Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Long Islanders?

Hey Nancy. I am having surgery on Nov. 10 also. Who is your doctor? I will be at Syosset Hospital.

Is anybody else having surgery on Nov. 10 by Dr. Geiss? I'm looking for a surgery buddy.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Everyone, I am Debbie. I met Lisa, Sue and Fran at the education class last week for Dr. Geiss. My surgery date is Nov. 13th. Thanks so much for you postings, I really enjoyed reading them. I am really nervous too and I'll agree the anxiety has increased since the class. it is really nice knowing I am not alone.

Susancarole (Sue) and Slimtobe (Lissa P), thanks for your post on the liquids. I had heard medi-fast was not as tasty as some out there. I went and bought some Muscle Milk light but will now get some unjury to get me through the post-op. I really want to be successful.

All the best everyone! :D

Hi Deb,

I was glad to meet you. Its nice to know I will know someone on the 13th. I feel so good when I read what everyone is feeling because its exactly what I am feeling. I finally told my kids and my good friend.

Lisa, let us knwo how liquids go?

Deb, see you friday

hang in there evryone!

Fran,

You know, you should not feel guilty that you have not started liquids yet! They just require it for 7 days. And like you said, you need to do it for 3 weeks anyway (the week prior and two weeks after surgery). Trust me when I tell you that you will be sick of liquids. SO, don't stress yourself out now !!!!!

As far as the medifast is concerned, that is the only shake I used- even though I was not fond of it. I had bought so much so, PLEASE- DO NOT purchase the whole 3 weeks of it! Besides it being expensive, you will grow very tired of it as well. AND< I HAVE so much left over that I would be happy to give you some when we all can meet sometime!!!!!

Hi to everyone else also!

Sue

Hi Sue: Thanks, your so right about not stressing! The reason I wanted to try and start earlier was because since I saw Dr. Geiss in August I've gained about 6lbs...its ridiculous how much I've been eating! So now I'm concentrating on eating mostly Protein and throwing in some of the Medifast shakes that I purchased...I'll stick with that until I reach the liquid stage the week before and hopefully I'll loose the weight I gained and maybe another few pounds. I really want my liver to shrink. Thanks for the Medifast suggestion...but after reading everyone's posts, I think I'm going to try the Unjury...a majority of the people seem to like it, so I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

I'm excited for you all who have up-coming surgeries....I wish you the best of luck....you'll do fine!

CAPPY: You were asking about the Protein shakes...I was banded by Dr. Geiss and I used the unjury Protein Shakes (ordered via the internet). I posted on this thread about this a few weeks ago saying how pleased I was, and still am, about the product. I first initially ordered a few samples to try and I really was suprised at how good it tastes. I didn't like the taste of the Medifast. And the Unjury is just as good nutritionally, if not better....lots of whey protein. I lost 13 pounds that pre-op liquid week. Hope this helps!

Lisa P. :)

Hi Lisa: Like you and others on this board, Unjury seems to be the way to go. I wonder if Dr. Geiss's office has some kind of contract with the person who sells the Medifast and this is why they suggest it? I was also told I could buy the Whey protein from Trader Joes or GNC, but I have a feeling that one isn't so good. Thanks for your help!

Hi Everyone, I am Debbie. I met Lisa, Sue and Fran at the education class last week for Dr. Geiss. My surgery date is Nov. 13th. Thanks so much for you postings, I really enjoyed reading them. I am really nervous too and I'll agree the anxiety has increased since the class. it is really nice knowing I am not alone.

Susancarole (Sue) and Slimtobe (Lissa P), thanks for your post on the liquids. I had heard medi-fast was not as tasty as some out there. I went and bought some Muscle Milk light but will now get some unjury to get me through the post-op. I really want to be successful.

All the best everyone! :thumbup:

Hi Debbie!!! So glad you finally came here....I've been wondering when you were going to post! Everyone here is so nice and helpful, your going to love this board...I think we are all feeling anxious now....our surgeries are so close! Good luck to you....please keep coming here and let us know how your doing!

Hope everyone else is hanging in there! Good luck to ALL the upcoming surgeries and please let us know how your doing! Best wishes to all!!!

Fran

LCUBED, I'm having my surgery with Dr Nick Gabriel in St Catherines' in Smithtown. I think I'm the only one not with Dr Geiss.

Hi All,

Welcome to: Nancy, Messy, msJessy and ssankofa73!

Lisa, (Lcubed) you must be getting so excited that your surgery is next week. How are you doing with the liquids?

Messy, unjury sounds better to me too. Go for it!

