Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

To insert your ticker go to user cp at the top of the screen when u get there click on edit signature, that is where you paste your ticker. I got my ticker at www.TickerFactory.com

I hope this helps.:)

Hey to everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. All is ok in Lama World. Finally got my treadmill out of the basement!:clap2:

Hi Tracicat! Welcome aboard.

I was banded on 9/11. My story is so similar to everyone else's - although I did spend the night and took all the pain and anti-nausea meds they offered. The shoulder pain and bloating were the worst issues for me. When I walked and lifted my arms up and down, it definitely gave me relief from the shoulder pain - which, by the way intensified when I ate or drank anything.

On my post-op diet list they had recommended liquid Tylenol and chewable Vitamins. I couldn't gag either down! I now have gummi Vitamins and they are no problem at all. And today after reading all about it here, I bought Tylenol meltaways (for youngin's) I don't know if there is an adult form, but my store only had stuff for kids. Haven't tried them yet.

Whhich takes us to the part where I had read so many accounts of the liquid pain reliever that the doc prescribed being an "horrible" experience, I didn't use ANY. I toughed it out and right now, I'm glad I did.

My surgery was on Monday - by the following Sunday nite, I was almost a new woman. The pain in my shoulder and back subsided, the bloating wasn't as bad, and I was able to sleep pretty much however I wanted - with attending pillows here and there.

My biggest help aide was an IPOD with Mozart music everytime I tried to sleep, even in the hospital. It got to the point where I fell asleep at the sound of the first strands of that clarinet. Sounds silly to some of you, I'm sure, but I read about it and there are studies to support the claim of faster healing!

Good luck to all of you who are joining LapBandLand soon - the painful part is only really about a week and it turns out that we all seem to be able to handle it - reading about it here sure helps!!

Well, I go to my first post-op appointment tomorrow, and I'm hoping he will give me a fill because my swelling restriction is GONE. It's only been a little over two weeks, but the nurse said she thinks he will go ahead and do the fill because I live so far away (Knoxville to Nashville) and also because I don't have restriction. In fact, I think my restriction was gone after about three days. A few days after that I was eating Wendy's chili with no problem, and now I can pretty much eat whatever I want to. Not good.

Kinda nervous about the first fill. Do I have to strip? My port is in my sternum area right under my boobs, ugh. I hope it doesn't hurt. I don't think I will like needles in my stomach area. Never had it done, but I'm just assuming I won't like it at all.

I'll let y'all know how it goes tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone who was banded today, and g'luck to those this week!!

Mallorie

I love fitday. It helps me keep everything in line, in particular this first post op week I was trying to keep my eye on eating enough calories. Most days I'm close to 400, but yesterday I wasn't even at 300.

Have fun with it.

BTW, any other fitday users out there? I only use the free online version, but was curious if anyone bought the downloadable version and how they are different.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I'm now day 2 of being an official bandster. It went terrific. I went in to the operating room at 11:15 and woke up in recovery at 1:10. I had some adhesions from an old gallbladder surgery. Felt like I was punched in the stomach so they gave me some meds. Started to feel a tiny bit nauseau and felt preventive was the way to go so told them. At 2:00 went for the wonderful upper GI, love that stuff NOT. By 2:30 I was on the short stay unit. They had to stop my 3rd bag of fluids since my glucose level went up to 155. Had my liquid meal around 5:00, got another dose of Reglan for nausea just in case, home by 7:10 p.m. and felt great. Had a touch of gas pain behind left boob, took my oxycodone at bedtime, even though I didn't need it and slept great. Today, I feel like I never had surgery (this was my 10th and by far the easiest) Feel no restriction so far, walked by 4 times, no gas pains, a little bruisy feeling on left side and could even sleep flat and on my stomach. I feel very lucky so far, knock on wood. My coughing is coming back, I was getting sick the Friday before surgery, so I was put on augmentim?

One thing I have noticed on this forum and mentioned to my nutritionist is all the different procedures doctors have. I think since lap band is getting so popular, the medical community will eventually set up some guidelines regarding nutrition, exercise, procedures, etc. My DR Greene, Rockville, MD, is very strict and conservative. I had to be on 1 shake a day as soon as I saw him in July, then 2 shakes a day when I was given a surgery date (8/11) and on 9/4 had to start all liquids. Post op I have 2 weeks liquids, maybe adding sf pudding if inflamation is down after 1 week post op, then mushie food for 2 weeks (no Pasta, potatoes, bread, starch) then 30 days post op I can start with chicken, ham and 60 days post op red meat and salads FINALLY. Can't have fruit for 1 year. He puts us on 70 gms Protein, 30 gms carbs, 1000 cal/day, basically the south beach diet.

I also started seeing a nurse who works with another hospital's bariatric group that only does by pass and is also a licensed therapist. I realized that for this weight loss to work for me, because I know I can lose the weight, I just cant keep it off, I'm an emotional eater, not one of the lucky ones that stop eating...I need to work on changing the way I feel about food!!! How will I reward myself? In the past, after I weighed in at Weight Watchers, I would go to dinner and eat anything I wanted, then next day back on. Then something would happen in my life, like everyone else, and I would emotionally eat......So, I'm hoping to change this part of me, while losing weight on my diet..

For those of you waiting to have the surgery, good luck. Make the most of this. Everbody goes through this in their own way.

Well, I go to my first post-op appointment tomorrow, and I'm hoping he will give me a fill because my swelling restriction is GONE. It's only been a little over two weeks, but the nurse said she thinks he will go ahead and do the fill because I live so far away (Knoxville to Nashville) and also because I don't have restriction. In fact, I think my restriction was gone after about three days. A few days after that I was eating Wendy's chili with no problem, and now I can pretty much eat whatever I want to. Not good.

Kinda nervous about the first fill. Do I have to strip? My port is in my sternum area right under my boobs, ugh. I hope it doesn't hurt. I don't think I will like needles in my stomach area. Never had it done, but I'm just assuming I won't like it at all.

I'll let y'all know how it goes tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone who was banded today, and g'luck to those this week!!

Mallorie

Isnt Chili considered more then a liquid? I thought a liquid is something you can pour and drink? Maybe I missed something?:)

To insert your ticker go to user cp at the top of the screen when u get there click on edit signature, that is where you paste your ticker. I got my ticker at www.TickerFactory.com

I hope this helps.:)

Hey to everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. All is ok in Lama World. Finally got my treadmill out of the basement!:clap2:

I did everything Ithought I needed to do but still I cant get a ticker to work for me.

What http:// do you use for your ticker link? They give you 3 kinds and used the http one. I filled it in and it is still not working. I thought I had some computer ability but this has just got me stumped.....:):D :D

i needed step by step instructions!!!!! Help me anyone?

I was banded yesterday and expect to be discharged later today. my surgeon said everything went swimmingly and i am surprised by how little pain i am in. can't wait to start losing!

I did everything Ithought I needed to do but still I cant get a ticker to work for me.

What http:// do you use for your ticker link? They give you 3 kinds and used the http one. I filled it in and it is still not working. I thought I had some computer ability but this has just got me stumped.....:):D :D

i needed step by step instructions!!!!! Help me anyone?

Here is a link for a thread with step by step ticker directions.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16218

Let me know if you are still having problems.

I too am hoping for an early fill - I was banded 9/1 and am now able to eat just about anything I try - except I don't try much b/c I don't want that stuck/pb feeling - had it once and it was horrible!!

Sue

9/1/06

Dr. de la Garza

214/194/145