Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

Hello everyone!!! Just wanted to let you all know that my surgery date is set for Dec 20th in Nashville, TN with Dr. Spaw and I'm extremely excited and scared at the same time. I received my surgery date on the day before thanksgiving so I got to eat some wonderful food that day and the following days. I started my pre-op diet on Dec. 1 but wasn't supposed to start until Dec. 6. I've got 4 days behind me now and I've really really been hungry. Been having less than 600 calories a day. I went to my first christmas party the other night and man it was extremely hard to not eat anything or partake in any adult beverages, but I stayed strong. I assigned myself to be the designated driver for the evening which helped. I'm really proud of myself for not eating or drinking that night. So many of the activites in my life revolve around food. But I keep telling myself that it's way important to me to be skinny and healthy. So far I've lost 11 lbs since I started my pre-op diet which is usally Water weight. I haven't cheated not one time. I go back to work tomorrow which will be hard but I have to try to get a routine down.

My highest weight was 339 about two years ago. I gained 100lbs. when I got pregnant and just kept gaining and gaining and gaining some more. Like everyone else, I would lose some weight and gain some more back over the past 28 years. My last diet consisted of taking phenteremine diet pills where I lost 90 lbs. then the pills stopped working. I quit taking them and gained 50 lbs back due to all the stress in my life from work and life in general. So here I am at 296 with a BMI of 50.5. I've been wanting to have WLS for a very long time, ever since the lapband came out.

I would just like to wish all of you the best of luck in your new journey's. I'm looking forward to my new life and can't wait to get all this weight off once and for all. Happy Holidays to all of you. I think this WLS will be the best christmas present ever!!!!!!!

tduval.. I know what you mean about gaining weight while you're pregnant, its hard to take off the weight. Of course my baby weight was from 35 yrs. ago when i had my wonderful daughter :smile1:

good luck on your journey

kathy

OMG, its december, people! And our first people are coming out of surgery--congrats newgirlie!

My surgery is on December 22, 2011 @ Mumbai, India. Will be leaving USA on December 17

My surgeon is Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala

I have started my pre-op liquid diet from today, little early to get my body adjusted!

Oh my, that is quite a journey to be sleeved -- will you stay in Mumbai a while after surgery before you take the long trip back?

Glad to hear you're doing well, NewGirlie!

I'm scheduled for Thursday and terrified. I don't know if I can do this, y'all. I'm so scared I'm not going to make it through the surgery!

I did join myfitness pal, but mostly to get in the habit of logging food post op. Does everyone use that or realizemysuccess.com?

Thank you so much for the support, babigrl111,LoserMama, and Deigh! I'm feeling better by day. I love that I can share this with you guys and that soon we will all share our experiences! Also, I cant wait to start posting progress pics! But I'm jumping the gun a little, lol.

Glad to hear you're doing well, NewGirlie!

I'm scheduled for Thursday and terrified. I don't know if I can do this, y'all. I'm so scared I'm not going to make it through the surgery!

I did join myfitness pal, but mostly to get in the habit of logging food post op. Does everyone use that or realizemysuccess.com?

Deigh, please don't feel like freaking out is not normal! Im an anxious person by nature, so I was a ball of worries! I was really scared, kissing my kids and saying I love u (excessivly)! My hubby was there and my dad cane in right before and prayed with me.

We all went through alot to make such a decicion to change iur lives, I promise you, the anticipation is the worst, but once you see the OR, it seems like a snap and then you are in the recovery room.This was my first surgery, even after three kids. I was terrified. But, I tell you, I would jump to do it again!

You'll do great, so try to relax as much as you can :)

Pre-op consult completed and 10lb lost before pre-op diet

Pre-admissions at hospital completed--clean bill of health

Lab work completed

15-days till surgery. 12/20/2011

Pre-op diet begins tomorrow...and yes I am scared of thatl.

Quiting smoking...UGH! Not yet, but will before the week is out.

Thanks!

Cheles

Pre-op testing done today. Pre-admitted today. Start pre-op diet Wednesday (UGH). Got my unjury chicken broth, sugar-free Jello, Designer whey powder, and then tomorrow to costco to get some pre-made drink. Only 9 more days! December 14th I am ready for you!

Janet

Im sleeved! Feeling good, still in some pain, trying to stay hydrated. Just left the hospital today.

Congratulations on making it to the loser's bench Newgirlie! Keep us posted on your healing progress.

I feel so bad tonight, I see everyone going through and I am so happy for each of you. But I just can't seem to get a break. I've been in this process over a year now. Because of my health issues, I have to get clearance by my surgeon even though I've been approved by my insurance. Over a week ago I had a series of cardiac tests and the nurse called me 2 days later and told me all looked great and they were clearing me,,they would fax over all my results and the clearance form. I went in today with the hopes this would be my last pre op test,,the EGD. Afterwards my surgeon told my husband all went great and to go over to the office and talk to the scheduler to see if she could help me with the next step,,well she was in a meeting. The receptionist then told me they hadn't ever rec'd my cardiac test results or my clearance letter. WHAT??? So they left a message for the scheduler to call me,,she did and told me I would have to call the cardio place and tell them to fax all of it over..so I did,,well they could only find half of my tests, they said I would need to talk to the nurse,,but had to leave my number and she'd call back,,she didn't..yet. OMG,,I just need some words of wisdom,,some words of comfort and support. I'm having a pity party tonight and back on the phone in the morning to chew someone out (probably not but want to). I just need this surgery so bad, and they won't give me a date till they get all the results to every test and clearance letters stating I'm good to go..even though my surgeon is the one who did the egd himself! I'm so sorry to rant, I know everyone is so excited in this post and I'm happy for you all..I'm just feeling down and hopeless tonight. I was hoping for a dec date because of insurance issues :( I'm running out of time.

I forgot to mention,,it took 7 tries to get an IV on me today..they finally got it on the underside of my upper arm,,the soft tender part of my arm,,and they blew the vein..UGGHHH I have a great big ole honking bruise on my arm that looks like a giant hickey..just to top it all off for the day. I'm not normally a wimp,,they kept saying,,you are handling this so well,,I was just gritting my teeth.

Seems like your surgeon is just taking extra percaution because of your health issues. things will happen for you. This is just a liitle bump in the road. I bet you'll have a date before the month is out. Stay positive.

It's not all the tests,,I understand the reason for them,,it's just they keep losing track of my results. I'm told things are being faxed and sent when they aren't. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement though,,it really helps. I've calmed down alot.lol

I'm Dec 16@ Flower Hosp. I wish it was done already!! I'm struggling a little with the liquids. I had some lite strawberry yogurt today. I should make a smoothie or is that not allowed?

Not everybody does a liquid preop diet. It isn't the liquid that shrinks the liver, it is the low carb. I guess you need to find out from your surgeon or nutrionalist what is allowed for your surgeon.

I'm Dec 16@ Flower Hosp. I wish it was done already!! I'm struggling a little with the liquids. I had some lite strawberry yogurt today. I should make a smoothie or is that not allowed?

I have been low carbing since 11/28 and i don't feel great. I am losing weight, I hope that liver is shrinking...

I feel so bad for all my whining but I have a date..it's Dec 27th...woo hoo!!!