Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Too funny!! I'm scheduled to get my brows and my hair did tomorrow! We girls gotta look good when we get the majority of our stomachs removed!

I basically have no eyebrows (they have faded as I have gotten older) but I did get a pedicure and my hair cut and the gray covered up :) Can't have ugly toes on surgery day! Anyway, one of my first treats for myself, after 25 lbs of weight loss, I am giving myself and eyebrow dye. I have a friend at church that does it, so that it my fun thing to look forward to!

Joyce, I am so there with you. I have been feeling pretty confident about my decision. Today my nerves took over. I have been second guessing myself all day and replaying the worse case scenarios. Struggling to find my positive thoughts!! Hang in there my Thursday buddy!! I'm thinking of you.

Melly~ i am thinking of you and you will be in my prayers, that is for sure. We are doing something so wonderful for ourselves and our families. I have been teary today, just emotions that need to escape. I am happy as can be, I try not to think bad thoughts (what COULD happen) just focus on the benefits of all of this. I wish you a perfect surgery and quick healing with as little pain as possible! HUGS to you!

You are in our hearts and minds. Remember to think positively and thank the stars that you started this journey because without it, you would not have known about the mass. Early is better then later. Take care of yourself.

Scary. Good luck.

Hello All. I'm so envious of those of you going in for surgery the next week or two! I have to wait until the end of the month!!! It's probably for the best though. My Dr. required that I lose 20 pounds by August 14th. I've been doing well until the last four days! I keep making horrible choices and my weight is up!....by five pounds! I only had two pounds to go and now I have to take off seven! I'm soooo frustrated with myself. I ask myself, "are you self-sabotaging?" I TRULY am excited about this decision I have made....I'm doing it for HEALTH....not vanity. I spent alot of time researching, talking with many friends and acquaintances who have had it done etc. I can't wait for my surgery date to get here....but if I keep on making bad choices I won't have a surgery date! What the heck is wrong with me????

August 23rd here. Dr Noel Williams at University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. So great to find this group!!! I love reading all about everything. It helps with the anxiety...

OMG I'm so excited. Aug 23rd is my day :). Yeeeeee hawwwwwwww. What kind of freak looks forward to surgery lol. MEEEEEEEE

Me too - all I think about is the 28th. Also, my weeks long "food funeral" is starting to depress me.

I want to give you all a (((((((HUG))))))) and tell you I'm cheering you on!!!! This is a big step and a new start for all of us and I know you will do great! Your encouragement really does help lower my anxiety. I am so nervous! 2 DAYS!!! CHEERS (with a nice glass of Water or a mug of broth lol) and congrats!

My goodness' date=' my nerves have kicked it up a notch today!! One more work day, one travel day and then surgery day! I am so excited, crying one minute but usually tears of sheer happiness. My poor hubby, he is in for an emotional ride with me the next few days!!

Icandothis, I sure hope to see you before Rosy heads us back to the USA.

I have to run for now to eat, my BS is dropping. I will be back later. :)[/quote']

Hugs Hun...I hope to see you too!!!!!!!

I hope any of you that are planning to meet up take pictures!!!! And tell us how it went! So lucky! I dont think I have many people in my area (i'm in south jersey)

I'm planning on using my blog as my monthly/bi weekly update page. I haven't posted anything yet, but I saw another person on here, and I loved her blog. She tracked every month on the anniversary of her procedure. She posted front, and side picks, along with Height, Highest Weight, Current Weight, and Goal Weight. Scrolling through her blog over the course of 9 months- it hit me like a ton of bricks. I liked her style so much I'm going to do the same thing, I might even add some measurements of my "problem" areas that are the worst that I know will thin down. I''ve found a couple of great blogs and galleries to help track- i'll share them with ya'll:

1) http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/user/18927-blackanese25/

2) http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/user/2891-blackberryjuice/

I'm excited! Just more motivation!

Hello All. I'm so envious of those of you going in for surgery the next week or two! I have to wait until the end of the month!!! It's probably for the best though. My Dr. required that I lose 20 pounds by August 14th. I've been doing well until the last four days! I keep making horrible choices and my weight is up!....by five pounds! I only had two pounds to go and now I have to take off seven! I'm soooo frustrated with myself. I ask myself, "are you self-sabotaging?" I TRULY am excited about this decision I have made....I'm doing it for HEALTH....not vanity. I spent alot of time researching, talking with many friends and acquaintances who have had it done etc. I can't wait for my surgery date to get here....but if I keep on making bad choices I won't have a surgery date! What the heck is wrong with me????

Don't beat yourself up. Hey that's why we're having the surgery...bad food choices right? I made bad choices the last few days too. It is so frustrating!!! I gained back a couple of pounds. I'm supposed to start my preop diet on the 8th but I'm starting it today because I can't trust myself!!! lol Good luck, you can do it!!!! :)

OMG I'm so excited. Aug 23rd is my day :). Yeeeeee hawwwwwwww. What kind of freak looks forward to surgery lol. MEEEEEEEE

Yay!!! Congrats...I gues I'm a freak too. lol

2nd day of preop liquids

I survived day 1 !!!!!!!

7.31.12-txjina1-up to bat today!!!! We're all sending you good vibes, Get skinny soon ;) Hope your feeling wonderful!!! Congrats!!!

