Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't wait till my year is up to get pregnant! I told myself I didn't want to have kids passed 30 and I am turning 32 in November and still have to wait till I am fully healed before I can get pregnant but I hope and pray when I am able to that I actually do!

Hey, not to worry. I am now 48 and my one daughter is 14. I have plenty of energy to keep up with her and to be honest, I am not the oldest mom when it comes to the kids in her class. It is not so strange to be an older mom. When she was 5, I adopted a 14 year old. So now I have a 14 year old and a 22 year old in college. Add to that the fact that she is Guatemalan and do we get stared at!!!! I am also a single mom. You will do fine. I know you have to wait but I am sending lots of pregnancy wishes to you to hang on to until it is time. I hope you love being a mom as much as I do. All my best to you.

All of those things are so true!

I will add that it will be nice to be stared at because I'm a hot chick with a bunch of tattoos, instead of because I'm a huge chick with a bunch of tattoos. It would also feel nice not feeling trapped in my body.

I'm afraid my boobs won't shrink though. Several years ago I went through a divorce and lost 150 pounds from the stress (I gained it back, and more), and my boobs did not shrink. Band size went down, but cup size remained the same :blink:

I can't wait till my year is up to get pregnant! I told myself I didn't want to have kids passed 30 and I am turning 32 in November and still have to wait till I am fully healed before I can get pregnant but I hope and pray when I am able to that I actually do!

I said the same thing and i turn 32 in November myself! haha So it looks like ill have to wait until im 33 but its still doable. I heard losing weight can make you very fertile so i wish you luck on that! :)

Great list. Definitely going to take some of what you listed & add a few of my own & give it to family that can't understand (*facepalm*) why I want WLS.

Good luck! Honey and congratulations on taking the positive steps in your life to be a MOM!

OMG too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . I agree with most of the points and don't miss being fat at all. I LOVE my new body, attitude and sleeve.

Amen you said it all!!!!!!

Hello, I was wondering how you are doing after surgery. Hope to hear from you soon. Can't wait to see you in September's support group meeting. Guess what my date was moved up from the 31st to the 1st.

• Being short of breath
  • Sweating…all of the time
  • Constantly self-conscious
  • Worrying about eating in front of others
  • Being squished in an airplane, Angel Game, Concerts, etc.
  • Worrying about fitting in rides at Disneyland
  • Obsessing about food
  • Physical pain; arms, shoulders, back, knees, etc.
  • Going to the restroom more easily
  • Wearing flats or ugly shoes because high heels are exhausting
  • Missing out on life
  • Comparing myself to every other woman
  • Feeling lazy or tired all of the time
  • Not being able to keep up
  • Shopping at fat-kid stores
  • Not fitting into CLOTHES!
  • Hating my reflection in the mirror when I am naked, I literally cringe and look away
  • Jiggly arms
  • My legs rubbing together, holy rash
  • Tugging at my clothes to hide the bells rolls
  • Laying on the bed to button pants and then being in pain all day from sucking it in
  • Bathing suits!
  • People thinking “she has a great personality”….there’s more under there!
  • Faking happiness
  • Getting my hair as big as possible to off-set my double chins
  • Not ever being in “the mood”
  • Being the fat kid in the family
  • Dreading people’s reaction when they are next to me on a plane
  • Knocking over things because my ass has a mind of its own
  • Long showers and needing a nap after them
  • Sitting on my husband’s lap
  • Not afraid to squish my husband
  • Getting my back fat played like a wash board
  • Children asking if I can even be tickled through all of that fat
  • Looking at the “skinny’ clothes in my closet….loathe
  • Having to return an outfit because the person thought I was a much smaller size
  • Knowing that stepping on the scale means I’ll be eating a **** ton of ice cream and in a deep depression that night
  • Pretending I know about nutrition when my doctors lecture
  • Thinking if I just lost the weight, I’d be able to tackle the world
  • Society assuming I am a lazy pig
  • Not chasing my dreams of performing because the anxiety of being on display is crippling
  • Being too big to zipline in Maui
  • Being too big to horseback ride in Maui
  • Being too out of breath to hike down to the blow hole
  • Wearing tights and just dying to rip them off at the end of the day
  • Never wearing shorts
  • Wearing dresses to hide my figure
  • Online dating and picture a great picture of my face, getting to the date only panicked because I know they will be disappointed with the rest of me
  • Having to buy a circus tent to use as a bra
  • My husband saying I have sleep apnea
  • Being the one who would rather take the picture then be in the picture
  • Breaking a glass table from sitting on it
  • Not wrapping my arms around my husband
  • Being able to balance, I swear my stomach throws me off balance
  • Shopping in the maternity section when your coworkers pregnant sister has the same dress
  • My cankles!
  • Wide shoes
  • Anything stretchy
  • Someone asking where I got that cute shirt and lying because I don’t want to tell them a fat kid store
  • BBW- I HATE the acronym for “big beautiful woman!”
  • Never cutting my hair so it can hide my face and back fat
  • Being the big bride
  • Not crossing my legs…..because I can’t
  • Sitting and using my belly as a table
  • Doing everything I can to avoid bending over because let’s face it, it’s freakin’ hard to get back up
  • Feeling miserably ill after eating too much
  • Realizing I am more likely to miscarry when pregnant
  • PCOS
  • Wanting a baby so badly, but worried about the high risk pregnancy
  • Stretch marks
  • Feeling my stomach sitting on my lap when I sit down (my fanny pack)
  • Ditching my high school reunion because I didn’t want to be the girl who gained 100 lbs. in 10 years
  • My boobs crowding my throat
  • My wedding ring never coming off because it keeps getting tighter
  • Not being able to see my feet
  • Not being able to give myself a pedicure without sweating and being short of breath!

What a great list! I haven't been sleeved yet, but am working through the process and trying to lose the required weight before surgery. I work from home and have been sitting here wanting to eat ALL AFTERNOON. This post just got me over that because it reminded why I'm on this journey. Thank you justmenandmysleeve!!!

this is great and so on point. I love a great sense of humor and your post not says a lot of the same things that some of us hate about being fat but its funny too. thanks

I have to admit I love myself, just the way I am because I'm a beautiful woman, but I agree I'm uncomfortable. I'm at my heaviest and I'm only 27. I've always been thicker and being from the south, thick supersedes skinny any day. I'm tired of being a slave to my weight, I'm ready to be free from health issues, "the plus size section" at stores, and restricting my overall character for fear of being the big girl that shouldn't wear that, eat that, or move like that.

This is THE list! Thx for expressing how so many of us feel. My surgery is set for August 29. Can't wait to start kissing that list goodbye!

This is THE list! Thx for expressing how so many of us feel. My surgery is set for August 29. Can't wait to start kissing that list goodbye!