Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions, Please Help!

I was sleeved on 03/20/2012 and have lost so far 42 pounds. I am so excited about my weight loss but have noticed that Im already showing sagging skin under my arms. I want to know the importance of Protein.< /strong> I have not been able to consume the 60-80 grams that I was instructed. All the power shakes I buy are gross and I dont know how to mix it. I was told to use 4 oz of Water and one scoop of protein. I found these Protein Shots at walgreens that have 28 grams of protein and 0 sugars 1 gram of carbohydrate. Does anyone know about that? will it be ok to take it? On another note I feel Constipation what can be done to fix that? Theres days that I drink the minimum of 64 oz of water, then theres days I dont. Im so confused becuase I dont know how much is too much when it comes to water, I dont want to pop a staple inside persay. lol

I need as much advice as I can get, The nutritionist thats involved with my bariatric doctor is the type that you have to push the words out of him. I want to be healthy and need all the help I can get.

Specially with the water intake, protein & excercise.

thank you!!

desperate for answers and all the help I can get

Hi Yun! congrats on your weight loss! I know personally for me post op, it was nearly impossible to get in all that Protein. My stomach felt like every sip was too much. So i just really tried to focus on Water, Vitamins and as much protein as possible, which a lot of others on here also had stated. As time goes on it gets easier to ocnsume more protein. I also purchased a clear, tasteless Protein Powder to mix in with my water, which helped me a lot! Good luck and welcome to the losers bench :)

Hello. I was sleeved on 3/21. We are experiencing the same things also!!! I can make my Water goal on some days and some days not. I have yet to partake of 60 grams of Protein :( I try my best though. I agree, a lot of those Protein Shakes are gross and I have a lot of mixes left because of that fact. Be careful of what protein "shots" you purchased because alot of them have protein that is not absorbed readily in our bodies. Per this site and my nutritionist, look for whey protein, sot protien, and rice protien.

Getting enough fluids is essential You need to get in 64 oz of Fluid daily. As for Protein Drinks, I know it can be tough. I am drinking the Unjury chocolate Splendor with 1% milk. Total it is 28 grams Protein. I mix it in the blender with ice and sometimes 1/2 of a banana or a little Peanut Butter and it's pretty tasty. Right now, I'm supposed to be consuming 60-70 grams of protein. I can get all my protein in with use of one shake a day. There is no way I can get all the protein in without it. Good luck! Protein and fluids are really important.

Try Jay Robb's Vanilla whey Protein (if you mix one scoop of it with 2 oz. orange juice, 4 oz.8th continent complete soy milk and 2 oz. Water you get a kinda Orange Julius drink). This is will yield you about 24 oz. of protein. Mixing the powder with soy milk is good too. You can purchase any of the Jay Robb Proteins from the Vitamin Shoppe or online Vitamin distributors. Also, Unjury's chocolate is pretty good and the Unjury unflavored isn't bad (although it does leave a kinda weird after taste.I was sleeved on 4/20 and so far, I have been able to get in most of not all my water by sucking on ice chips and sugar free popsicles. After the 2nd day out, I am able to drink my water requirement and I get in about 40 to 50 grams of protein. I take a liquid Multi-Vitamin that I mix with 8 oz. od Naked's Green Machince (a smoothie made entirely of fruits and veggie- no sugar added plus 2 grams of protein per serving) because this drink is green already so it goes in undetected and there is no smell or trace of Vitamins. I am not at the 60-70 grams of protein I was recommended but this is all I can do now without feeling stuffed and uncomfortable. I hope some of my tricks help.

I'm currantly a month out and honestly I am barely able to hit my Protein goals. It's a process I had to gradually build my way upto my Water intake, meds and Vitamin intake. My advice is focus on one thing at a time, then gradually add another element in.

I was sleeved(saved) 3-21-12 and am down 52lbs, I found Unjury Protein is really good mixed with 8oz skim milk, the chocolate classic tastes like nestles quik-really it does and I enjoy getting my chocolate fix with it.

My nut told me those Protein Shots are the wrong kind of protein( I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying that).

I too am kind of low with my Water intake but I get flooded real fast, adding crystal light or sugar free hawaiin punch helps a lot, I like crystal light cherry pomegranite and h/p purple smash both are delish.

