Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC September Chat

My goals are more sizes than weight loss. I have shrunk out of my 3X and most of my 22-24. The 18-20s are looser, but my no means too small - I have found a couple of nice 16s on sale that are my next goal to fit into. As soon as I fit into the 16s, I will buy something in a 14, and that will be my next goal. I have even bought smaller underpants to shrink into! We are going on a cruise at Christmastime, and I am a little worried that all of my summer clothes will be huge (what a nice dilemna), but I figure that I can always find something on Ebay...

Eileen

Okay, I am more of a moron than I even thought possible. I can't figure out how to get the ticker into my posts on a regular basis. I can't find the August band crew on a consistent basis, and I can't find the list of members. And there is something else that I am dumb about, but I've already forgotten what it was! Someone PLEASE take pity on me, and send me LapBandTalk for Dummies!!!

And now I can't even find the little red-faced loser icon. WAAAAHHH!!!

Eileen

I, too, have uncontrollable food issues. I cannot have a birthday cake in the house. If it's there, I'm going to eat it, and there is NO restriction when that frosting melts in your mouth! I also have a problem with guacamole and chips (which seem to go down just fine). It's very hard to gauge how much you are eating when there is something like that on the table. So I've decided not to beat myself up for these special occasions (my daughter's birthday, and we had a cookout). Today I just feel gross and bloated, so I'm just eating some fruit and yogurt. So are you upset because of the calories in the bagel, or because you are afraid that you might have damaged something? I went to solid foods really fast after my surgery - within two weeks, and pretty much felt fine. I was just really careful to eat really tiny bites, and keep my portions miniscule. For example, I got one of my favorite cheeseburgers, and I ended up eating half for lunch and half for dinner (I would have eaten two before). I got a shake with it, but after I had about half of it, I gave it to my daughter. Didn't touch the fries, the fried cheese or the fried mushrooms.

I wouldn't beat myself up for one bagel, but I would look at the food equivalency charts and see what you could eat for the same (or fewer) calories than that bagel. I just read that Bagels are twice the size than they used to be, so they have more calories than a donut! I was amazed that the muffins at work have over 400 calories, and the Peanut Butter Cookies that I used to eat two at a time are just as bad. I used to have the 700-calorie cheese panini for lunch, and want a cookie and milk with it! I just looked at the menu for the Corner Bakery, where I eat lunch a lot, and found out that the cheese tortellini only had 500 calories, and the salads all have 700-800 calories. So I am being a lot more careful about choosing what to eat, but I am still going to eat that damned birthday cake when it's someone's birthday - I just refuse to have it in my HOUSE.

Eileen

BadMadMama--Did youlook at the thread in the LapBand FAQ section? In there is a great thread that tells you exactly what to do to get your ticker in. Make sure to click save signature after you copied it into your profile! Also, look for the ABC Sepember Chat in the lapband support, not the general discussion. Hope this helps, if not let me know, and I will try to help you all I can!

Chrissie--you naughty, naughty girl!!!!:biggrin1: I thought we were exchanging Bagels for children--lol I don't think a slip or two will hurt, but I know what you mean about the chewing thing! I haven't had solid food yet, but i just had to blend up some veg. beef Soup the other day, and then I just had to have a milkshake!!! Boy it sure tasted good!! We will all have slips--the important thing is to get right back on track! You'll do it--just stay away from the bagel monster!:)

Everyone's doing great---let's keep up the good work!

jekbird--Happy late birthday!!!! Hope you had a great one! I think a whopping 21 pound loss is a wonderful birthday present!! Just think--next year you'll be down so much more!

:happybday:

Update, my pill is unstuck now. It took about 6 hours. I just kept drinking tiny sips. It kept me up all night because I couldn't sleep during the ordeal.

From now on I will soak my pills before taking them.... owwww.

So I am 5 days post op and I can only take in, whether liquid or mushies, 3oz. at a time. I know this because my sugar free, carb free yogurt cup is 4oz. and I can't finish it before I feel pressure in my chest. If I take more bites thinking I can, the saliva you all talk about starts to gather in my throat.

Banded, home and walking off the gas pains. My experience with Dr. Ortiz and his staff was wonderful. Looks like quite a few of us ABCers were banded by Dr. Ortiz. I was down 5 lbs. pre-op and my goal for October 1st is 10lbs or more. I am on day 4 now and just started yogurt (Light n Fit Smoothie).

Glad to be back and appreciate the support from ABC.:welldoneclap:

Last night, we had strawberry shortcake for dessert. I had a very, very small serving, and so we had leftover strawberries this morning. I pureed them and mixed them with some fresh cottage cheese. REALLY good.

