Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Foods Should I Eat One Last Time B4 Surgery?

Pick a favorite and have it one last time.I used to LOVE Prime Rib. Now 1.5 years out beef other than ground does nothing for me and does not go down easy.

Lol @urban.....

I had BBQ tri-tip for my last meal. I love steak and knew it would be a long time before I can have it again.

But what you whatever your favorite is, I would start there. Talk to your doctor to see if he can give you our post - op diet will be so you can see what you will miss the most.

I know the "last meal" is frowned upon but prior to starting my preop liquid diet, I ntend to go to my favorite restaurant and ordering butter and garlic roasted crab with a side of garlic noodles and washing it down with two glasses of red wine :)

I don't think there's anything wrong with last meals. I just hate seeing people going into this thinking they will never be able to eat X again. Once you're all healed up and through your graduated plan, you can eat anything that's tolerated, and there don't seem to be too many intolerances. So "last meal" becomes something more like "not for a while meal" or "last gross portion size" - and then it's just not as important. :)

I didn't have a last meal with my band (well, I had a last dinner before pre-op diet, and it was BLTs (I hate bacon so for me it was Tomato & mayo sandwich, which I LOVE) because I didn't really care and that's what DH wanted.) Before sleeve, the last thing I had before my pre-op diet started was my Sbux standard, because it has a LOT of sugar in it and I knew it would be a LONG time before I'd let myself have one again (and I love them, and had been having 3 - 5 a week in lieu of meals, and just wanted it a LOT). Last "meal" (not beverage)before sleeve was sashimi, which I still eat now, but it's what I wanted that night.

*shrug* I guess I'm not a real celebratory person. :)

The very last food to give me problems with my sleeve was BBQ ribs - up to almost 1.5 years out! So if I had to pick, I guess I would've had ribs. In reality, though, I just had a ton of chocolate, ice cream bars, and Kit-Kats.

Being from South Louisiana, I went for boiled crawfish. I know that I will be able to have them again next year, but I knew that was my last opportunity until next season. I also enjoyed the boiled potatoes, hot dogs, and dip that go along with it. :)

I had a last weekend, so had chinese noodles (beef chow fun) on the saturday for dinner. Then a sushi buffet on the sunday!

Man, it was good & now I am on my pre-op diet I don't regret it one bit!

A BACON CHEESEBURGER AND FRIES SOUNDS GOOD ABOUT NOW, LOL

Chinese food - boy do I miss it!!! I craved fresh food post op - all I wanted was veggies and fruits. I introduced them earlier

Than most and in very small quantities but I

Was going crazy without them. I love them more now than ever before.....especially tomatoes!!!!

Yes but it will definitely be awhile before you return to normal things. Depends on what your favs are.... If I choose for you' date=' lots of pizza and cheeseburgers, and salad! That's what I miss the most.[/quote']

Joni my food soul-mate. Those are the 3 things I'm missing the most, too!

Nancy - I hope you don't mind, I just added you as a friend. We have waaayyy too much in common not to stay in touch.

Sushi was my last grossly large proportioned meal pre op, now I can eat sushi again and it is delish, just can't eat a lot of it and I always have left overs..which is not a bad thing. It amazes me the proportion sizes they serve these days and the sizes I was serving myself. Crazy!! No wonder I had to have a surgery to lose weight. 50 pounds gone in a month, I'm ok with small portions. I can tolerate anything now, just no beef..ground beef stinks to me...yuck lol!!