Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months Out, Still Only 6 Lbs Down

Don't have anything else to say lol. I seem to be the only one who can't make this revision work!

Out of curiousity, can you tell us you diet on a day to day basis? Have you talked with the surgeon? Are you exercising? Please let us know. :) BTW, what are your portion sizes?

R u kidding? Did u have the Lapband or sleeve? I'm 14 days postoperative and have lost 22pounds.

U need to allow time for the swelling to go down and allow ur body to heal...follow the diet they gave u....

I was told ..full liq from day 3-14..gatorade2, SF popsicles, SF Jello, SF puddings, etc....then puréed diet from day 15-30 days..

Keep us updated n good luck!

!

Well, you are pretty low BMI compared to many of us (including me!). My BMI is now 35 and my weight loss has slowed alot compared to when it was in the 40s. I suspect that people who are revised when they have less to lose are going to be quite slow BUT it will help keep you from regaining too. Looking at your stats, you are a success in my book even if it is slow going!

If you use myfitnesspal.com, share a few of your daily menus. If you don't, recreate them here as best as you can. It isn't going to be 100% menu - but it's a place to start.

My loss with the sleeve is definitely slower & WAY more irregular than with my band.

Believe it or not, I was kind of in your shoes. II lost more than 6 pounds initially, way more, but most if it was in 2 weeks (i.e. fluid). Then about a week after that, I hit a stall that lasted... 10 - 11 weeks.

So had my initial weightloss been less, which it would've been if I'd had a "real" pre-op diet (I only had 2 days of SF liquids), I could've said the same thing you're saying now. Considering that, my best advice is to hang in there. I think in your heart of hearts you know it has to work, and that something's gotta give. If you can sustain no weightloss with a sleeve long term, you're going to be doing some shopping because that $1.5M prize money that comes with winning the Nobel peace prize for curing world hunger will be in the mail. :)

I really thought loss would be at least comparable, if not faster. I mean, I could easily splurge with the band as long as all the planets were aligned, which is not the case now. It's a bot of a head scratcher. Lots of popular theories.

As a former hare who has turned into a relative tortoise - bah!

Don't have anything else to say lol. I seem to be the only one who can't make this revision work!

I am new and haven't even been sleeved yet but I was reading on another post that when people's weight

stalled, they cut their carbs and that seemed to help a lot. Just an idea

I cant actually say I have stalled, I never started.....pre op I lost approx 12 pounds but since then only 2 pounds, I was sleeved in May 2012 also. Im very frustrated. I am doing all the things required and nothing is going down, not the scales or my measurements. I exercise, eat and drink as directed and NO LOSS. I am hungry all the time, and I have heartburn which is new to me, I never had it before the surgery, I have never been nauseaed or vomited, and I chew my food to a pulp......all my labs have come back normal as well as a thyroid panel. I do have a low BMI....compared to most, but Im very short so every ounce shows. Water and Protein are not the problem either so I am at a loss mentally not physically..........makes me feel like I wasted my time money hope and went through pain for nothing.

Ok are you out of the stall?

So, hopefully they have your acid under control with a PPI. I think that makes such a difference.

It is hard to understand, but there are alot of factors. I know you are following the guidelines, but I find meeting with a nutritionalist really helps me "fine tune" things and gives me alot of tips for success.

I fell your pain. I truly do. I had one month where I only lost four pounds and that was my third month in. It's not the thing you want to see when you've had such life altering surgery.

One thing you have going against you is your low BMI. You'll hear about people losing this amazing amount of weight but they're usually much larger than you so don't fret. Also, everybody seems to go through a long stall around the 3-4 week mark.

I do recommend MyFitnessPal as well as a great way of keeping track of food, especially Protein levels. See how many calories you are consuming and maybe that's affecting your weight loss. Remember, not eating enough can throw your body into starvation mode and you'll stop losing weight.

I think you are right, I have been keeping a running total of my carbs and Proteins but not writing them down, I am going to do that and see if it makes a difference.

thank you for responding and good luck on your journey. My liquids are all pre measured for the day so Im ok on that at least.

I have also started taking zantac its helping too, but Im still hungry but there isnt room to eat.....lol I thought the information says they remove that part of your stomach, I think they miss it on me........ B)

I think you are right' date=' I have been keeping a running total of my carbs and Proteins but not writing them down, I am going to do that and see if it makes a difference.

thank you for responding and good luck on your journey. My liquids are all pre measured for the day so Im ok on that at least.

I have also started taking zantac its helping too, but Im still hungry but there isnt room to eat.....lol I thought the information says they remove that part of your stomach, I think they miss it on me........ B)[/quote']

Run it by your doc first but I would try a better acid reducer like Pepcid or Prevacid (or their generics) because Zantac only treats the symptoms not the cause. The generic Prevacid works really well for me. I was taking Zantac with no relief until the doc had me switch. I wish I could give more helpful advice but my own weight loss seems pretty slow to me. Good luck!

thanks for the info, my doc is the one who prescribed it???? I dont know but it seems to be working like a charm right now tho'. stops it in just a few minutes. You are doing great. congrats!!

I was banded from sept 08 to Dec 11, exposed to chemo at work and my world went to Hell in a hand basket so to speak, lost my band so I ended up getting the sleeve because of an abscess on the outside of my stomach, they were going to have to remove a portion anyway....so just did it too. I started at 212 and after my band was removed I was back at 155 from being at 115 for 3 yrs, so I am soooo feeling fat again and I hate it, after knowing the way I felt nothing can compare even tho' alot of people think I should be happy at the 150's, they just dont understand........beside the fact that I have NO clothes that fit now...lol

take care and good luck

Karen

I hate that you had a rough go with your band. I definitely can understand you wanting to get back down to 115, I would too!! That's also scary about the chemo exposure. My first job out of nursing school was as a chemo nurse and I was always terrified of an exposure situation.

it was bad for sure the abscess kept coming back, I had 4 surgeries in 5 months! They said it must have been spilled on the counter and I leaned on it and it soaked thru my uniform and entered thru my belly button ring injury. My hair came out and I had all the horrible effects too.......lol life has to get better now after all that. And of course the hospital wasnt responsible because there was no way to prove it since the heavy metals of chemo leave no trace in your blood work after 3-5 days and the effects of chemo dont show up that fast. I try not to think of it, but it certainly was an ordeal to go thru. I now wear at least 2 tops and a jacket all the time at work....lol....and my belly button ring injury has healed. take care I need to get back to work thanks again for listening and your input.

Karen