Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck! You will do fine!

What does your pre op diet consist of? They are all different!

Thanks! I have an Unjury Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch and 6oz of lean Protein and non-starchy vegs for dinner. Oh, I can have 2 apples a day as snack if needed.

What do you have to do?

feels me i am so understanding you right now. i start my 2 wk liqid diet today. what do i do do i eat every 2 to 3 hrs or just keep putting liqiuds in my body when i feel hungry.

My pre op diet is the full liquid that we do after surgery. Protein Shakes and Soups. I am allowed to blend up fruit in my Protein shakes before surgery, which helps a lot. They didn't even say how much or how many calories I should have, so I'm trying to keep it under 1000. This weekend three of my grown daughters are going to be here for our 32nd anniversary, and also celebrating oldest daughter's birthday. This will really be a test of my ability to resist stress eating!

Hi, everyone.

Just want to share my bad news.

my coordinator called me and said that my surgery will not be on September 7th because surgeon didn't prepare the letter and he is off the office now and would be back only on 9/4.

and even if he would prepare the letter insurance company need at least 7 days for approval. so forget about surgery on 9/7.

Girls.

the life is a zebra. white line - black line and etc....

I just get another call from coordinator and she said that they finally got what they need and call the insurance and I AM APPROVED FOR THE SURGERY, and it would be on SEPTEMBER 7. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I'm glad they got it all together. Moving forward

Starting my full liquid diet tomorrow :)

hang in there mcm you can do it.

scorpian see i told you. yayyyyyyyyy so happy for you i stratred my liquid diet today. so far so good had my watery oatmeal. waitingon my slim fast now

well i am now on a 2 wk liquid diet.< /p>

justine he was not satisfied with the weight loss he wants me to lose more grrrrrrrrrrrr

Did you keep your surgery date or did he want you to lose weight and reschedule. I am a little worried I lost the 10 lbs. the dr. wanted me to lose, I did see him and he was glad I was able to lose them. However I've gained some of the weight back. I have to go to a pre-op class on the 4th and surgery is scheduled for the 13th. hope this doesn't affect me. I got back on track on eating right yesterday. I am hoping that if I do well I can lose some of that weight by the 4th. I wonder if I will be weighed in again.

hang in there mcm you can do it.

scorpian see i told you. yayyyyyyyyy so happy for you i stratred my liquid diet today. so far so good had my watery oatmeal. waitingon my slim fast now

How long do you have to be on the liquid diet? What is your surgery date?

I finished up all the insurance and the doctor's requirements - psych evaluation, cardiac evaluation, PCP recommendation and clearance, NUT and nutrition class, endoscopy and colonoscopy and they have submitted me to insurance (CIGNA). Hope I get approved quickly and can do my 2 week pre-op diet and get my surgery in mid-September. Hope to have it then so that I'm on solid food by Thanksgiving.

Thank you for your support. it mean a lot for me.

No watery oatmeal for me.

But I have my Atkins advance shakes and coffee and just brought the chicken to do the broth myself. and of cause sugar free Jello :)

scare he didnt change my date he just wants me to lose more i was 4lbs shy of the 10lbs

feels its for 2 weeks my surgery date is sept 12th

scorp i dont like adkins shakes yuk. cant wait for my other protien drinks to come through the mail. ilike oatmeal and its the low sugar one yummy.

welcome to all newbies to the september post squad

I like oatmeal, newgrandmother

But I am not allowed to.

Sept 5th for me. I'm very excited and slightly nervous. I've had my pre-admission testing and everything is a go for next Wed. I had the final visit with my surgeon today and he said he's been called for jury duty and there is a slight chance he won't be able to do my surgery on the 5th. I'm praying that he'll be able to, this is my 4th week of pre-op diet and I feel like I'm always starving.