Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Mallorie, I have heard that that bubble of air that won't come up is pretty normal. I am sorry you are feeling nauseous. I hate feeling nauseous, it's the worst. I hope if passes soon. I think it if fairly common though, unfortunately, and expect it to happen to me. Hang in there!!! Breathe!

Want2Lose, yes I have been on Atkins for 2 weeks and tomorrow it is all liquids, Clear Liquids. The doctor said I might be able to come home the same day we will just have to wait and see how I do. It is still considered outpatient whether I spend the night or not.

BJean I am kind of nervous but very excited. My friend had this done in May. I had no ide this was even an option until I spoke with her about a month or so ago.

I hope you all will bear with me as I am trying to learn my way around this board.

Anyway good luck to all the September Bandsters. WooHoo!!!!!

Valerie, many of the folks at this forum have been waiting for years to become a bandster. So you're fortunate to be able to step right up and git 'er done! And a side bene is that you didn't have lots of time to worry and stew about it.

I've been reading and posting here for over 2 weeks and still don't know my way around. I have no idea when I'll get inspired enough to try to get a ticker up. I'm hoping everyone doesn't think I'm a total dope. So don't worry, there are some of us who don't have the excuse of being really new. :tired

Hi everyone,

This is getting exciting as some of us are reaching their dates.:gluck:

I didn't book enough time off work, because I didn't want to give a reason and I just came back from vacation. But I bit the bullet and told my boss I was having surgery (thank God he didn't ask me what kid...I'm a bad liar). I asked him not to mention it to anyone else so hopefully he doesn't, but sometimes I think my work is more like a high school :gossip: for how fast info flies.

Well if they ask, maybe I'll say I'm having my tubes tied...I don't think anyone would ask about details on that.

Any good ideas out there for dealing with work, let me know.:phanvan

Swanny: I've been telling friends, and some family, that I'm having a hiatal hernia repair. That sounds gross enough to keep them from asking too many questions. That way I don't have to explain each and every time I speak with them, just how much weight I have (or haven't) lost!

P.S. And I'm not lying, I am having one repaired too.

A friend of mine wanted to keep inquiring minds at bay by telling everyone she had her gallbladder removed. She did have it removed too. This could be bad to use tho if it isn't true, because you might really have to have yours removed and miss work one day. And you'd have to come up with another story.

That sounds good...I may have to do some research on that to find out what my symptoms were.:dance:

Better have something prepared just in case.

I'm not telling my family anything...I'll be home the same day and I don't talk to them everyday anyway.

I've only told my sister-in-law (who is driving me) and my husband. I don't want to worry my kids, so I'll probably just tell them I don't feel well so I have to stay in bed.

Luckily, season 2 of grey's anatomy comes out on DVD the day of my surgery, so I'll have lots to watch in bed.:couch2:

MCW,

sorry to hear you don't feel well. Maybe walking will help to get that bubble of air out, not to mention help with any pain you may be feeling. Maybe your doctor can suggest some type of antacid, not sure but it's an ideal. Malox maybe will also help with the sick feeling. Check with your doc first.

Getting ready here for my trip next week to Mexico, however I keep losing weight and have not changed my eating habits too much. Maybe it's nerves. Very excited, and have very brief moments of second guessing myself. I conquer the fat girl pretty quickly that seems to beat up on the mini me inside and things are alright in my circle once again. The cowboy husband seems to be more nervous than I, so I think I'll let him worry about it for a while. LOL Good luck to all and a very speedy recovery!

Well folks, It's finally here! I go tomorrow for my surgery! I am kind of scared, mostly of just not waking up.... I know everyone feels this before a major surgery, so I am ok with it. I know I will be ok, but it's that little "what if?" that is troubling. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know and I will keep you all posted on my recovery! Send good Karma my way tomorrow! Thanks for being there for me!

MOM - I've second guessed myself so many times I can't count them. But I am now determined and looking forward to getting the surgery and aftermath all behind me. And my DH is getting very nervous for me too.

Our similarities seem to end there. I'm doing the pre-op diet and not losing like I feel I should be! And here you are losing from jitters? No fair. :couch2:

What day are you headed south (I assume south?) next week? I guess if you live in Laredo you might not have to go south. :heh:

Dovie- Exciting news! We will definitely send good Karma your way! You must be going to a local doc?

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'm planning to take a short nap, short recovery, and then steady march on in my journey to a healthier, slimmer me!

We're with you in spirit. Keep positive thoughts! Keep smiling! :couch2: