Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

I am a august sleever!!!! Aug 6th!!

WOOHOO.. welcome. We share the same date. FutureSkinnyPants will get you put on the surgery board as soon as she can. We have been working her hard around here, so we had to give her a break. Enjoy having you on the August forum.

Just think 25 more days and we will be sleeved!! Best of luck to you.

I have 48 days to go!

39 days let the count down begin and the slight freak out

45 days to go for me. When I got my surgery date yesterday I had a 'slight freak out' moment, but it didn't last long. I'm super excited now!!!

39 days let the count down begin and the slight freak out

45 days to go for me. When I got my surgery date yesterday I had a 'slight freak out' moment, but it didn't last long. I'm super excited now!!!

Please forgive me as this forum is getting pretty large. But I want to welcome both of you if this is your first time. This is an exciting time in all our lives, but can be alil scary too.

We have a great class of people here who are most likely experiencing the same feelings and we try to help each other through our difficult times.

Our very own futureskinnypants will get your names and dates on the surgery board that she has put together. Bare with her as we have been working her hard with all the new August recruits.

I want to wish you both the best of luck on your journey and I hope its everything you have dreamed of.

I think we will all have many freak out moment right up until we're put under but the other side is definitely gonna be greener

I think we will all have many freak out moment right up until we're put under but the other side is definitely gonna be greener

Agreed, with only one rebuttal. Sure the other side may be greener but I think we will still have our fair share of freak out moments. After all we are all going to have to learn a new way, that alone is stress enough for freaking out.

Good Morning ladies =) I have my date, August 27th with Dr. Lopez and Dr. Osuana in Tijuana Mexico. I am 33 on August 2nd and 5'2 and 230ish. I need to lose aprox 120 lbs to be healthy. Genetically speaking....well I have one thin cousin ;)

I am sooo thankful that I found this thread. Waking up panicking about this decision has not been fun the last week or so. I sent off my deposit yesterday, booked the flights and updated my passport (it will be here by the end of July) ....so now I get to stew...yup, pure delight....

I chose my doctors from review lists, and the fact that I got two for the price of one appealed to me. As some of the doctors down there are on call for more than one hospital and don't have time to come and check on you. I wanted to make sure I could improve my odds if something should come up to have a doctor see me sooner rather than later. Cost also was a factor, not going to lie. I am a self pay. I am using A Lighter Me to coordinate the surgery which is nice too, because then I know that a third party that is knowledgeable in these matters can guide me with my apprehension. I have two amazing daughters, :wub: and want to make this process as easy as possible on them. So, having someone setting everything up and doing it via email is easiest so that they don't have to worry as much. ^_^ As my 11 year old has rather large ears lol.

Good luck and peaceful dreams till your journeys hit fruition.

Welcome everyone who has come in to our group recently....Good news for me day 8 of liquid pre op.....and down 10 pounds...bad news I am exhausted with work and dizzy.....more gaterade apparently.....

hugs all hope everyone is having a great Friday the 13th....

Good Morning ladies =) I have my date, August 27th with Dr. Lopez and Dr. Osuana in Tijuana Mexico. I am 33 on August 2nd and 5'2 and 230ish. I need to lose aprox 120 lbs to be healthy. Genetically speaking....well I have one thin cousin ;)

I am sooo thankful that I found this thread. Waking up panicking about this decision has not been fun the last week or so. I sent off my deposit yesterday, booked the flights and updated my passport (it will be here by the end of July) ....so now I get to stew...yup, pure delight....

I chose my doctors from review lists, and the fact that I got two for the price of one appealed to me. As some of the doctors down there are on call for more than one hospital and don't have time to come and check on you. I wanted to make sure I could improve my odds if something should come up to have a doctor see me sooner rather than later. Cost also was a factor, not going to lie. I am a self pay. I am using A Lighter Me to coordinate the surgery which is nice too, because then I know that a third party that is knowledgeable in these matters can guide me with my apprehension. I have two amazing daughters, :wub: and want to make this process as easy as possible on them. So, having someone setting everything up and doing it via email is easiest so that they don't have to worry as much. ^_^ As my 11 year old has rather large ears lol.

Good luck and peaceful dreams till your journeys hit fruition.

leprechaunmomma welcome to the boards. We are pleased to have you join us August Dreamers. We are all embarking on a journey that is cause to so many emotions. Those emotions can change from day to day, but having the people from this great forum to support you really helps ease the stress.

