Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC September Chat

Well, its been since the 9th and I am happy to say the painful gas in my should left me finally about a week ago. It was a good two weeks of some of the worst pain ever. I also have stalled on the weight loss, but I am pretty much ok with it cause I am just happy to be eating food!

My Doc does first fills 6 weeks afterwards so I guess I have about 2 1/2 -3 weeks. Looking forward to it actually.

I am burp queen. I have NEVER had this much gas in my chest after eating or drinking in my life..I wonder if this will be a new thing or go away eventually.

I hope to drop 10 pounds this month but without getting a fill until mid September, that may be pushing it.

Thank you girls for all the help with the ticker link! I'm going to put it up tomorrow, I'm just too tired now.

LIBRA---thanks for sharing your fill story, thats what helps us later Aug. bandsters get ready for our next step. I'm so glad it went smoothly for you, what kind of post-op diet/eating did you follow? I thought you had to be on solids before the 1st fill, where you? it seems that the differences in Dr.s orders on pre and post op eating varies to an incredible EXTREME!

Im asking because I can never listen to anything Im told to do and have been "modifying" my diet since day one. In other words- cream Soup @2 days pot-op cream of wheat,soft boiled eggs,etc. so now that Im @8 days ofcourse Ive already moved onto really "good stuff" I wont even go into what Ive been eating! It does scare me because I know its not allowed and I read all the post from the 'good' people who follow orders and are still on liquids or just starting mushies @ my stage. I have no restriction and no trouble getting anything down (never have) So thats why I'm asking how it went for you, did you go thru 'steps' in your post-op eating?

Sorry if this was rambling...Iam really tired! that anesteshia has really kicked my butt.

Hi, everyone,

I am up this morning because I woke up with bad heartburn. I'm still learning to recognize my body's new clues that I am full and I sort of missed it tonight -- plus I ate a small piece of whole grain bread (this is the first time I tried to do this and I won't be doing it again)..Anyway, I woke up with gas and heartburn, so I thought I would catch up with y'all.

I, too am at a plateau. I am exactly 1 month post-banding yesteray (the 2nd) and I am gaining and losing a pound or so. I am also feeling full on hunger, just like pre-banding and I've been able to eat anything, though I have not been eating as much as I used to.

I am scheduled for my first fill on September 11 (same as you, right, Robin?) and I am looking forward to feeling some restriction because there is none right now.

My goal for the month is 10 lbs, though a couple of more would be nice!!

I'm pleased with my recovery, and looking forward to my first fill.

It's great to have y'all to talk to!!

Jessica

Hi guys!

This is great. I am also at a plateau but my clothes are getting loose. I can button blouses that I couldn't before and blazers close when they could only remain open. Naturally, my pants aren't as loose, LOL! But I had a birthday recently and was determined to get those size 22 pants on with vaseline and pliers if I had to. My 24's are really loose but the 22's are just a tinge too tight.

I am mostly on solids now. Got "stuck" on tuna salad (really had tons of mayo) and on chicken (cut up in gravy). No PB no slimes just a feeling that something is stuck. I was able to drink so it wasn't stuck in the stoma to block me. The tuna left pretty soon but the stupid chicken lasted for 2 days. I called the doc about the chicken, she said wait it out and stay on full liquids for a day. Finally it went down.

I have had Pasta cut up real tiny with sauce and last night I had some popcorn. The popcorn was fine! Went down easier than that chicken.

I am not supposed to have the popcorn but...it was very little but I am not recommending it.

Mushie ideas-Fat free Hormel turkey chili with the Beans mashed really well. Add sour cream.

Chrissie, I'm not really good at following directions. I'm a rebel, LOL!!! I kind of sped up my post op diet a bit. I was supposed to do one week of clear fluids, one week of liquids, including cream Soups, etc, one week of mushies and then add the solids.

I did three days of Clear Liquids, then moved to the creamy stage for a few days, then the mushy stage. And I tinkered with solids a little bit. For example if my family was having chicken, I would take maybe two or three little bites and chew the heck out of them, then eat my Soup.< /span>

Since I had my fill, I was supposed to be on Clear Liquids for a week then gradually move at my own pace. My problem is, I'm going to an anniversary party on Saturday and I don't want to be a pain and ask the restaurant to make me something special. So I've been moving the process a little quicker. I immediately went to the creamy stage with no problem. Attempted solids and it hurt, so I'm waiting for a bit on that. I am able to do mushies though. I had an omelette with spinach, portobello mushrooms and asiago cheese last night and it went fine. I'm not sure if I'm restricted enough. I did notice that this time I only ate half my omlette when a week ago I almost ate the whole thing. I guess I'll have to see over the next week ago if I notice any difference. My surgeon said I can come back in if I don't feel restricted enough.

Jeez, it seem like we're all plateauing. (is that a word?) I haven't weighed myself since my fill, I'm trying to cut down, LOL!!!:biggrin1:

Thank you girls for all the help with the ticker link! I'm going to put it up tomorrow, I'm just too tired now.

