Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC September Chat

Hey Chrissie---If you go to the lap band FAQ--there is a thread in there that lets you know how to do the ticker thing. Make sure when you cut it you do not cut the url. then paste to your sig, then make sure you save sig. It is a little complicated--but that thread really explains it well!!

BTW--I did get your note--thanks! Weird about the fainting thing--never did it before from drawing blood--just the excitement of getting the band! lol

How are you feeling? Hope well!

Joliesmom--Dr. Miranda didn't tell me about the Tomato Soup early! Did she even tell you (or any ORTIZ patient) when we could do mushies? The instructions pretty much go from 1 week Clear liquids, 1 week add Protein shakes, and next week add Tomato Soup. Do we even get a mushie stage? I sure would like it now!!! I am finally hungry!!

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Hey guys! 3 days post op. =)

I have been reading that you guys are plateauing. I was reading the previous bandsters chat and it seems pretty common to have a weight plateau at this point, but they all felt like their clothes were still getting looser and they were losing inches. Who ever said keep an eye out for NSV was right on the target!

I slept 18 hours today! I could not bring myself to get out of bed, but amazingly after I woke up I felt fantastic. Some of the muscles that were hurting me yesterday aren't nearly as sore. A little bit of my swelling has gone down.

I have a very weak stomach from having camplobacteria when I was in the military. Its like solmanilla (sp?) but with beef instead of chicken. The drs. told me that its not curable and I will always have a bit of the bacteria in my stomach. Meaning that, I would be super sensitive to bacteria that other people might not even notice. Well, given that, I thought this was going to be a very rough ride for me. It really hasn't, so I am a bit shocked that my body was as receptive to the band as it was.

I don't have to for four more days, but I feel like I could go back to work tomorrow if I HAD to.

BTW, I am only 3 days out and feel like im starving. I guess my mind is still hungry because I do get the pressure in the chest area between my boobs when I'm full. Funny that my mind is convinced I could eat anything and everything. In a way, that proves that my weight problem is definitely a mental drive to eat not a physical drive to eat.

Hi all! I banded! still at the hotel in TJ. It was a great experience and I woudl reccomend Dr. Ortiz to anyone. There are 5 other women here so it has been nice to compare notes. I'm just a little sore - not even sore - just kind of an awareness. But overall I feel really good. I had a little beef broth and I feel some faint tightness in my chest. I think that is fullness? I was so terrified the night before. I was so close to just concelling the fear was so bad. But as soon as Mrs. Ortiz picked us up I felt totally at ease. Thanks for the support from all of you!

Joliesmom--Dr. Miranda didn't tell me about the Tomato Soup early! Did she even tell you (or any ORTIZ patient) when we could do mushies? The instructions pretty much go from 1 week Clear Liquids, 1 week add Protein shakes, and next week add Tomato Soup. Do we even get a mushie stage? I sure would like it now!!! I am finally hungry!!

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Sorry Trizzy she said no mushie stage..She said if you can drink it through a straw you can have it. Well refried Beans if enough sour cream is added and pureed would go through a straw...maybe a large bore straw but a straw. I was starving by 10 day mark, I ate pureed thinned Soups and felt much better. Good luck ( I still believe Dr Miranda is a bit sadistic:) )

Hi all! I banded! still at the hotel in TJ. It was a great experience and I woudl reccomend Dr. Ortiz to anyone. There are 5 other women here so it has been nice to compare notes. I'm just a little sore - not even sore - just kind of an awareness. But overall I feel really good. I had a little beef broth and I feel some faint tightness in my chest. I think that is fullness? I was so terrified the night before. I was so close to just concelling the fear was so bad. But as soon as Mrs. Ortiz picked us up I felt totally at ease. Thanks for the support from all of you!

Congratulations!! Enjoy the shopping and the lucerna!!

I too have not lost weight this week. My goal for Oct. 1 will be 12 lbs. I have my first fill the week of the 20th, I think. You guys are doing great!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Ticker help

1. First copy the URL from the ticker factory. To place a ticker on the lapband forum, go to Quick Link, then go to Edit Signature, move your cursor to the spot in your signature area where you want the ticker to appear, then above the box you will see a row of icons, click the icon which allows you insert image or picture (it has a mountain with a small box in the corner), a little box will appear asking for the URL, paste the URL from the ticker factory there, and hit enter, your ticker will appear.

2. To get a new ticker, go to Ticker factory, put in new weight, hit enter, and new ticker will appear with new URL. Copy the URL and repeat step 1. You must do this each time you want to change the ticker in your signature area.

I strongly suggest that you do Step 1 before Step 2. Each time I tried to delete the old ticker and then paste the new one, it would not allow me to paste the new URL. I had to delete the old ticker and save the changes first and then paste the new URL in.

