Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hostility? Why?

Forensikchic, how I can relate to your post. . . all i can really say is that ignorance plays a large part in those who are rude and hateful on these forums. They are miserable people and want to bring everyone else down with them. . .they are failing or sinking and want others to fail and feel as miserable as they do. Those who are genuine and honestly true cyberbuddies will not do this. There are many of us who know how the journey goes and has been going and we "seasoned" ones KNOW what to expect . . . so don't give up because of the ignorance of those who know not what they are saying or doing. . . just ignore them or better yet, block them, you know who they are. . . i've done that and have gotten rid of alot of thorns in my behind. . . i love "listening" to you and hearing your stories. . . stay with us who know and for those who want to learn. . we need you here. . . the ones who don't want to listen can carry on. . . .

Let's face it. Some people just plain suck, and there's not a lot that we can do about it. I think you rock.

Come on now...that is not fair to those like myself who welcome all the info and suggestions you can provide. Please reconsider

Forensikchik, people who don't want to hear about your journey, are just close minded. I have practically begged a few times for those who are further out to answer my questions not just on here but other wls forums. I guess i can see why they get frustrated now. It really upsets me. I firmly believe that we should keep as many vets around as possible. It is so important to those about to go have vsg or those who are just post op and struggling. Newbies only should not answer. Vets are invaluable in my opinion and highly important. I love to hear from people further out than me whether their opinions may not be what I want to hear. Knowledge is power, people. Thank you Forensikchik for your contributions and never think that they aren't welcome or appreciated.

Forensikchik, people who don't want to hear about your journey, are just close minded. I have practically begged a few times for those who are further out to answer my questions not just on here but other wls forums. I guess i can see why they get frustrated now. It really upsets me. I firmly believe that we should keep as many vets around as possible. It is so important to those about to go have vsg or those who are just post op and struggling. Newbies only should not answer. Vets are invaluable in my opinion and highly important. I love to hear from people further out than me whether their opinions may not be what I want to hear. Knowledge is power, people. Thank you Forensikchik for your contributions and never think that they aren't welcome or appreciated.

I have reconsidered and I think I will stick around a while! My sister is about to be sleeved in June and I want to be here for her too. She lives in another state so it helps for her to have somewhere to go to with her questions. I was a newbie one time too and I know I sure appreciated getting answers to my questions. Sometimes no one would answer me and i would be so upset! I try to help all those I feel I can contribute something useful to. Good luck in your journey and I am always available via PM if anyone has a particular question they think I might be able to answer and no one is answering them.

IGNORE the negative....if you can help even one person get through their struggles then all in all you have made a difference in someone's life!!! Keep on keeping on!!!!

I hope I didn't say anything dumb! I love your posts - you've definitely inspired me!

I hope I never said anything to contribute to your feeling attacked or anything (I don't think that I did, but man, I sure hope not). Hope you don't leave. Your sister is very lucky to have you as a resource.

Im still around, just not as active as I have been. I check this site every few days. I hope everyone is doing well. My sisters surgery is coming up in less than a month! She is getting excited now and trying to cut her carbs so she can lose some before the liquid diet. How long the liquid diet is depends on what she weighs on Friday. Fingers crossed she can cut the carbs down and lose to her mini goal and only have to do 10 days of liquids instead of 21!

I really don't follow who posts what or what posts/threads are in question here, but at the end of the day, who cares? Seriously, does it really matter? If you get something from this site, or feel that you contribute, use it. That's what it is here for. If someone doesn't like your posts or "attacks" you, what difference does it make? That's one of the nice things. All it takes is a "logout". Wish I could "logout" on some people IRL! ;) And the biggest pain points usually don't stick around long. They either give themselves enough rope to hang themselves with, or they grow tired once they don't get the reaction they're looking for.

I process info fairly literaly, and "say it like it is" to a fault. I have a hard time tolerating blatant stupidity. And I info overkill because there's so little accurate info out there. Guess what... I tend to not be too popular on "support" boards, if you can imagine that. ;) But I'm still here, because there are still things I can learn, and perhaps things I can share. Being able to really help 1 person is worth a lot of "you sucks." Support for me is information. I don't really need empathy or a (((hug))). I need someone to kick my ass when I'm not seeing the whole picture.

And more generally... I'm not a vet here, but I am on one of Alex's other boards for a different WLS. I can tell you that few things get as old, as quickly, as the same newbie questions over and over and over. Especially when there are threads answering the questions pinned left and right, and a basic search would have yielded tons of info. And the overreactions, and false conclusions. Yes, it's a part of the process -- especially when people don't research the crap out of everything they're about to do to themselves... but that doesn't make it any more fun to feel like you're almost spamming b/c you post the same info over & over. Vets have their own sets of challenges and struggles. They really are "at a different place."

We need you! We can all spot the haters. We're grateful for you!

I just got a good healthy dose of that hostility directed at me. I suppose the poster can block me if I bother them that much. I'm staying.

I personally have enjoyed reading things that you have replied to. You commented on a post of mine a week or so ago and it was along the same lines as others had posted. I think you should ignore the people that are giving you grief...you have been sleeved for a considerable amount of time and your journey can and will help people...we all may be different but a lot of the journeys are the same...

I have seen a number of your posts and I completely agree. I am all for information and honesty. Sometimes it is hard, but I don't understand why someone would post and hope for lies. Thank you for sharing your journey!

I have certainly learned a lot from your posts. Besides, if anyone knows anything or even researched the subject of getting sleeved...we all know there is no set standard because all my information has been different .. Use a straw..don't use a straw ..eat 80 grams of Protein per day ..no its 50-60 grams for women...that's not what my Dr. said...wow..you're eating mushies 1 week post op..I had to drink liquids until four weeks out...and the list goes on and on.. Please don't take to heart what someone else's opinion is. It doesn't take away from the fact you won the fight! You are a success and people like me need people like you to tell us how and when and where you did it because you know...it just may work for us too! So please...stay. Keep posting because you never know when you did "just pay it forward"!