The UNJURY comes in single serve packets so the cost is reasonable($2 each or 10 for $1.75 each) I tried Jay Robb and could not tolerate it, sent it back.

Excercise is not my best attribute but I push myself for at least 30 min power walk with the dog each day, I have major problems with my legs that is getting better so longer walks will be in my future.

I miss Miami, used to work at MIA Int'l airport

Premier Protein from SAMs club. They are chocolate flavor and 30g of Protein, they taste just like chocolate milk.

Protein is very, very importaint.

Protein is what feeds our muscle mass, organs and give us energy. It also is used to fuel the body while the bad stuff (fat) gets burned. Its what your hair and fingernails use to grow. Its how the muscles we have stay strong.... protein is like gas for your car- it makes us preform normally.

The true test of how importaint protein is would be to go 3-4 days by getting all your protein and Water. See how good you feel... then go back to the old way of not getting enough of either. I bet you will feel like crap.

Do anything you can to dope the hell out of a Protein Drink so you can drink it.... add vanilla extract, add Torani Syrup (I loved making the vanilla muscle milks into biscotti flavored ones), add SF pudding to make it thicker if you need to. I HATE, HATE, HATE the Isopure Zero Carb- but its only 20oz and it give me 40g of protein.... so I add A WHOLE PACKET of crystal light to it and drink it with a lidded cup so I dont have to smell it. Two Isopukes a day will give me the protein I need and most of my liquids.

I was lame this weekend and didnt pay attention to my protein or Water intake and was exhausted, sleepy and crabby because of not getting enough of either. Two days later I feel great cause I have been dillagent to get my max intake.

I really hope you figure something out that works for you- check out http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ for yummy blended Protein shake ideas or if you can- protein packed food that may be of interest to you.

Best

Drinking is very important. I still struggle with getting in all my liquids and I got sleeved in Dec 2011. I used Light muscle milk to drink for my Protein, and used whey isolate as well. I mixed in a few strawberries instead of ice and it gave it a pretty good taste. It does get easier every week do hang in there and congrats on your weight loss!!

Drinking is very important. I still struggle with getting in all my liquids and I got sleeved in Dec 2011. I used Light muscle milk to drink for my protein' date=' and used whey isolate as well. I mixed in a few strawberries instead of ice and it gave it a pretty good taste. It does get easier every week do hang in there and congrats on your weight loss!![/quote']

Oh and the Constipation is all about getting in all your fluids and learning to love milk of mag:) its one of my best friends...lol

Good luck!

Wow thank you all so much!!!! I really appreciate all of your feedback. I Haven't checked this site in a while and am very sorry for getting back so late to your responses! I have lost 72 pounds to date!!! So excited! Still having Protein intake problems as in loosing my hair already. ???? so sad. But i will definetely take all the said advise to use!!! Thank you again everyone!

Wow thank you all so much!!!! I really appreciate all of your feedback. I Haven't checked this site in a while and am very sorry for getting back so late to your responses! I have lost 72 pounds to date!!! So excited! Still having Protein intake problems as in loosing my hair already. ?de31 so sad. But i will definetely take all the said advise to use!!! Thank you again everyone!

There is a drink called Isopure that is a Protein Drink,but not a shake,which I havent never been able to drink,they are a clear liquid,nit bad tasting either.you can get them at GNC,and various Vitamin stores

Wow thank you all so much!!!! I really appreciate all of your feedback. I Haven't checked this site in a while and am very sorry for getting back so late to your responses! I have lost 72 pounds to date!!! So excited! Still having Protein intake problems as in loosing my hair already. ?de31 so sad. But i will definetely take all the said advise to use!!! Thank you again everyone!

There is a drink called Isopure that is a Protein Drink, but not a shake,which I havent never been able to drink,they are a clear liquid, nit bad tasting either.you can get them at GNC,and various Vitamin stores

Hi everyone, just a follow up... I'm 9 months post op and have lost 108 pounds.!!!!!! Aaaaaand just found out I'm pregnant!!!! My husband and I have been trying for 12 years and he is a cancer survivor! I also wanted to thank you all for your help earlier this year!!! Hope all is doing great, happy and healthy!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!