Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

How did your training session go Shelley? Did you survive?

Kelli - 1 word AGONY

So glad I did it though and proud of myself for not complaining once throughout my 45 mins of torture. Bring on tomorrow

They are not all pigs and once we all feel better a out ourselves, great people will flock as our confidence in ourselves shine through :)

In my first marriage as I was big then too, he thought he could treat me like crap and put me down constantly and because I would lock myself behind closed doors he thought I would never leave because I had so little confidence. Little did he know, I was studying, saving money for me and the 2 boys and looking for a new home. So long story short, one day packed up after a few months planning it and started my new life with my then 2 kids and never looked back regardless of his pitiful attempts to try and get me back. My sons were 3 and 6 months and best thing I ever did get them away from an abusive pig of a man as my boys, now 20 and 17 HATE any type of abuse or violence towards women.

Then 2 years later met my now husband and he is just wonderful so there are decent men out there and they will come to you :(

Sorry about the life story

*hugs* Shell

I just don't think I'll ever have the confidence.

Shell, puppyfat - well said when it comes to toxic men!

Kelli - I think you are looking fab with your hubby - love the picture as it looks like you are having fun!

Puppyfat - I agree that you will have to change your handle to 'looking hot'! Size 10 - I don't this that is a reality for me.

She'll - well done with the personal training - something I aspire to once I get back to work and have money again! - just another excuse as I STILL haven't got back to my walking! How are the muscles?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Good Morning my friends!

Procrastinating at work, so not motivated today! I cannot believe that my Psych appointment is already only 1.5 weeks away and then off to the surgeon for a date. I've had to unfortunately push that a little further out too, realising that the end of Jan is the change of term for the Junior Medical Officers, so as their trainer (using the computer systems) I can't book it then! POO. I am now sitting at a suggetion date of 18th February 2013 (well my suggestion anyway!)

I have the "special" book, bowl and plate that I bought from my dietician. Was really pleased at some of the food options after the puree stage. I have all my information sheets and a lighter wallet he he he.

Everyone on here is doing so great. also joined a private Facebook Page called "Gastric Sleevers Australia" a private group of course so it doesn't show up on your news feed, anyone part of it on here?

Ooh that sounds like a good group. I like secret groups. Might join.

Thanks Sue ad yes we did enjoy the night.

Re Shelley's comments about there being good men out there I would have to agree. I have known my husband for 21 years and we've been marred for 18. We don't have any children, but that's a long and painful story. Through all of life's ups and downs we've stuck together and he has always been extremely supportive regardless of my size. I was a size 10 and 60kgs when we met. Never has he made a negative comment about it creeping on over the years. Needless to say he's very proud of me now and keeps introducing me to his friends as his new wife! His Italian background also helps as he s very family oriented.

Ladies, hang in there and just focus on yourselves at the moment. You will feel better about yourselves as time goes on and that growing confidence will shine through.

Kelli - 1 word AGONY

So glad I did it though and proud of myself for not complaining once throughout my 45 mins of torture. Bring on tomorrow

Well done Shelley. I am yet to have my first session and know it will hurt, but that's good.

Guess what??? I bought a size 12 'Not your daughters jeans' today. They are tight, but comfortable and I plan to strink down into them. I am definitely not a size 12. Still more a 16, but these jeans are stretchy and best to get smaller. Still , a bit chuffed!!

Although I have lost 16kilos I was called an "Inward thinking' date=' self absorbed piece of garbage" and "you really are a fat & miserable scum of the earth excuse for a mother" by a very unpleasant man over the weekend and am in need of a positive self esteem injection in the form of healthy eating and exercise! Because the best revenge is a happy healthy life :-D[/quote']

The only concepts this type of person respects are king hits and glassings.

Seriously, this is a time to examine every person you know and meet, and decide how much do you want/need them in your life.

You are coming from a place of growing personal power. This triggers hostility in some others, men or women. But we are fighting to regain our Selves, and so we can't be nice anymore. Be prepared to be called all sorts of names.

I say glass 'im (mentally) and delete.

The end of the old and start of the beginning are very close but geeeezzzz I hate having all this temptation around me. sleep is a good way of avoiding food but cant do that at 7pm with the kids. I only have 5 more sleeps till beginning starts........Getting sick of veges and salad and Opti. Although I must say that Opti hasnt been as bad as I thought it would. The hard part is avoiding all the temptation around me. Havent had a rum in this preop stage and would love to kick back and relax with a rummmmmm. This is just my rant for the day, I am good , I am strong, not long now.

