Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I had my surgery on Sept 6. I was uncomfortable for first few days. I still can't sleep while. I have moved from the recliner now I am just sleeping sitting up in my bed. It is too painful to sleep on my rt side. I just went back to work today. I did a full day. I just wasn't able to go back Monday. I probably could have made it but why rush it. I took Monday and Tuesday to begin to move around more, driving, and getting ready for a full day of work. My port site is still sore. But the doctor's office said that to be expected.

So glad things went well. I like to see that its really not that bad.

I have spoken to anesthesia this evening and Im scheduled for 0930 in the am!! I am ready- really no appetite and certainly no last meal- I dont want to create problems for tomorrow!! I have taken a moderate dose of simethicone and have some for tomorrow. As soon as I am awake I will be UP AND MOVING!!:clap2:

I can't believe I did it. I may be having a bit of buyer's remorse. Surgery went fine - coming out of the anaesthesia wasn’t fun – don’t like that feeling – I think I still feel some of it in me. I get up every hour and walk for 10 min (active walking) – think that’s enough? My stomach is gurgling and gurgling nonstop. I stayed in the hospital one night and felt fine – sipping on Water, juice and popsicles. Tried a little Jello and chicken broth – seemed okay. Got home and had some strained pea Soup – probably too much – feel nauseas since then – hours and hours ago. Can’t get rid of a headache – taking liquid Tylenol – the liquid vicadin makes me feel too queasy. Complaining too much? I'm not in any real pain - my side is real sore - but nothing I wouldn't expect. I just feel wiped out - very vunerable.

I'm sure it will get better.

Momofmany- Thinking of you as today is our day!!!

I will post as soon as Im home My doctor requires an overnight stay.

See you guys tomorrow!! Maybe tonight if the hospital has wireless!!

Thanks for sharing - I am scheduled for Sept 21 and I hope everything goes smooth - I am taking your advice and moving/walking right away!

I was banded on sept 8th. It has been 5 days now. I have bad pain still, couldn't get up out of bed by myself for 4 days. This hurt alot more than I thought it was going to. The liquid vicidin taste terrible, have gone thru 1 1/2 bottles so far. I am now trying blended (magic bullet) chicken veg. Soup had it last night tasted pretty good. I have had popsicles, one Jello and lots of Water and Protein Drinks. At the place I am at right now if I had it to do over again I would NOT have done this. I am hoping in another week or so I will feel better and have a better outlook. Have no idea if I have lost weight yet too painful to move much.

Patty

I'm sorry this has been so painful for you:cry . Have you been able to do much walking? Getting out of bed has been very tough for me too, but today was much easier. I'm still very bloated and swollen in my port area. I have been taking tons of Gas X, and haven't had any of the shoulder pain that others write about. I didn't notice any difference between the hydrocodone and tylenol for pain management, so I switched to tylenol yesterday, and my head is feeling much clearer.

Hang in there!

I am so upset- The hospital dropped the program and is refusing to do any more lap bands there. I had 8 days and am on my liquid diet already. Now I don't know what is going to happen. My sweetiepie called and gave them a new a**hole and is demanding they honor my surgery date, but I don't know if they will. We are self payers and have already spent so much in this program- I just cannot afford to start over. I am just so upset and dissapointed, I was almost in bandland...

Diane,

I feel soooooo bad for you :omg: . What did they tell your husband? Stay on them, this just isn't right. What is your surgeon saying? Does he have privleges at another local hospital? Keep us updated. I'll say a prayer that it all works out.

The stupid nurse who was supposed to place the plastic catheter for the IV right before surgery blew through my vein in my right hand. So then she put it in my left hand. I told everybody I could tell that it hurt like hell and that it wasn't right. They all said it's okay, it will start feeling better in a while, that "we just added some strong meds to the IV."

Well, that evening when there was a nursing shift change, my new nurse came in and discovered that the IV fluids that I should have had during surgery went all into my hand and arm. The catheter wasn't even in a vein. They took it out and put another one in my arm. My hand and arm were puffed up like nothing you can imagine. I keep wondering what meds I was supposed to have in surgery that I didn't get.

WOW! I'm so sorry to hear about your IV.

I have been taking lots of gas x strips to help with my bloating. The gas is finally moving out ;) and I am able to move around better. I have been walking some, but it has been raining for 2 days, so my walking has been primarily around the house.

I can't imagine how some are going to work already. You guys are awsome. I don't think I could face real clothes yet. I'm still in sweats and a t-shirt.

I do have a sizeable swollen lump (grapefruit size) where I'm assuming my port is. It is very firm, as opposed to the gas bloat on the other side. Does anyone else have anything like that?

Surgery for me was Tuesday (day 1), day 2 was primarily resting, taking gas-x, and walking around the house. Today (Day 3) I'm moving much better, and am able to stand up without too much pain. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Hi everyone..

want2lose, I do still have some major bloating. I cant wait to that part goes away! My port incision area seems to be the same as the other areas though (not a grapefruit!)...

Good luck everyone over the past couple of days and going forward!!

Sherry

I too was banded 9-11, and I am bloated and sore also. Woke up this morning sick to my stomach. Really, really do not want to vomit. Ok so I'm new and I can't fiqure out some of the lingo here. Can someone tell me please what pb stands for also dh or any other abb.

Going out for a walk, hopefully get rid of that yucky gassy feeling.

A suggestion for the gas! There are many homeopathics you can use for gas one is called carbo veg and Hyland's, Gas which has Nux Moschata 3X HPUS, Asafoetida 3X HPUS, Ignatia Amara 3X HPUS, Lycopodium Clavatum 6X HPUS, In a Base of Lactose, USP and there are other homeoptahics and they can be used with other meds. You dissolve them under your tongue and they do really work. You can order them online or get them from wholefoods or Henry's. I plan to take my portable kit and use them in conjuction with walking, walking walking. I also plan to take Arnica in pill form (which also dissolves under tongue) right after surgery. http://www.kcweb.com/herb/arnica.htm is description of it. I have it in pill form I also use the cream for healing but not on open wounds. Arnica is awesome at helping heal trauma.

<TABLE class=verd2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom height=25>Description of Arnica Montana 30X</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle height=25></TD></TR><TR><TD class=verd2 colSpan=2>Arnica Montana is a homeopathic remedy indicated for muscular soreness due to overexertion, and facilitates the healing of swelling, bruising, shock, sprains, soreness, injury, and post surgery.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I hope this helps you all! I'll let you know if it helps me in a few days!

Just an update...I was banded on the 11th and I'm back to work today. Absolutely no pain and haven't taken paid meds since I left the hospital. Came home on the 12th and had a pretty rough bout of nausea, but Dr. Cahn prescribed something for that and it passed. Have had a couple smaller bouts with it, but basically am feeling really well. Am keeping Water down and some Jello. But tried broth and SlimFast and those didn't settle well. Am very gassy....how fun is that???

Anyway, I'm feeling great and cannot believe how pain-free I am.

Good luck to the rest!

It's starting to look as though my surgery date is less than certain and I'm really disappointed.

Just when I thought I had jumped through all their hoops, they come up with new ones.

I now have to see another doctor about anemia, even though I told them I have really heavy periods. They also want a stool sample (lovely) to rule out blood there.

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up pushed over into October - dang!

Just an update...I was banded on the 11th and I'm back to work today. Absolutely no pain and haven't taken paid meds since I left the hospital. Came home on the 12th and had a pretty rough bout of nausea, but Dr. Cahn prescribed something for that and it passed. Have had a couple smaller bouts with it, but basically am feeling really well. Am keeping Water down and some Jello. But tried broth and SlimFast and those didn't settle well. Am very gassy....how fun is that???

Anyway, I'm feeling great and cannot believe how pain-free I am.

Good luck to the rest!

you can also use ginger root to control nausea .. I use a ginger tincture and put a few drops in crystal light and sip on it and it takes away the nausea. Or you can get real ginger root and add it to tea.