Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Lbs Did You Lose Before Dropping Pants Size

I will be going back to work soon & tried on my uniform pants. I have lost almost 50 lbs but these stinking pants still fit me. They are a lot looser but geez, I expected them to fall off me. Granted these were probably very tight on me before. Did anyone else have this happen? Initially, how many lbs did you have to lose before getting a smaller pants size.

I went from 270 to 240 and could fit a smaller size, but my old pants were so snug before that I could still wear them too. When I got down to 235, my jeans would get lose after wearing them for 15 minutes. Every person's body is different, but it would definitely be disappointing to lose so much without getting a smaller size pants!

Here's something I've found on my WL journey..... in the "bigger" sizes, there is more of a pounds spread (you can gain a bunch or lose a bunch and the size doesn't change as quickly); however, in the "smaller" sizes (below 14), the pounds spread is much smaller. I've heard that 5 lbs. is the difference between a size 6 and an 8. IDK because I'm not there YET, but I can tell you that I stayed in my 18's for a long time before I moved down to a 16. I lost track in all honesty, but hope that this reply might help encourage you some.

Keep doing what you know you are supposed to and it'll happen.

I just got into size 12's (a first EVER in my life, I know how sad right... ) as well as an 8/10 in some too tight yoga pants. They'll fit me w/in the next 10 lbs or so of my weight loss I bet though. So focus on what's right and I know it will happen!

Best of luck!

I lost 30 and had to buy one smaller size. I lost a lot of belly though. My gorgeous gut is much smaller now.

But aren't they very loose

I didn't mention that I can wear jeans that are 4 sizes smaller but the uniform pants are polyester and the waistband has a bit of stretch to them. I must have been at maximum capacity in them before. I was really hoping to have a dramatic difference when I went back to work, but I know that big milestones take time. I guess I'll find out by my coworkers comments. They don't hold back where I work.

Sweetie, all of the sudden, you ARE going to have huge dramatic weight losses. Don't rush it. Learn in the meantime so that the drama of such a loss remains to stay with you forever.

Or at least that's my take on this journey. Good luck!

I am going through the exact same thing. I have lost 50 pounds and am still wearing the same pants. Now I had some with the "comfort" waist band and I am pretty sure I had them stretched to the point that there was more tension on my belt line than in the entire middle east. But still I was wearing a 42-44 waist and now am still fine in the 42's. A bit loose, but 40's are too tight. I have lost more than 10 inches at the widest point, so I am a bit dissappointed that I have not been able to translate that to a smaller pants size.

BUT I am super happy with the weight loss and the overall change. I guess I was probably a 46 or more just squeezed into my pants. So I have probably lost more than just 1 pants size.

I am going through the exact same thing. I have lost 50 pounds and am still wearing the same pants. Now I had some with the "comfort" waist band and I am pretty sure I had them stretched to the point that there was more tension on my belt line than in the entire middle east. But still I was wearing a 42-44 waist and now am still fine in the 42's. A bit loose' date=' but 40's are too tight. I have lost more than 10 inches at the widest point, so I am a bit dissappointed that I have not been able to translate that to a smaller pants size.

BUT I am super happy with the weight loss and the overall change. I guess I was probably a 46 or more just squeezed into my pants. So I have probably lost more than just 1 pants size.[/quote']

Can relate to those comfort bands. Stretched they still are tight. Last time I went shopping my waist was almost two sizes bigger than I thought. Sigh. Come on surgery.

I know I was kidding myself towards the end. I was way bigger than my pants size.

I was probably pouring myself into pants that were too small because where I work you have to go exchange them and have it all documented with the size written down that you take. It can feel humiliating to go up a size when I know I am already obese to begin with. I look forward to exchanging these for a smaller size very soon!

I'm 60 lbs down and started in a 24/26. I went pretty fast to a 22. This weekend my 22's were falling off my hips so I shopped for 20s found 18s instead. Snug but they fit. Maybe another 10-15 lbs and you'll drop a size in those pants :).

I'd have to say about 50, pounds. I know it's super frustrating, but I did go from 20w to a regular 18 which is great. I did notice that there is a big difference between regular sizes to women's sizes. I'm currently is oldnavy and ny&co size 18, but I fit a 14 in Ashley Stewart or lane Bryant. I choose to do away with plus size stores, so I'm ok with being a regular 18 as opposed to 14w.

Update: I need to get smaller uniform pants, finally! I have dropped 53 lbs so that was the magic number apparently. The current ones are very baggy & this makes me very happy!

I'm down 46lbs, and wearing the same pants as I was pre-surgery. I'm really not sure how I was squeezing into them (size 16 from Cato and Lane Bryant). They fit comfortably now.Although I'm pretty sure I could fit into a14 from those stores now. I did buy a pair of regular 16 blue jeans from SAMs yesterday and they fit fabulous!