

Happy Easter to you and everyone else! It's storming and warm 80 degree in Houston. This is my sixth day post op and it was a little tough getting through the day with all this food around. I enjoyed my slim fast and the company. Hopefully I will be able to return to work this Thursday after my first post op appointment.

Glad to hear you are doing well. I had the same thing with Christmas, my surgery was the 19th. It's all a blur now, lol. I cooked for two days getting ready for easter, all so I could eat 2 oz of it, haha. I confess, I did eat a little more than 2 oz ;) Best thing is, it wasn't that much more, and today right back on track. Love it!

Hi all! I have been a nurse for 20 years. 4 years med-surg, 16 years labor & delivery and for the last 7 years have worked as a school nurse. I still work per-diem as a L&D nurse. I was sleeved on Friday, March 29th. Little scary but glad I'm on the other side. Great to have a support group like this with nurses. Glad I found this forum!

Hi all! I have been a nurse for 20 years. 4 years med-surg' date=' 16 years labor & delivery and for the last 7 years have worked as a school nurse. I still work per-diem as a L&D nurse. I was sleeved on Friday, March 29th. Little scary but glad I'm on the other side. Great to have a support group like this with nurses. Glad I found this forum![/quote']

Hi Tangie! Congratulations!!! My surgery is scheduled for May 20th. So very excited and a bit nervous. Please keep us updated on how you're doing. I work in a pediatric office and am planning to be our two weeks. Guess I'm wondering if that's enough. How long will you be out?