(Now, leftover strawberry shortcake -- that's a novel idea in my house!)

ok, everyone, I need some advice! I am 5 days post op, and:

1. I am hungry all the time, am having yogurt, even tried some cheesy scrambled eggs today(protein), am drinking crystal lite, Water, etc. I am ready for a double decker burger and fries!

2. I have only lost 5lbs since surgery (10 b4 surgery) and it seems like most everyone on here has lost AT LEAST 10 - 20lbs or more!

What am I doing wrong?

Connie

Good Evening everyone!!

I'm amazed at all the different dr. orders for post op diets. My doc has me on 1wk liquids after sx,then 2 wks milk, Soups, Protein Shakes, yogurt, then 1 wk mushies, then onto solids. Lucky for me I'm doing good, I've lost 8 lbs since my sx 8/28. I had a carnation s/f instant brkfst in a.m., 1/2 cup mango ital. ice for lunch and cream of shrimp Soup w/old bay seasoning for dinner and I'm stuffed. I drink a lot of Water also. It's weird how little fills me up. Before I would of chowed down a ton of junk and been ready for desert too,. lol. The soup I mentioned before is sooooo good, try it. My doc won't do fills until 6 wks. post op, so I am scheduled for Oct. hope I can hold out til then.

I am so glad we have this site to turn to, thanks to whomever started it. Keep up the good work people.

Chrissie,

How did you manage to eat a bagel without it getting stuck? I would love me some bagel but I've noticed crusty breads don't work for me. Don't worry about the mess up though. We'll all have them. I think we need to try and fill up on the good things, (proteins, veggies, etc.) and try and stay away from the carbs though. That advice should be taken with a grain of salt as it comes from a HUGE carb addict.:welldoneclap:

Happy2BMe, everyone's body is different so don't beat yourself up. I'm not sure what you're eating but I guess the main thing would be to try and avoid carbs and make sure you're drinking enough liquids throughout the day.

Faybie, one of my pills got stuck this morning too. Dang that hurts!!! It took a few hours and a lot of liquids but it finally went down.

Best of luck to the ABC!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

[

Ticker help

1. First copy the URL from the ticker factory. To place a ticker on the lapband forum, go to Quick Link, then go to Edit Signature, move your cursor to the spot in your signature area where you want the ticker to appear, then above the box you will see a row of icons, click the icon which allows you insert image or picture (it has a mountain with a small box in the corner), a little box will appear asking for the URL, paste the URL from the ticker factory there, and hit enter, your ticker will appear.

2. To get a new ticker, go to Ticker factory, put in new weight, hit enter, and new ticker will appear with new URL. Copy the URL and repeat step 1. You must do this each time you want to change the ticker in your signature area.

I strongly suggest that you do Step 1 before Step 2. Each time I tried to delete the old ticker and then paste the new one, it would not allow me to paste the new URL. I had to delete the old ticker and save the changes first and then paste the new URL in.

quote=badmadmama]Okay, I am more of a moron than I even thought possible. I can't figure out how to get the ticker into my posts on a regular basis. I can't find the August band crew on a consistent basis, and I can't find the list of members. And there is something else that I am dumb about, but I've already forgotten what it was! Someone PLEASE take pity on me, and send me LapBandTalk for Dummies!!!

And now I can't even find the little red-faced loser icon. WAAAAHHH!!!

Eileen

Hi to all,

I am getting ready for my 1st fill on Wednesday. I am not feeling any restriction right now, regardless of what I eat. I can't wait for my fill so that I can begin losing again. Lately I've been just white knuckling it and dieting. I'm very pleased that my scars are really light and seem to be healing so well. I don't feel any pain around my port now either. Hope everyone is feeling good as well. THANKS!

ROBIN---Thanks so much for the ticker advise I finally got it up there and know I don't feel so naked! Can you let me know how to update it?

Happy2Bme--- on line #1 you say your 5 days post-op and on line#2 you say you've lost 5lbs.! GOOD LORD! thanks GREAT! give yourself some time, inside your body is still saying "what duh!?" from the surgery and having anastesia can be hard for weeks afterward, but you still managed to loose 5lbs in 5 days!! and believe me, if you go back and read some old post you'll see Iam the QUEEN of hungry-all-the-time.I truely understand.

I was so dissapointed with myself after the WHOLE bagel thing (get it, I ate the WHOLE thing! hahaha) that I went up to Wallmart and bought myself a strawberry Shortcake divided plate. Its very small and has 3 compartments-1 for protien-1 for veggies-1 for carbs. I have to STOP,SIT and SEE what I'm putting into my mouth rather than my horrible habit of grazzing, standing in my kitchen. My husband and kids think Im nuts, but I need to make changes, maybe this will help?