Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

^^wrote a novel lmao

Hi all

Nessa - that is a huge weight loss! Well done! With fluids it does also include all fluids so tea, coffee, vege juice, fruit juice ect and is a minimum of 1.5 l. If you include everything you are probably getting there. I too struggle with fluids so that is my current challenge - if I am sitting down anywhere I just have that Water bottle in front of me and I say to myself 'you can't eat until that 600ml is finished!' Aim getting there and I have to as I have a serious issue with Constipation - which I won't bore you with!

Bella - great to hear you are recovering. Everything you are going through sounds pretty much the same as me.i didn't have a great reaction to the surgery and morphine after the op so it took me a good 24 hours to come out of the fog. I can honestly say I don't think my energy levels were anywhere near normal until about six weeks post op.

Sounds like your weight is coming off which is great - you must be delighted.

Karagh - sorry you had a blah day! I I hope things are on the up now - those cravings are the worst - I didn't have a sweet tooth before this op but I still do dream about pork roast with crackling, roast potatoes etc and being able to eat the whole thing! Then I think - thank God I can't! I have eaten some not so 'healthy choices' since the op but I figure that you can eat so little of it that is isn't going to complexly de-rail your weight loss so I am not too hard on myself. Be kind to yourself with all the huge adjustments - their will come a day when you just won't have the cravings anymore because the association of comfort from those foods will be gone - I am hoping that is how it works anyway!

Thanks for the responses guys - it makes me feel so much better hearing what your experiences were. It sounds so much like where I am. One of the problems I have is my very caring parents who just don't get that this is normal for this operation and the struggles I have.

Out of concern I know, they came around last night and tried to yell me into drinking more which just made me feel even sadder given I struggled with nausea all day yesterday. In the end I had to say I love you but need you to leave. I am anticipating their return this morning which doesn't feel great.

I am so glad to hear that other people felt the same way in relation to their discomfort - I know that I am panicking a little about every twinge and bit of discomfort - which is silly. I am just so concerned about another leak - although I've been sticking to the recommendations from the dietician and surgeon to the letter. They've had me on fluids for quite a long time now so I should be fine but there's always that niggling doubt.

And I am just dying for "normal" food. A bit of toast, an egg etc. Veggies. I don't know how on earth I would tolerate this food, but it's what i want. I am so sick of Soup it's not funny.

I am going to try to get out a little today and walk around though - it's hard but I am worried that unless I do I will hold up my recovery. I've lost so much strength and conditioning over the past two months that it's going to take some time to get back to normal.

Not sure when I am going to get back to work at this stage. I was hoping a week on Monday but my GP put the kybosh on that :( I'll just play it by ear. I don't think I will feel that things are back to normal until I am back to work. Given I would work about 65 hours a week pre-surgery I am not used to having all this time on my hands...

Again, thanks to everyone...I will no doubt be annoying you all with questions as things continue over the coming weeks...

Cheers, Lila

Glad to hear things are going the way they're supposed to Lila. And I def think that following the advice of trained and skilled professionals, and your body, over that of your parents, is a good idea. I know what it's like to have very caring parents that border on smothering sometimes. Thankfully after having lost about 30kg, my mum keeps asking me if I think she should have the surgery. She gets that all the struggles in the beginning, and even now, are a fair price for what we are given.

I say that I'm struggling now because I had about 1/2 a chicken thigh and a teaspoon of rice for lunch and I've been sliming and cramping ever since. My only other vomiting experience came after eating a couple of hot chips with chicken. I'm thinking that I'm VERY sensitive to carbs and that at the moment they are more pain than they are worth. bread, rice, potato and Pasta all make me so full with such a tiny amount. It's just not worth it for little to no actual nutrition.

Lila - great to hear how you are progressing. Just keep telling yourself that your parents are doing this out of love and they have probably been out of their minds with worry over the last several weeks - It makes people behave in an extreme way. Still the yelling might be a bit hard to take :-)!

I felt weak until about six weeks after I got out of hospital so don't worry. Just listen to your body and only do as much as you can handle physically as well as emotionally.

It all sound like you are pretty much tracking normally. I remember looking forward to scrambled eggs so much - when I could finally have it, I could hardly eat it and I cried! Don't worry if this is how you feel as it does get better as you come to terms with how much and how slowly you have to eat. As time goes by you can slowly tolerate a bit more.

Puppyphat - I am the same with carbs - two teaspoons of rice and I'm done. I just hardly eat carbs with exception of my muesli or bran in he mornings.

My surgeon has told me that is all the carbs you need for the day - not sure if that is exactly right but I seem to be surviving! I am more worried about the vege side of things as I just can't seem to fit much else in other than my Protein - would love to munch down a huge crunchie green salad - heck I never thought I would ever say that after that torturous pre op diet!

So looking forward to having normal food and being full on just a little amount :-D

1 week in to preop and the hunger has settled but the temptation is killing me. I seem to notice so much yummy food that I used to probably just walk past ( or just eat cause I could) and its a struggle. Good news is only 1 week to go. Another positive note I've lost 4kgs since doing preop :) I am sooooo looking forward to getting this op and living life again' date=' I've put a lot of my life on hold till I get this op. I had a lil melting moment at work the other day when I split my pants and nearly bawled like a lil schoolgirl. Life is gunna be sooooo good. Anyhoo enuf of my rant. Lila ur doing great it must be a relief to b free from hospital!!! Thanks everyone for the positive comments and Monday is My Day......

Scotty[/quote']

Good luck for tomorrow's op Scotty. We will all be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. You are already on the journey. Be kind to yourself and relax as much as you can over the coming weeks. It all takes a bit of getting used to but within a couple of months you will become comfortable with your new 'normal' and will have lost heaps of weight along the way.

Thanks Kel

Just started my fasting for op, it's all happening now!!! Life starts now

Scotty

Best of luck Scotty. When do you go in and looking forward to hearing from you when your up to it.

Good luck with your operation Scotty and please let us know how you get on!

Cheers, Lila

Oh good luck Scotty! Definitely be thinking of you!

Goody luck Scotty! I'm sure everything will go smoothly and look forward to hearing all about it soon!

Hmmm....had a little "wobble" today on my post-op diet...had really soggy nutri-grain. Seemed to go down okay and I chewed it really well. I am going to 'confess' to my dietician today but can't see how it would be harder to digest than the oats. I just couldn't face more of the same lol.

So my question - did anyone else have post-op "wobbles" or diversions from the plan set out for them?

Just spoke to my dietician who green-lit my nutrigrain :) What a relief! She also cleared me this week to try mashed veggies instead of pureed ! Life is GOOD! lol

(I never thought I would be so happy to have a vegetable lol!)

Just spoke to my dietician who green-lit my nutrigrain :) What a relief! She also cleared me this week to try mashed veggies instead of pureed ! Life is GOOD! lol

(I never thought I would be so happy to have a vegetable lol!)

Happy Days!! Enjoy!