Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Good luck everyone! Going through the month with everyone has been so great, hearing everyone get though this well is making me so much less nervous, scared, and I am excited to go forward with this...

CONGRATS on your surgery today!!!:rolleyes: It will be over before ya know it, can't wait to hear how things went. You can add me to your list, I got banded a week ago on 9/5.-Brian

Hello all September bandsters! What a wonderful day! I was banded Sept 8 and I must say it gets better every day. Today I can drink so much more and without the air bubble that goes with it. I will be going back to work tomorrow for a little while. That's how good I feel. I' am praying for all of you, I know you will do fine through it all, just be a little patient (no pun intended :() Think happy thoughts. God Bless!

Finished all my pre-op visits. Waiting on approval from insurance. I already had gastric bypass in 2002. My pouch is twice the size it should be and my stoma is wide opened. Looking forward to getting banded, and getting back on track.

Had surgery today at about 10:30 and left the hospital at 5:00. All in all it went very well. I just took my first dose of pain meds. I did have some dry heaving in the recovery room, so they added anti nausa to my IV. I'm pretty swollen near my port, and pretty slow getting up & down from bed/chair/car. I plan on going to sleep very soon :notagree so I will give everyone a better update tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and prayers. My DH was great today. If any of you remember, he was very much the reluctant husband and felt there were better choices then WLS, but he came through with flying colors. I couldn't have picked a better or more supportive husband.:clap2:

Thanks!

Yeah!! Glad everything went well!! Heal quickly best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Wow want2lose Congratulations. You too BigBZ. How long were you out of work? Or are you still?

I had my last pre-op appointment today. Finished the blood work and got an OK from the Gyn Dr. Looks like I'm a go for the 28th.

The pre-op diet seems to be working. I'm down 10 lbs.

Best of luck on Thursday gonnabethin and everyone else going in the next few days!

i just found out that i will have my pre op on monday the18th and my banding on the 28 th of september have been battling insurence for 3 years its been a long road cant hardly wate look foward to see how every one dose so september banders its our turn:clap2:

Want2lose, so happy you're home and recovering. Wishing you a very speedy recovery. You may be better off coming home after the surgery. Staying at the hospital overnight was the worst. NO SLEEP! Rest and Relax.

Okay you guys... one more bandster in the mix. I was a 9/11 girl with a hiatal hernia repair.

I was very pleased to hear from the doc that the hernia was a very small one and only required one stitch to fix it.

I too have to have help getting up out of bed or a chair. I spent the night and didn't even make my DH stay there with me. I felt like a big girl after that.

I am extremely sore and unfortunately haven't reached the "gassy" stage yet. I mean I'm sure it's there, my tummy is very bloated and I have the pain in my shoulder. I will be a much happier camper when I get rid of that.

I haven't had much - the day of surgery just ice chips and about 3 tiny bites of s/f Jello. Yuk. Today after coming home I had about a sip or 2 of chicken broth, a couple of bites of a s/f popsicle (which I usually like) and tried to drink some peppermint tea - blah. I'm a little hungry but don't want to eat anything. The inside of my mouth tastes like a battalion of army marched through it.

Ok now my back is hurting. Guess I'm pushing my luck. I know I'll feel better tomorrow. Good luck to those of you who haven't joined "the club" yet. BJ

WELCOME TO BANDLAND. Happy to hear you're out of the hospital and recovering. Take it easy and don't push yourself.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Regards,

It is 8:22pm. I have been poked, prodded, exercised, tested and tried. I have been cleared by the internest, cardiologist, psychologist, dietician, program coordinator, and surgeon. I have begged, borrowed and sweated blood for the money to pay for it. I have completed 2 weeks of Atkins and 2 days of Clear Liquids. Tomorrow is band day. Wooohooooo!!! Say a prayer, wish me luck. I'll tell you all about it later. Katt

Wow...hard to believe this month is almost half over already....and more and more of us are reaching the banded side.

Keep the faith..we will all do great!:cheer2: :llama:

Only two more days of Optifast hell for me! yeah!!!! :clap2: