Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hostility? Why?

Forensikchic, I love your posts and have found them to be insightful. The point of a forum like this is to share our journeys and try to help and inspire others. Please don't stop commenting!

Somehow its comforting to know that I am not the only one that this seems to be happening to. I am glad for the network of friends I have made and for all the great tips and advice I have received. I am grateful and it has been the reason I am a success!

It really helped that there are some people who enjoy my posts and want me to continue sharing my experiences. I really relied on posters with lots of experience, namely Tiffikins in the beginning. I was sad when she left for a while to be with her beautiful sweet daughter Tatum. I am glad to see her back here and there. I look forward to reading what she and others that are further out then me have to say.

When I need advice, someone further out has always helped me and I want to help others all I can. I guess you guys are right, Its a forum and its to be expected. I will ignore the bad and keep yapping about what works for me! LOL Thanks for the encouragement. :wub:

Thanks, for coming to this conclusion because your posts have helped me out extremely. I am still new with all of this and rely on the experiences of some veterans to know what I might be able to expect in the future. Some people just love to argue even if they have to type it out! LOL - :P

I've only been active on the board these last few weeks. I too have seen some rather aggressive comments. However, I greatly value those of you who have been on this journey longer than me. What works for one person, may not work with the other. That's why it's important that we see other's journey's to know that there is a way to move forward whatever roadblocks we face. Don't let those negative folks push you off the boards. If so, then they've won. You seem like a much tougher cookie than that! I admire your courage in your journey, and your posts have had a positive impact on me.

Thanks so much everyone. I think I will just leave the haters be! I still enjoy reading the boards and helping other sleevers! My sister will be joining the ranks June 1st! I will be commenting and helping her too. She lives about a 1000 miles from me and we plan to use the boards to yap about being sleeved. I dont think I could stay away long anyway! lol. I really enjoy this board.

Please stay--I, too, got skewered by someone who took one of my posts the wrong way and had a hissy fit. I decided that since at least 1 out of a hundred people is crazy I had finally run into the one on this board.

I try to see the humor in people who get their jollies in being "right" on an Internet forum. You'll be a voice of reason!

Sometimes people don't want honesty, think they KNOW everything, try to take their insecurities out on others and some really don't know how their messages come across... Regardless of the reason or motive behind it, only YOU have your journey... Sharing the ups, downs, suggestions, etc. helps people learn to navigate their own journey... Don't like people who are probably just rude and haughty cause you to withhold yourself from those who need your insight and those who enjoy reading about your journey.

I guess folx aren't versed in how to skip over a thread when they don't like what they're reading!!!

Enjoy your day dear.. and I for one would miss your insight terribly!!!

I have been commenting on these boards since August and lately it seems my comments and suggestions have been under attack. I dont understand this at all. I will answer the original poster to the best of my ability and share my experience, what I can eat, how much, etc. and inevitably someone will come back with rude comments, say I am misinformed? etc. How am I misinformed about my own journey? Anyways, I have about decided not to try to help anyone else because of this. I dont tell other people that they are wrong in their opinions. My opinion may be different but I dont call others out on theirs and argue with them about it. My experience is my own and I beleive I know what it is! I dont pad things, I just tell it like it is and what I do for me. It may not work for everyone but I thought that was the idea of a board, to get several peoples help and opinions and experience. Geez. If it happens again, I will be forced to stop commenting at all. Its sad that it has come to this because I used to love this board and it was a great help to me in the beginning. I was hoping to pay it forward. :(

So sorry you are going through this. I too feel I have personally been attacked at times, but I consider the source, and try to move on. I hope you stay :)...hugs!!!

Stay! I enjoy your posts & experience. I'm just 5 weeks out today & the support I have gotten from sleeve veterans has truly saved me & made starting this journey much easier! :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Don't stop posting... you have been VERY supportive and VERY helpful! I posted a lot more at the beginnimg of my WLS journey (sleeved last October) and got publicly flamed once and privately flamed once so I backed waaaay off of posting comments.

I do read the boards just about every day though. I feel selfish because I really want to help others but I don't appreciate getting slammed for telling MY truth. I have seen you, PDXMan & a couple others receive some totally unfair bs from others and that made me back off from posting even more.

And like some others said, I don't understand why people don't search the archives for (basic) info that has been shared over and over again. Nor do I get why some folks get so hostile when the more "seasoned" sleevers are just trying to be helpful. But then again, I don't get a lot of thoughtless things people do like , can't someone simply say "sorry, wrong #" when they misdial instead of hanging up on the person answering, or those who don't use a turn signal when they see you sitting there waiting just for them to go by before you can be on your way.... stuff that is based in selfishness or laziness.

Uh-Oh, opening myself up for a talking to! Seriously, there are so many great and helpful people on here that you just gotta let the "others" go.

I appreciate you and everyone who shares their journey with an open, honest and kind heart! Leah

Don't stop posting... you have been VERY supportive and VERY helpful! I posted a lot more at the beginnimg of my WLS journey (sleeved last October) and got publicly flamed once and privately flamed once so I backed waaaay off of posting comments.

I do read the boards just about every day though. I feel selfish because I really want to help others but I don't appreciate getting slammed for telling MY truth. I have seen you, PDXMan & a couple others receive some totally unfair bs from others and that made me back off from posting even more.

And like some others said, I don't understand why people don't search the archives for (basic) info that has been shared over and over again. Nor do I get why some folks get so hostile when the more "seasoned" sleevers are just trying to be helpful. But then again, I don't get a lot of thoughtless things people do like , can't someone simply say "sorry, wrong #" when they misdial instead of hanging up on the person answering, or those who don't use a turn signal when they see you sitting there waiting just for them to go by before you can be on your way.... stuff that is based in selfishness or laziness.

Uh-Oh, opening myself up for a talking to! Seriously, there are so many great and helpful people on here that you just gotta let the "others" go.

I appreciate you and everyone who shares their journey with an open, honest and kind heart! Leah

Well, I hope that I never come across as mean or nasty! I enjoy your posts and am always happy to see your name in a thread! This IS my support group. I attend one IRL and I talk to a therapist regularly, but I'm on here daily to learn and, hopefully, pass along what I've learned to others.

I think the internet age has made many forget that behind the black and white words and little thumbnail pictures, there is a REAL flesh and bone person with feelings. We tend to feel safe behind our keyboard and just let the mental diarrhea flow onto the screen without realizing we'd NEVER talk to someone that way in person! (at least I HOPE! Some may still do that....) A see a lot of people say on here "just say this, just say that! Who CARES what other people think, it's none of their business!" Well....some of us have personalities that include tact and thoughtfulness of other people's feelings, and try to maintain relationships whether they are co-workers, or friends and family. It's ok to preserve someone's feelings if you want to. In fact, I'd encourage it! Ok, it's late and I'm starting to ramble.

And Forensikchic- you have to stay, because ....you're a forensikchic...and that ROCKS!!! (I was a criminology major in college for a while;) ) And...you have much valuable advice yet to dispense!!

G'night! :x

A few words of advice, do your best to ignore the negative nannies. It doesn't matter what message board you are on, there are going to be some of those types. They believe they are right, everyone else is wrong, and they are darn sure going to make sure everyone knows that. But, don't let them chase you away from a great community where most of us appreciate your knowledge and experience. We welcome, cherish, and respect all of our members and the help they are able to provide each other, as well as the support.

When you do come across someone who is being especially negative, or in violation of our forum rules, please don't hesitate to hit the report button. Our policy is we try not to rule with an Iron fist, and do our best not to. Sometimes, just a well written post from a moderator or administrator can help set the offending poster back on track, without our having to issue any type of punitive action on them.

You are a MENTOR to me and countless others. Please do not let a few "know it all's" ruin it for countless others who need your input, guidance and experience. I look at many new people joining and questioning the decision to get sleeved multiple times a day. Again, your experience and voice is needed and an asset to many folks.

Thanks so much. I appreciate that.