8.1.12-slenderella-Dr. Scott Stowers

icle1234-Dr barker dallas tx

MsDallasSleever Dr Wade Barker

ugot2laff Dr Myur Srikanth WA

EcuaTrucho dr richard Nguyen

BarbH Dr. Medvetz Middletown PA

irainb aug 1 dr david martin

Nina88-Dr Casillas west LA

shrinkydinkme- Dr Philip Chin

8.2.12-allnewme-Dr Alvarez MX

mamamelly dr matthew Bettendorf MN

carlab51 dr mccarty dallas tx

Shell12

Umi-Dr Alec Beekley

8.3.12-Made2beme- Dr Garcia MX

8.4.12-Icandothis Dr Alveraz mx

8.6.12-Aug62012-Dr Brengman Richmond VA

Arukind-Dr. Ross Seattle WA

Stormwarning-Dr Alvarez Mx

Pdog Dr. Halmi in Fairfax,Va.

Tabbymonroe

sleevealicious dr nain woodbridge va

bug-indiana

dreamnslim2012 Dr david Kim tx

thickiest2thick dr david suh

ReeTee Dr S. Killeen TX

aznurse4u Dr Monash Tucson AZ

kaykay20 Dr Kim

pebbles99-Dr. Amit Tivedi

prada-mexico

8.7.12-cegull dr david kim Dallas tx

zack515 dr aceves in mexicali

8.8.12-Futureskinnypants - Dr morris washington Sc

sv2- Dr suh murrieta ca

sweeteelme-Dr. Norwood Shreveport,La.

Phranquie-Dr Almanda MX

Forensikchic (*1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!)

8.9.12 shaniceh01 Sabrena Noria New orleans louisiana

iceshayw

jh5497 Dr Garcia

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

findingme2012dr kelly Tijuana

Jaoleen Dr verboonen MX

charmichelle NC

bethL dr richardson New orleans.

smithpy dr james davidson

*TrAcY* Dr Garcia TJ mx

8.11.12- lolo11 dr kelly mx

8.13.12-harleymb-Dr Spaw

Sabstar22-Dr. Almanza Mx

Southern Oregon-Dr Ortiz

Mickey- Dr Arnold- Dallas TX

txjina1- dr kim-Tx july 31st

melissa kirk- dr mcmahon seattle wa

mom_24 dr alvarez mx

peacelove&tash dr douglas olsen TN

just peachy Dr adolfo fernandez

half~of~bri dr roc bauman

Amyl219 OH

harleymb dr albert spaw

8.14.12- strawberrysoul-Dr. Almanza MX

laurenss-Dr Gregory walton

jorsea- dr degara canada

bound4bway

mczoo33 dr alverez

atelux17 Dr Kim TX

vixkey

timetochange

8.15.12-whodatfishinfool Dr David Rau Houma La

nikiw714-Dr. Kelly

aprilsolea Dr.Lopez

8.16.12- MichT Kaiser West LA

612belly

IMSKINNY- Dr. Chu Louisiana

8.17.12- Beanieandrosiesmom- Dr. Rodriquez MX

Lisa1977

sassafras dr kelly mx

dlmeekie-dr alvarez mx

shapeshifter Dr Keith Kim Orlando

8.18.12- dooter55 dr alvarez piedro negres mx

8.20.12- Audrey523- Dr. Yatco NYC

Shoe_vixen- Dr rosen Chicago

Skye-Dr. Joyce

lifesaver-dr george merriman-LA

kczar-dr kuhn dallas.

8.21.12-lucysmama215

Sleeveme81Tx

nurse05 Dr Garcia MX

8.22.12-minniemouse dr wayne weiss

laceyloveland Dr emma patterson portland oregon

8.23.12 MGM-Dr. Kelly MX

beanzilla Dr Garcia MX

mschina415- dr arron hoffman NY

msleo64- (*1 year surgiversary!!!)

irishgirl78 dr liao (23rd or 30th)

Onlyone Dr Garcia MX

mandmcd-scotland

skboone1

smvemt78-Dr Noel Williams Univ. of Penn, PA

Iggychic Dr Billings Seattle Wa

8.24.12 Weight_no_longer

tammy ansley topeka kansas

8.27.12 washffpm dr mcmahon

KRBullardRN Dr. Babineau, Tyler TX

leprechaunmomma Dr lopez/Dr. Osuana TJ MX

krbullardrn dr babineau tyler tx

bluelemons, Dr Alvarez MX

yukonmomma Dr Lopez-Ortega TJ MX

bound4bway dr. nicole pecquex

klewcrew- Dr Trace Curry, OH

CNTWT2BMINIME Dr David Le San Fran

8.28.12 JLOR Dr David Kim, Dallas TX

Red597 Dr Eric Mallico

randgalt Dr Thomas Lavin

tipintx dr kim

ready4success Dr. Yu Houston Tx

8.29.12 cantw8t2bme dr esteban varela

Dolly

8.30.12 Runner

nawlinzlady

gigimamma dr kelly mx

kimmyiet Dr R marvin houston TX

Irishgirl78

8.31.12 ATLSara dr kelly mx

readytolose2012 dr garcia in Mexico

Frza Dr Aceves

Ladybuglv-Dr Aceves

funnyfarm319 Dr Kelly TJ mx

Welcome new sleevers :) and congrats to txjina1 who is getting sleeved today!!!

Update on me: I've screwed up a bit the last couple days with this stupid pre op diet, trying to get back on track. It was so easy in the beginning now its so hard. Still hovering at 268.4 when i should be around 262 right now. 1 more week left. It's time to buckle down! My bags are already packed and in my car (yes im not leaving til friday lol) We're leaving a day early and staying over night somewhere in the half way area....probably virginia or north carolina. I will be recording EVERYTHING!!! I'm getting so excited! And holy moly ---look how many people we have going tomorrow!!!!!!

Don't forget to join the group on Facebook. ....you will need an invite so please add myself or klyn

www.facebook.com/jaybeevsg

http://www.facebook.com/klyn.mcmickell

add us and one of us will send you an invite!