Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I get banded on the 28th!!!!! I'm anxious as heck, and that's two weeks away!!! Would anyone be able to tell me how much weight I should lose before surgery? I presently weigh 240 lbs. Do I cut out solid food cold turkey at this point? I've never had surgery of any kind so I'm trying to soak up all the info. before my big day. What is all of this "PBing" I'm hearing about after the surgery? .....HELP

Welcome to LBT. I totally understand how anxious you are, but I promise the time will fly by. My day is actually tomorrow and I don't think I will be able to sleep at all tonight.

As far as how much to lose, that is up to your surgeon. Did he give you a target to hit? Some surgeons have an extensive pre-op liquid diet, some require Atkins type diet, some do nothing. Please check in with your Dr.

I was required to follow atkins for 2 weeks and liquid for 2 days before surgery.

PBing is Productive Burp. You can read about a lot of causes on the general board. Most cases seem to be caused from overeating, eating too fast, not chewing enough, or some food not agreeing with you. Some people live successfully with the band without ever PBing.

Good luck!

I go in tomorrow - didn't have a pre-op diet - thank goodness - food fest up to yesterday - have to just be on liquids today (plus the laxitive to clean me out for tomorrow). I know it's gross, but what if the laxitive doesn't do a good enough job????

I go in tomorrow - didn't have a pre-op diet - thank goodness - food fest up to yesterday - have to just be on liquids today (plus the laxitive to clean me out for tomorrow). I know it's gross, but what if the laxitive doesn't do a good enough job????

You will be fine. I didn't have to do any "cleaning out", just 2 days of liquids.

What time is your surgery??

Wow, the month is flying by -- so many folks banded already! I can't wait to get mine!

I wasn't assigned a pre-op diet, but I sure feel like I'm on one -- I've been sick all weekend and pretty much just drinking Soup and eating popcicles. Lost 5 pounds!

Hi There,

I Think It Is Just A Matter Of Your Taste, I Like One Of The 5 Different Atkins Flavor Protien Shakes... Chocholate Royal Only.

I was banded 9/5/06 and am just now starting to feel like myself. It was alot more painfull than I thought it would be, I stayed overnight in the hospital and had to have have help getting out of bed because my left side was so sore, I couldn't twist my body to even get my legs over the side of the bed. I am now into full liquids, drinking Farina w/milk and beneprotein, optisource (yuck) cream of chicken Soup and yogurt. My stomach growls and gurgles all the time, gas is a factor as is bad breath.

Am I happy I did this? YES! Even thou I am in some discomfort now, I now its going to get better and better

The only diet I needed to do is one day before the surgery. I had to do liquids. Every surgeon has different rules on dieting before surgery. I did start eating lighter the week before. Other than that, I pretty much maintained my weight. I have lost 7 pds in 6 days. Don't have much of an appetitite since the surgery.

My advice to you is to call your surgeons office and ask what he expects before the surgery.

Good luck.

Good luck tomorrow to by fellow 9/12 bandsters: ItsGottaGo!, TxAngel, HopeWorks, kattiegirl. I am scheduled for 9:00, and have to be at the hospital at 7:00. I'll fill everyone in as soon as I can.

I also want to wish our Wed group good luck: katt, jewel, and avasa. I hope everything goes smoothly and everyone has a quick recovery.

I will pray all goes well for all of tomorrow's bandings and thanks want2lose for your well wishes. I started my 2 days of liquids today (not to bad so far and it's almost bedtime). Amazing. I am so glad I have you guys to hang with! It's kind of comforting to know you are having the same feelings, doubts, anxieties, and excitement I do. Again, you are in my prayers. Katt

I just realized I posted this on the wrong thread.

Want2lose, Im with you all the way. Wishing you the best tomorrow for a quick and painless surgery. I'm thinking all good things.

For all of you who are having all kinds of anxieties, and probably will have some right up unitl you go into the OR Room --REMEMBER: Beautiful thoughts. When you lye down on the operating table, close your eyes and picture yourself at goal. Picture yourself thin, sexy, and living the healthiest lifestyle. Picture yourself at your favorite vacation spot, walking the sandy beaches sporting your two piece bathing suits. Picture every wonderful image in your head. Picture everything that makes you happy and safe. It truly works. My girlfrend helped me use this positive imagry. It helps having a psychologist as a best friend. lol

Everything will go smoothly. God Bless and Good luck. My thoughts and prayers are with you all who will be banded tomorrow and throughout the week.

Ok. I feel better now that this post is where it should be.

Regards,

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Emily:)

Banded 9/5/06

Dr. Roslin

Manhattan Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery

weight.png

My surgery is scheduled for the 19th at Fair Oaks Hospital in Virginia. I decided to have this surgery about a year ago and am really looking forward to it. But I am also a little bit scared as I've never had surgery of any type.

My Dr. has me on a low-carb high Protein diet to shrink my liver and I've lost 10 lbs. in the past two weeks. However the last two days have been last meal syndrome from hell. Will I be weighed the day of surgery? What if I've regained some of the 10 lbs? He said I should "keep up the weight loss" and do liquids only on the day before surgery.

Picked up my post-op pain and nausea prescriptions today. Got a robe and some slip-ons. Ready or not, here I come!

I'm scheduled for Monday 9-18-2006!!! I wish all you other September bandsters good luck.

Good luck to all the "band ers" for 09/12... what a thrill. I am scheduled for Tues, 09/19... best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hats off to you all!!

Good luck to all the "band ers" for 09/12... what a thrill. I am scheduled for Tues, 09/19... best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hats off to you all!! :clap2: