Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg I Just Ate Cake 8 Days After Surgery

I said I was gonna stop coming back to this thread, but it's like a train wreck! Someone did take down the guy's post with the cursing.

I agree that it's hard to tell someone's tone from a post but some folks make themselves loud, clear, and ignorant!

I also agree that WE ALL need to get over OURSELVES and get back to losing weight and feeling fabulous.

The only thing that's worse than Facebook beefin is VST beefin!

You are not posting here because you want support, because it should be clear that nobody supports this type of behavior post sleeve, right?

My advice? Get a counselor, immediately. You have an eating disorder and you need to talk to someone about better ways to cope. Because you already KNOW that you are making bad, foolish and downright dangerous food choices, or you wouldn't be confessing it to us. You KNOW this could cause a leak for you, right? You are risking your life with these poor choices, and none of us want to see you hospitalized with a complication that you caused yourself and could have avoided!

Tough love - that's what you're getting. Because honestly? You do not need someone to pat your back and tell you it's okay. Because it's not okay! You are risking your LIFE. YOUR LIFE. That is not okay, not ever.

I am supportive and I understand that we all make mistakes. But you are less than two weeks out and you are eating absolute garbage and you should know better. And I am the woman constantly advocating eating in moderation, and like a normal person, so please, take that into consideration. I don't think carbs or sugar are our evil enemies, but I do believe we need to stick to a strict diet while healing!

Please get some help. You are clearly coping with some seriously disordered eating, disordered enough that you are willing to risk your health to satisfy the compulsion to eat.

We all stumble, but there is no real room for leeway in the beginning when you're still healing. Please get back onto your liquid diet and allow your body to cope with the major surgery you just had.

And trust me - we really DO understand what you're feeling, even if we're not being totally understanding of your choices. It's hard for all of us to adjust to being the one in the family not eating, or being on a liquid diet for weeks on end, or feeling kinda miserable while we heal. We ALL go through this. But your response is a sign that you are not quite ready for this major life change.

It's too late to do anything about your past choices and it's too late to put your stomach back in, but you can make the active choice to get it together and stick to a nutritional plan.

Get on track, lady! Succeed at this. The only way to have long term success and maintain goal is to learn to be healthy about food - and that means saying no when you aren't supposed to eat, and getting any other food disorders under control.

~Cheri

Some people can get their point across and write well. Cheri, you are one of them.

I re-read my post. And in two post i used a (1) hell, (1) damn and (1) arse.

Sans those three words, the sentiments are the same.

I want this woman to know the wonderfulness of the journey. Even with the struggles, as you get closer and closer to your goal and distances yourself from your heaviest weight, life starts to feel really good.

All of your problems don't miraculously disappear. Debts is still there, Crap job is still there (or not there), your husband is still there (LOL), Kids are still there (Mind moved out at 26). But, the burden of the weight is lifted and that is so freeing.

You will move better, look better, breathe better. A lot of health related issues are elimated or diminished. You get your mojo back. You become you again. Or better yet, you find the you that is you.

I wasn't perfect in my journey, but I was consistant. I strung enough days together where I stuck my WL program and I lost 170+lbs!

Did I want to make my Protein shake with Haagan Daz instead of skim milk and yogurt (don't try this folks - it's dangerous). Yes, I did. Did I do it - no I didn't! Because I put my head down and did the work. And it's work.

Every moment of the day, there isn't a time where I am not thinking about food. If anything, the preoccupation of food is more than it was when I was 377lbs of fat. I'm in a constant dialogue with myself can it, should i, better not, maybe a little, no... blah, blah, blah.

8 days out from surgery and you're eating cake means you need to do the mind work and approach this clinically. If you were on life saving drugs, you would follow the medical protocol. Well your diet is the life saving medical protocol for obesity.

You are not posting here because you want support, because it should be clear that nobody supports this type of behavior post sleeve, right?....

This is what I thought as well. I just had my surgery but I am well-versed on forums, especially diet forums and well...they can be a rollercoaster ride. I often wonder what people's motivation is for posting things like this because surely they don't believe all of the replies are going to be positive and nobody can electronically pump your stomach so...what do they think they'll get from these types of posts.

I agree with the person who said to think about making that "confession" to your surgeon. My surgeon would have been 10 times more blunt than the most blunt poster in this thread. You should do surgery for yourself but at the end of the day, you are a walking advertisement for your physician as well and I doubt that a surgeon would take the time to consult with you, do your surgery, and then give you guidelines on how to succeed only for you to do something that can not only damage your health but his/her reputation.

My first thoughts when I read the OP was that she needs help because if the prospect of doing internal damage to a new surgery site isn't even enough to rein you in, what is? If nothing more than the fear of totally screwing your insides up, something should lend enough pause to course-correct before the behavior at this early stage.

OP, you have to understand that with some of the hurdles people go through to even be approved for a surgery like this, people are not going to take kindly to someone who (by what you posted) didn't have to jump through the pre-surgery hoops, got the surgery their first shot out, and is now acting like they didn't have the surgery. I don't think anyone was being mean to you but this is a surgery with a whole trough of emotions behind it for a lot (if not most) people and when you post things like this, I can see where some would see it as a mockery of the gravity of what they've gone through.