Sue129, Sounds like you will be in good company on the 13th. It is great that you got to meet someone having surgery the same day. You might even see each other in the pre-op room you go into while you wait for surgery! Nicolle (twiceblessed) is having surgery on the 13th also, right?

Fran, I gained 7 pounds between my initial visit last Nov and my surgery date in early Sept. Don't sweat it! It was great that Lisa P (Slim2be) got the samples of the shakes to try first. I never would have ordered all that medifast if I had thought to get samples! Dr. Geiss and Powers office recommended the Medifast through their nutritionist, Christine. That's the only reason why I ordered it. But, take other's advice on this subject if you can, because they are all right (about the taste anyway!)

Fatgirlny did you get your date yet?

A quick hello to: elisa, candle, amanda, twiceblessed, Chris, amy and musicmir also.

Have a great night everyone!

Sue

Hi all

I've been super busy with work. You all seem to be well on your way either to surgery or post op.

unjury all the way!!! Walmart has something called Body Fortress that is very tasty too.

The nutritionist do get a cut of the stuff purchased by thier clients, so of course they will recommend it.

Remember the band is just a tool. You are having surgery on your stomach not your mind. You will need to do the work on your mind.

It was recently explained like this to me. -Think of your weight loss like a hole you want to make in a wall. There are a lot of tools to help you make that hole. The band is like a power drill. But you still have to choose the correct bit, guide it and apply the power. You have to work to get that hole.

Good luck!!

HI Everyone...I feel like I haven't been here in ages but its only been like a week.. I was up to my ears in Halloween parties and Trick or treating. Last night I was intrigued with the election coverage. I didn't make it to bed until after 1:00AM.

Susan...I would love to get together when you come to Sayville. I am walking distance to that Starbucks on Main.

Lcubed...Wow I can't beleive how time has flown. I was thinking about trying my liquids a bit early, too ......for about 30 seconds. lol

Cappy... I ordered the unjury as Slim suggested and it is definitely not bad. Almost good but I bet after a few days I will be able to eat wallpaper.

Hello to everyone else...anyone else going to the Nov 18 informational meeting?

Does anyone have HIP as insurance? I have a question about getting reimbursed for the psych and nutritioanl consults?

I am glad that we are considering Farmingdale for our group meeting. I work in an office right on route 110. If we want we could probably meet in our conference room. We would be able to stay as long as we want, its pretty comfortable and we have access to coffee, tea and a Water machine. We would not have to worry about how big the group has gotten or how much to tip the waiter. and of course if everyone felt more comfortable at the diner that would be fine too.

Since the next couple of weeks many of us will be having surgery and then there is Thanksgiving, I am going to suggest our first meeting be December 10 or sometime that week. What do you think? Do you want to try to squeeze it in earlier?

Chris

Chris,

We could meet just about any time. I know that you work, so we could do it around your work schedule. I would love to meet you before your surgery.....I could really give you a pep-talk! Just let me know,

Sue

hi everyone

for some reason I could not sign on and had to re-register on this site and change my name a bit.

Pre surgical testing tomorrow. Started liquids today and Im starving!!

Im going to go to bed...:-/

Edited by Sue0129
error

Hey Sue,

Hang in there...the first two days are the hardest, just remember to have Soup too! Don't just have the shakes. You can even have low fat noodle soup- I know I did! Good luck tomorrow for the pre-op!

Sue

Hi Everyone,

I started my liquids too yesterday and was very hungry and tired! This morning I woke up with a headache but I know it will get better.

I bought the Muscle Milk Light at GNC and mix 1 scoop with 8oz of Water. I must say it wasn't bad at all. I'm still going to buy some unjury though too.

Lisa, how are you doing? Getting close! Please update us when you can!

Thanks everyone for your posts. They really are helping me feel like I'm not alone.

Sue, see you at pre-op!

How do you make the cool signature line? :thumbup:

Hi Everyone!

Well, Monday is almost here. I was told to be at the hospital at 9:45am...surgery is at 11. I am so very nervous. It's so real now...it's really happening! I have been on the liquid diet this week and I am so hungry. The shakes are awful...I have Medifast. Thankfully we can also have Soup. That has helped. Otherwise it has been a long week.

This is a busy week for surgeries...me on Monday, and Sue and Debbie on Thursday. You guys are lucky you will be in the hospital together.

I wish my friends and family were more supportive...but, it is what it is. It is so nice to know all of you; the support you all have provided is so helpful. I am looking forward to our support groups.

Good Luck to all of us!

Lisa

Hi Everyone!

Wow Lisa, it's almost here...I'm really happy and excited for you. And Sue and Debbie, you're both right around the corner. I wish you all the best of luck and also to all reading this who have up-coming surgeries. Have a good weekend all!

Lisa P. :eek: