Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I am doing the City to Surf in August so have to work up to 14km - walk not run though lol :)

Great to hear you are doing well Kelbel

Nessa and pupphat, Congrats you are doing great

Lila, good luck with the interview, I am sure you will do great with your new confidence.

Confidence is one of the great changes that this surgery and weight loss bring. I am doing things now that I would never have had the confidence to do before.

Have been in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, broken ankle and all. Met some great new people and am generally more open to everything now. I wore an outfit today that no way in hell I would have been able to before....and I can say I felt hot in it...one more day in this city and then off to New York for a couple of days.

Sounds like you're living the dream Aussiegirl. Continue to enjoy the holiday. Cheers.

It's great to have a few more join our group from Brisbane :)

Congrats on taking this fantastic opportunity to allow yourself a new beginning.

I haven't been on for a while as so busy with work but have just caught up on all the pages..

I am 1 kg until double digits :) can't wait as can not even remember when I was in double digits. Everyone keeps saying that I can't lose anymore as they think I've got nothing left. When I tell them I've got 20 to go' date=' they are all shocked..I am in a really good place and feel fantastic about myself and how I'm looking and feeling. Have upped my exercise to 5-6 days a week and can't believe it but actually run now..who would have thought I would actually enjoy exercise

Anyway, hope your all well and best of luck to the newly Sleevers and upcoming[/quote']

Hi Shelley, that's great news. You are doing brilliantly and I am very impressed by your exercise regime. I am trying to get to the gym twice a week and am now doing piltes classes too which I really enjoy.

With a few more Brissie sleevers we should try for another get together and meet a few more people.

Brisbane Sleevers Social

A few of us from Brisbane have met a couple of times over the past few months. It would be lovely to so do again and have a few more people join us, especially some of the newbies and others from further afield such as Gold Coast. Any suggestions as to when and where. As we are from all over, we have met in the city in the past. Perhaps we could do a Saturday or Sunday morning Breakfast or lunch somewhere central such as New Farm Deli?

Let me know what you all think.

I would love to join the 5km especially as I will need to learn to run again after the break..

I was going to do the Mothers day Classic this year, the 8 km run but won't be healed by then.

Look forward to seeing how you go....I will be following behind soon :)

How ironic with the couch to 5km. I started 2 weeks ago and LOVE it. Glad to hear a few of us are onboard this program...

I am in for another get together Kelli. Great to have a few more join us

Today I'm baking an Oreo and Nutella cheesecake and its so ridiculously sweet, even if I wanted to have a piece, I don't think I could get through it. I love how the sleeve has changed my taste for things. Before the surgery, I would have made 2, one to take to the dinner party and 1 to stay at home for me to eat over the next week, it it lasted that long. Even licking a little off the spoon to make sure the flavour was right made me feel ill.

Anybody else look at some foods now that they used to love but post op just can't stomach and think "I used to eat (however much) of that?! No bloody wonder I was fat!!!"?

Today I'm baking an Oreo and Nutella cheesecake and its so ridiculously sweet, even if I wanted to have a piece, I don't think I could get through it. I love how the sleeve has changed my taste for things. Before the surgery, I would have made 2, one to take to the dinner party and 1 to stay at home for me to eat over the next week, it it lasted that long. Even licking a little off the spoon to make sure the flavour was right made me feel ill.

Anybody else look at some foods now that they used to love but post op just can't stomach and think "I used to eat (however much) of that?! No bloody wonder I was fat!!!"?

I'm the same PP. Can't stand anything really sweet or fatty. Or plain Water which is really strange .....

My NUT keeps asking me if plain Water goes down ok, I've not had a problem with it so far, except if its really cold, but it must be a big issue for a lot of people because every time I speak to her she asks me about it.

Unfortunately my surgeon only operates at QE2 and Greenslopes, so I couldn't be close to be home. That said, North West is part of Ramsay Health Care, the same as Greenslopes, I've had two ops there now and can't speak highly enough of the place so I'm guessing North West would be the same.

Do you get to go home Wednesday?

I am home and enjoying my sister playing nurse. Only had Water for the first couple of days so was feeling pretty ordinary yesterday. Now I am drinking free fluids and feeling much better :)

There are so many foods like that for me. Most foods are like that for me lol. But the biggest thing is Pasta - I used to eat SO MUCH of it before the surgery - had it twice, the last time ended up with me riding the porcelin bus and it "cured" me of my craving for Pasta. I can't have dairy at all besides a little greek yoghurt and then only if I have it with fresh fruit. I can have chocolate - peanut M&M's are my thing. I have to stop at 3 though cause even if I just have that one more I feel sick and yuck. I realised this after scarfing down half a dozen and feeling really unwell for about an hour afterwards.

The biggest thing is that I used to LIVE at Macca's - I don't think I even realised how often i was there. Now, I never go and if I do, I usually just get a cup of tea :P i love how much that has changed :)

It's very liberating isn't it Lila. I get a skim latte and a fruit bag from McDonald's. just like going to a brothel for a hug. I know what you mean about the m&ms. I had a sweet craving and ate a fun size bag of malteasers. It sure cured the craving and haven't touched a single one since.

37kgs GONE - I SO LOVE MY SLEEVE <3

post-35169-13813663110723_thumb.jpg

This thread is so inspiring. I am now only 5 days away from my operation and am looking forward to this. Keep the positive stories coming!! And well done to all for A: making the hard choice to get the op and B: for you amazing weight loss and life transformations!

37kgs GONE - I SO LOVE MY SLEEVE <3

We have the same starting weight virtually, me 1/2 kilo more. Your pic is fantastic and inspires me to keep up what I'm doing. I only can hope that I might look as good as you when I reach 100kg. About 15kg to go for me, I love seeing those numbers getting smaller every week!