Scotty

Although I have lost 16kilos I was called an "Inward thinking, self absorbed piece of garbage" and "you really are a fat & miserable scum of the earth excuse for a mother" by a very unpleasant man over the weekend and am in need of a positive self esteem injection in the form of healthy eating and exercise! Because the best revenge is a happy healthy life :-D

Hi Marguerite,

Recently, I heard a great new expression to use either out loud, in the case of the extremely unsavoury man, or in your head if you don't want to offend someone "Control, Delete" meaning that whatever it is that you have just heard is not welcome in your life now and you are permanently deleting it from your memory in just the same way as you delete unwanted text from a document.

You are so much better than him because you are taking responsibility for your own life and not belittling others in the process.

Hang in there, you are doing a great job and I look forward to hearing about your success.

one_elle26

Ok. Off topic rant. So cranky!!!! I'm 68kg, I am right now wearing size small pyjamas and tomorrow will put on my size 10 work pants, my size 10 crop top for the itty bitty titties, size 12 work shirt and do my hair and makeup all pretty. I WANT PEOPLE TO STOP CALLING ME BABE!!! IM NOT A BLOODY PIG!!!

Ok, have just removed panties, untwisted them, put them back on. I used to get called babe in primary school, after the pig, and I do not find it a term of endearment. Wish I had the courage to say it to the people that pi$$ me off all the time by saying it.

I can't say I am a big fan of pet names - the young woman that served me at Guess the other day kept calling me 'hon' and 'honey' - I found it a bit strange. I nearly said 'thanks sweet cakes' just to see her reaction. I don't think people realise that they are even saying it sometimes.

Just let people know nicely that you don't like that pet name because it reminds you of the pig 'Babe' - I think they will be able to fill in the blanks themselves so you shouldn't need to say anymore!

Hi all, wow you all have been busy.

Shell, just remember all the work out pain will be worth it...it will definitely help with definition...keep at it. I find now when I am exercising I have so much more energy for my days. Traveling I haven't had as much opportunity to work out, always running from one place to anther so to speak, and I am noticing that I feel more sluggish without the constant endorphine hit.

Kayaragh, man what a f'in bastard of a thing to say...excuse my language, people who say things like that annoy me. I tend to take things to heart so I can only imagine how that would have hurt. In saying that, I don't believe anyone in here would believe that of you. You and none of us need people in our lives like that.

On the men thing, while I am not entirely single by choice anymore, I do believe that their are good guys out there. I am surrounded by men at this point in my life, all who love me in their own way, for one reason or another just not romantically. Since I have been traveling there are 3 or 4 guys (outside my family) that are in touch with me almost daily. All bar one of these guys knew me before, and have never really ever said a word or cared, but have all been part of my support system for the last year and a bit, and sometimes I think they are prouder of me than I am :)

Now I just hope that their is someone out there for the new me...if not i am starting to look at other options, to have what I want the most at the moment, a family. The universe now has a deadline to get me the traditional style thing, otherwise like everything else in my life I will do it my way.

Kelliv, great new pic. You may still see fat for a while, the best thing I can say, as much as you may hate it is take photos every few weeks, you will see a change. It is a visual reminder of what we don't see everyday.

My mom would take photos every time I went home to visit and I hated it but now I see the value....it is dramatic. She has Iron her wall in her study.

Scotty, not long now, i hope it will all go well. Stick with it....opti is the hardest purely because it is so monotonously boring taste and flavor wise.

Puppyphta, you look amazing!!!

Lila, I hope you are recovering ok...my thoughts are with you that you are able to get back on your feet so to speak.

Just over a week and I am headed home. I did what was probably my last adventure thing for the trip yesterday..however had an accident on the last zip line and went back and head first into the platform at the end of the zipline...ouch that hurt like nothing else. But I am lucky and I wonder how much worse it would have been if i weighed anymore than I did. Just ended up eitha beat up back, lump on my head and a still neck. I wanted to go parasailing tommorow but am not sure will see how the muscles pull up...

I have soo much clothes I am bringing back frm the states, a lot of it work clothes as I did not have anything remotely summery to wear...now I have soon much choice....going to be a fashion diva. I now have clothes that fit me from every possible designer out there...I even bought a Ralph Lauren swimsuit which to my surprise fit me...and is sexy as hell. I love outlet stores ....it seems that is where all the Aussie tourists go lol

*hugs* Shell

I just don't think I'll ever have the confidence.

Sorry missed this one....I hope you will.

It is still something I am working on too...but feel like a few weeks back I took a huge step in that direction....like something just clicked...

I wish that for you too.