LIBRA---thanks for sharing your fill story, thats what helps us later Aug. bandsters get ready for our next step. I'm so glad it went smoothly for you, what kind of post-op diet/eating did you follow? I thought you had to be on solids before the 1st fill, where you? it seems that the differences in Dr.s orders on pre and post op eating varies to an incredible EXTREME!

Im asking because I can never listen to anything Im told to do and have been "modifying" my diet since day one. In other words- cream soup @2 days pot-op cream of wheat,soft boiled eggs,etc. so now that Im @8 days ofcourse Ive already moved onto really "good stuff" I wont even go into what Ive been eating! It does scare me because I know its not allowed and I read all the post from the 'good' people who follow orders and are still on liquids or just starting mushies @ my stage. I have no restriction and no trouble getting anything down (never have) So thats why I'm asking how it went for you, did you go thru 'steps' in your post-op eating?

Sorry if this was rambling...Iam really tired! that anesteshia has really kicked my butt.

It sounds like EVERYONE is at a stand still with the scale, thats so odd since we are all at different stages. I have moved on to the purreed stage as of yesterday (just 2 days early, but I was starting to gag on soup!) and everything seems to be going down fine, I had veg. refried Beans with mushed up avacados for lunch and then a "purreed grilled cheese sandwich" for dinner. The grilled cheese sounded gross but it was actually very yummy, I decided that I am going to purree it with a little Tomato Soup next time instead of the milk! YUM I seem to have much more energy eating the purrees verses the liquids so thats good since my job is so demanding.

My gas pain is totally gone now and my port site is just a little tender at times still. The only pain I am having now is the incision right above my belly button, at work the counters are at the perfect height to hit it every time I do anything so I think it's just getting hit too much, any suggestions??? Other than that I'm feeling great and even though I havent lost in 5 days now I havent gained either, and I have been getting more and more people noticing the weight I have lost so thats good too!! I'm still looking to lose 8 lbs in Sept....I can't wait to start seeing the scale move again!

Woo-hoo - I found you all.

Day 3 post op, and I'm feeling pretty good. Sore left shoulder, lots of gas rumbling around and sore at the port site is about it. I'm not hungry yet, but I'm being careful to drink enough and get enough protien.

Serendipity- I think it's probably because none of us are filled yet so we don't have restriction.

Does anyone else feel like they are eating the same foods as before? I am eating smaller portions but I think it's more mental vs physical. I have eaten no food that make me feel like I have been banded.

Oh, I forgot to tell you all, I tied a tiny piece (maybe 1/2 inch square) of my son's pizza yesteday and it hurt like crazy!!! If felt like it got stuck and my chest was killing me for almost ten minutes then I gagged up some mucous. Then I felt fine. I'm going to be very wary of breads now. Imagine an italian girl not eating pizza and italian bread.< /span>:)

Oh, I forgot to tell you all, I tied a tiny piece (maybe 1/2 inch square) of my son's pizza yesteday and it hurt like crazy!!! If felt like it got stuck and my chest was killing me for almost ten minutes then I gagged up some mucous. Then I felt fine. I'm going to be very wary of breads now. Imagine an italian girl not eating pizza and italian bread.:girl_hug:

Oh Libra...be careful. You don't want that brand new band to slip. I'm so glad you feel fine now. You'll probably be able to have pizza a little later.

I am so jealous of those of you with less conservative doctors than mine. He's such a stickler...two weeks of liquids b4 surgery, 4 weeks of liquids after surgery and 2 weeks of mushies. Ugh. I feel absolutely no restriction right now, either....so I'm going through the Soup pretty fast. I try so hard to eat slowly but it's not a natural thing for me (understatement of the century).

I've been trying to keep my cals at about 1,000. Anyone else keeping track of their cals on Fitday or some other way? What do you guys think you're consuming cal-wise?

BTW, I read some of those hateful posts on the other threads & I kept thinking to myself - "where's a thread killer when you need one?". :rolleyes: So glad it's over and done with and really glad we have a haven of sanity right here with the ABC Club. :clap2:

I had a NSV last night. I went to a fancy sit down dinner at a country club down the hill. When everyone sat down to dinner, I got in my car, came up the hill to my house, heated up Soup, ate it, got back into my car and drove back to the club in time for their dessert. No one was the wiser. Pretty good, huh? I was really sweating that, and it turned out to be nothing. On top of that, I went to a huge bar b que today and stuck with my soup. Carried it around in a mug and other than drooling on a few people's hamburgers, I was fine. I can't say I didn't lust for their food, 'cause I did. I just lived through it and came out unscathed. Pretty nice feeling.

Later!

Diva Girl,

Good for you. It's not easy to be good when everyone around you is eating. You really did well here. You should be proud of yourself. That wasn't easy, I know.

Cheers to you honey for sticking with the program!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I'm also glad we have our safe haven here with the ABC club!!! This is always my first stop on this board, to see how everyone is doing and to fill you all in on my experiences. Thanks to everyone here for supporting one another.:biggrin1:

DIVA GIRL---you desirve a huge gold star!!*****

you should be very proud of your self control,and dedication. We all know just how hard that is to "walk away" and you did it twice! a sit down dinner AND a BBQ..... you ROCK!