Never hesitate to ask any questions you may have, voice your concerns, even if you just want t talk. All you have to do is post a comment and tons of people will be there shortly. We are a very supportive group and have become family like. After all we are all going to be sleever brothers and sisters.

I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you, and I know you are going to do great things with your sleeve. Best of luck.

AUGUST SLEEVERS:

7.31.12-txjina1

8.1.12-slenderella-Dr. Scott Stowers

icle1234-Dr barker dallas tx

MsDallasSleever Dr Wade Barker

ugot2laff Dr Myur Srikanth WA

8.2.12-allnewme-Dr alvarez MX

mamamelly dr matthew Bettendorf MN

8.3.12-Made2beme- Dr Garcia MX

8.4.12-Icandothis Dr Alveraz mx

8.6.12-Aug62012-Dr Brengman Richmond VA

Arukind-Dr. Ross Seattle WA

Stormwarning-Dr Alvarez Mx

Pdog Dr. Halmi in Fairfax,Va.

Tabbymonroe

sleevealicious dr nain woodbridge va

bug-indiana

dreamnslim2012 Dr david Kim tx

thickiest2thick

8.7.12-cegull dr david kim Dallas tx

zack515 dr aceves in mexicali

8.8.12-Futureskinnypants - Dr morris washington Sc

sv2- Dr suh murrieta ca

Forensikchic (*1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!)

8.9.12 shaniceh01 louisiana

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

findingme2012dr kelly tijuana

8.11.12- lolo11 dr kelly mx

8.13.12-harleymb-Dr Spaw

Sabstar22-Dr. Almanza Mx

Southern Oregon-Dr Ortiz

Mickey- Dr Arnold- Dallas TX

txjina1- dr kim-Tx july 31st

melissa kirk- dr mcmahon seattle wa

mom_24 dr alvarez mx

8.14.12- strawberrysoul-Dr. Almanza MX

laurenss-Dr Gregory walton

jorsea- dr degara canada

bound4bway

mczoo33 dr alverez

8.16.12- MichT Kaiser West LA

8.17.12- Beanieandrosiesmom- Dr. Rodriquez MX

Lisa1977

8.18.12- dooter55 dr alvarez piedro negres mx

8.20.12- Audrey523- Dr. Yatco NYC

Shoe_vixen- Dr rosen Chicago

Skye-Dr. Joyce

lifesaver-dr george merriman-LA

8.21.12-lucysmama215

Sleeveme81Tx

8.23.12 MGM-Dr. Kelly MX

beanzilla Dr Garcia MX

mschina415- dr arron hoffman NY

msleo64- (*1 year surgiversary!!!)

irishgirl78 dr liao (23rd or 30th)

8.24.12 Weight_no_longer

tammy ansley topeka kansas

8.27.12 washffpm dr mcmahon

KRBullardRN Dr. Babineau, Tyler TX

leprechaunmomma Dr lopez/Dr. Osuana TJ MX

krbullardrn dr babineau tyler tx

8.28.12 vixkey dr krahn cali

8.29.12 cantw8t2bme dr esteban varela

8.30.12 Runner

nawlinzlady

gigimamma dr kelly mx

8.31.12 ATLSara dr kelly mx

Hey guys! Welcome new comers! Congrats on getting your dates!! Here is the updated list.

Question of the day- what type of exercise will you do after your cleared? Dvd's? Treadmill? Running? Walking? Gym? Wii? Weight lifting???

I've always wanted to be a runner, i feel so free when I run (or when i used to) I can't wait to run my first 5k :)

I'm on day 2 of my pre preop diet. I will weigh in tomorrow morning and let you all know how its going so far. The shakes i'm drinking are muscle milk light, no sugar added. I have chocolate and vanilla and i think they taste pretty good. After 4 weeks I may not think so though :) .

If your on Facebook please click the link in my signature and add me. The support there is wonderful. There are so many pages, people, and groups for additional support / friends. Check it out. Also, as many of you know I will be VLOGGING my entire experience. Recovery , weigh in's all of it. So please click the link on my signature for that too and subscribe to me :D Is anyone else vlogging?

Holy Smokes!! August is looking like one busy month. Wonder if we are going to be the top month on the boards. Mrs Skinny Pants, you have done such a great job. I know I've said this before, but thank you for all you are doing.