Can anyone tell me how to do the darn ticker?!?!?!

I feel so plain up there!

Thought I'd just chime in here and add my 2 cents. My goal for Sept will be 12 lbs. At surgery date I was 232.4 on August 28th, today I'm at 230.6, so I'm down just a few. After surgery I did go up to 234. My goal for Sept will be to be in the teens, 219!

A brief update on me 5 days post op. I am still having excruiating gas pains. Passing the gas helps immensely, but I'm having trouble doing that consistently. I can feel it moving around in my back and sides but can't get it down. I'm taking Phazyme and gas x (chewables and softgels) with minimal relief.

On another point, I also think I might be dehydrated as I'm having a difficult time making myself drink Water. It really weird because when I really think about it, I don't know if I'm in pain, because 1) It's hunger pangs, 2) lack of Water - causing kidneys to hurt, or 3) really is gas pains. So I'm going to work extra hard today to increase my water intake and walk even more.

I really expected to feel better by now, but I think yesterday was worst than the day of surgery for me. My incisions don't hurt, the pain is mostly in my back and sides. Other than that, I'm doing fine. No vomitting, no sneezing.

Goal for Sept...into the teens 11 -12 lbs

Hi guys,

I'm post surgery day 3 and have a couple of questions.

1)Whenever I eat (yogurt today) or drink the Isopure I get this wierd thing in my esophagus, kinda like spasms trying to get the food to go down. Does anyone else get that?

2) Is everyone doing chewable Vitamins? I was told I could do the flintstones chewables or crush my regular Vitamins, but either way I get nauseous.

3) How long does it take for the swelling to go down? My stomach is pretty swollen, like a 6 or 7 month pregnant belly....

Also, I'd like to add that when I came home from surgery I had gained from 275 to 279, but now I am at 271! I'd like to be 259 or 260 by October 1st, is that possible?

Connie

Whimsicalclay,

Remember that weight loss is hard when you have no fill, and as you advance your diet it may stop or slow. Good luck but don't get discouraged if the loss slows. There was recently a post telling us newbies that we need to heal the first 6 weeks. Walking helped the most with any gas pains I had, be prepared day 6 was my worst day for left shoulder pain. Good luck!!

Queen we couldn't start the party without you. I'm hoping for 10lbs by Oct 1st. I lost 19lbs before surgery and only 2lbs more since then. I have a post op visit scheduled for 9/15 and hopefully a fill the following week. I currently have absolutely no restriction.

DAMN GIRL, YOU'RE DOING GOOD!!!

19 POUNDS PRE OP? I'M IMPRESSED!!!

"WE" CAN DO THIS!!!

I felt 5 months pregnant for about 1 1/2 weeks. I gained about 4 pounds post surgery but it was gone in about 3 days. I definitely think you have reasonable October 1 goal. Be sure to drink very slowly - that may be causing the feeling you are having. I take a chewable Vitamin but I chew it to a pulp.

quote=Happy2BMe]Hi guys,

1)Whenever I eat (yogurt today) or drink the Isopure I get this wierd thing in my esophagus, kinda like spasms trying to get the food to go down. Does anyone else get that?

2) Is everyone doing chewable Vitamins? I was told I could do the flintstones chewables or crush my regular Vitamins, but either way I get nauseous.

3) How long does it take for the swelling to go down? My stomach is pretty swollen, like a 6 or 7 month pregnant belly....

Also, I'd like to add that when I came home from surgery I had gained from 275 to 279, but now I am at 271! I'd like to be 259 or 260 by October 1st, is that possible?

Connie

Hi guys,

3) How long does it take for the swelling to go down? My stomach is pretty swollen, like a 6 or 7 month pregnant belly...

Connie

Connie,

I am 4 days today too, Congratulations!

1. Make sure you aren't eating too fast. I take one bite every minute or almost a minute. Actually I just lick the spoon, I don't actually take a full bite. I had (and still am) having a hard time slowing down at first, if I catch myself eating too fast the same thing happens to me.

2. I am eating a chewable Vitamin too, I didn't take vitamins before or I would be crushing my old ones to save money.

3. My stomach looks about 7 months pregnant too.

Seems like everything is normal for you, just need to slow down and eat smaller bites. I tried eating a 1/2 cup of Soup for dinner last night and I could only eat 1/2 of it so 1/4 cup of Soup was my dinner. I still almost felt a PB coming on from just the 1/4 cup. If you feel any kind of pressure between your boobs, that is your signal to stop eating.

Queen,

19lbs pre-op= STARVATION for fear that my liver would be too fat. Someone should have told me years ago that it was only my liver that was fat:p . When do you go back for your fill?