Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 5-5 Update (5 Months 5 Days!) Regret, Reality And The Rules!

Hello my wonderful Sleeve family!!!!

This is my update at 5 months, 5 days!!! It seems like only yesterday I was complaining about my 6 month pre-op program... and now, I'm over 5 months out!!!

Let me say, I love SLEEVINA!!! She's saved my life.. but I have to admit she SLAYS me sometimes... but keeps me in line!!!

Regrets:... Just 1.. well, maybe 2... first, I wish I would have worked a little hard during my 6 month MSWL program.. especially with exercise... the only other regret is that I wasn't open with a lot of my family and friends from the beginning, thus missing out of their support from the beginning...

Reality:... LOL... well, I'm not the same person I was physically, emotionally or socially... I was prepared for the physical.. well, a little.. but the emotional upheaval that has transpired in my life has been healthy, hard and very necessary.. I believe I am a better person.. more grounded, compassionate and active in trying to help others make decisions that will transform their lives... The social aspect is a trip... mainly because.. I've always been a social butterfly, now... it's crazy the attention and stuff.. needless to say, I'm a little flattered and lot suspicious!!! LOL...

I've resigned myself to wearing dresses for the summer!!! I've not lost my luscious legs (Thank God!!)... I'm not including numbers in this update.. I'm doing weight and measurements for my 6 month post op update...

Rules: I cannot miss my water!! I cannot eat cake (I was, not Sleevina doesn't like sweets anymore YEAH!! Boo!!) LOL..

I just want to encourage those who need it... You can do this... Each day, each minute, dedicate yourself to the process of transformation, the work and yourself!!!

Love and hugs!!

Tina

Tina ~ I love who you are and you share such awesome stuff. You are such a positive person! Keep being you! You are beautiful...... ;)

Awwww.. thanks so much!!! I'm trying... most days I succeed.. .. You're doing awesome!!!! 20 pounds from goal!! YEAH!!!!!!

Great attitude. Rock your sleevina!

Tina, I'm so glad I found you. I love your 3Rs and I can hardly wait for your 6-month update. I'm getting Evie June 7th so I'll be looking for your words of wisdom.

G.

This is my update at 5 months' date=' 5 days!!! It seems like only yesterday I was complaining about my 6 month pre-op program... and now, I'm over 5 months out!!!

Let me say, I love SLEEVINA!!! She's saved my life.. but I have to admit she SLAYS me sometimes... but keeps me in line!!!

Regrets:... Just 1.. well, maybe 2... first, I wish I would have worked a little hard during my 6 month MSWL program.. especially with exercise... the only other regret is that I wasn't open with a lot of my family and friends from the beginning, thus missing out of their support from the beginning...

Reality:... LOL... well, I'm not the same person I was physically, emotionally or socially... I was prepared for the physical.. well, a little.. but the emotional upheaval that has transpired in my life has been healthy, hard and very necessary.. I believe I am a better person.. more grounded, compassionate and active in trying to help others make decisions that will transform their lives... The social aspect is a trip... mainly because.. I've always been a social butterfly, now... it's crazy the attention and stuff.. needless to say, I'm a little flattered and lot suspicious!!! LOL...

I've resigned myself to wearing dresses for the summer!!! I've not lost my luscious legs (Thank God!!)... I'm not including numbers in this update.. I'm doing weight and measurements for my 6 month post op update...

Rules: I cannot miss my water!! I cannot eat cake (I was, not Sleevina doesn't like sweets anymore YEAH!! Boo!!) LOL..

I just want to encourage those who need it... You can do this... Each day, each minute, dedicate yourself to the process of transformation, the work and yourself!!!

Love and hugs!!

Tina[/quote']

I'm so happy for you, I can't wait till its my turn to finally be happy & feel healthy. I just finished my 6 months insurance requirement, now I'm waiting for an approval.

This is my update at 5 months' date=' 5 days!!! It seems like only yesterday I was complaining about my 6 month pre-op program... and now, I'm over 5 months out!!!

Love and hugs!!

Tina[/quote']

I'm so happy for you, I can't wait till its my turn to finally be happy & feel healthy. I just finished my 6 months insurance requirement, now I'm waiting for an approval.

I'm very excited for you! Congrats on your journey so far! :D

Your positivity and attitude is amazing. People that are just starting the journey definitely could learn a lot from you. I agree with working hard during the six month pre approval phase and I'm grateful I have worked hard, it's making this next phase of shakes only for 14 days a little easier I think. I am used to exercising now and even though I do feel much more tired and crankier on the pre-op shakes, I'm still exercising and not cheating.

Good for you and thanks for your wonderful perspective!

Congrats girl, keep up the good work.

Thats so funny I named my sleeve Sleevina!

What a great post!

I admire any of you that can succeed at losing anything in the 6 months pre-op phase. It wasn't required by my insurance, and I was actually GAINING weight in the months leading up to surgery. My eating was out of control and no matter what i tried, i just couldn't seem to reign it in.

I too am so happy with my sleeve and will be six months out June 12. These are happy days!