Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

LoserMama, where did you get your cases of Isopure? ?

Sigh. Glad hubby and friends are supportive.

You just keep on trucking, LoserMama!! You're already losing and doing great! Sometimes our relatives don't mean to be unsupportive, in a weird way it might be their way of showing love. But I get it, I know what you mean. My mom has been my biggest cheerleader, but sometimes she says things I have to let roll down my back. And its not her being unsupportive, it's just that she simply does not know about living overweight, and not that informed about wls like we are.

You just wait until your family sees all your progress post op. I bet they will be overjoyed to see how happy you are. Sounds like you are more than ready! Good luck and blessings to you!

I got my Isopure at GNC, it's not cheap that's for sure. 5 bucks a 20oz glass bottle. But since we can only drink a little at a time that might last 2 days. You can buy the smaller on the go plastic bottles I saw them on Amazon, I'm just waiting till after my surgery because they were still 30 something. If anyone finds them cheaper please let me know!

Has anyone heard anything from BABIGRL? I am wrried since she hasn't posted anything since her sleeve.

donniej, welcome to the family..lol Congratulations to you!

Bcole, I hope the anxiety gets better. I've had several surgeries and though it seems scary, it's quite relaxing and is over so fast. You'll go to sleep and when you wake up, you won't have remembered anything and you will be all new and ready to move on to your new life. I've been having crazy dreams too. It might be because my brain is very active right now, I'm thinking about my new life, thinking about the surgery,,etc. Good luck on your journey smile.png

Hey girly. I'm getting sleeved in the bluegrass also. My surgeon is Dr. Weiss, is this your surgeon. My surgery is December 15th at Central Baptist Hospital.

December 28th is the beginning of my new life as a sleever! I'm having my surgery at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, KY by the fabulous Dr. Weiss. Cheers to a great New Year everyone (I'll be toasting with a Protein shake)!

I'm getting sleeved by Dr. Weiss also on December 15th

Babigirl is doing well. Surgery went well on Friday and she went home on Saturday.

smile.png

Good to hear that. Hope you continue to do well and heal quickly Babigrl!

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Ya im doing good, it was harder than i thought it would be, but im on the road to recovery now. Had surgery Friday, got out of hospital on Saturday, and just been relaxing, trying to get liquids in. Good luck to all the December Sleevers!

Hello All, was released from the hospital yesterday morning (3 day stay). Started on my liquid regimen and boy is it tough. Manged to get 40 grams of Protein in thanks to Unjury (delicious ), and about 44 ounces of other liquids (diluted apple juice and water) the unjury was mixed with 1% milk. takes me about 2hrs to drink an 8 ounce Protein Shake.

Today I had a creamy Soup mixed with a half packet of unflavored unjury. Not bad but could tell I had one too many spoonfuls. Ugh. Tummy is tight. Your sleeve will let you know when it's full.

Far as pain I haven't had any. Lots of soreness but that's it. Was off pain meds second day in hospital. Besides, they only constipate you more :(

My prayers are with the remaining Dec sleevers.

Loving my sleeve (thus far) ????

One last thing sleevers. SIP SIP SIP.

I had a birthday party for two of my kids on Saturday night and made the mistake of mentioning to family that I was pleased that I had dropped two clothing sizes in this three month period. And of course that started them in on the "you don't really need surgery, just keep doing what you are doing." Its hard hearing that because there is a part of me that thinks it too, but I just think ultimately I would go back to my old ways without something to reinforce me, like the sleeve, to really let good habits develop and tehn get back to a normal size which will hopefully help to have the desire to want to maintain and sculpt my new body. My mother thinks its unfathomable that I needed to lose about 130 lbs from where I was to where I need to be to get to the top of the range for BMI. She says "well, that must be to get you to be skinny like a supermodel, don't be unrealistic" and I have to tell her that 150 lbs at 5'7" is nowhere near "skinny"...man, when I got married, I weighed 130! (and thought I was fat!) Anyway....definitely not a supportive mom. She's 80 and convinced I am going to die in surgery or live an unhappy life afterwards becasue I can't eat whatever I want.

Sigh. Glad hubby and friends are supportive.

Thanks for sharing that, LoserMama. I'm having the opposite experience--mom is supportive (mostly because she's been at 300+ lbs. for a long time and is really starting to suffer from the health problems and joint pain) but a couple of friends are very vocally opposed. One in particular has taken it as her mission to talk me out of it. She says I'm beautiful the way I am, it's too dangerous, I'm just doing it out of vanity, etc. etc. etc. We're close friends, and I love her dearly, but she just doesn't get it. Partially, I think, because she's a life-long petite size 2 from a family of petite women. I've tried to explain to her the physical and emotional pain I feel, not to mention the anger at being mocked and excluded from things all my life. But it's just not registering.

Luckily I also have a couple of friends who, if concerned about my safety down in TJ, have been very supportive. They've been interested enough to ask about the procedure, my pre- and post-op diet, and the psychological journey that led me to make the decision.

So it's a mixed bag, I guess, but I'm glad that I have some allies. And I'm glad I haven't told too many people--just 5 total, 6 including my therapist. At the end of the day, it's nobody else's business what I do with my body. Maybe I would feel differently if I had a long-term partner and/or kids...

Cooper 3600 and any other Dec. 13 sleevers.

Tomorrow is the beginning of our new lives. Wishing you well and I will meet you on the loser's bench!

((hugs))

Roxy

On a related (to my last post above) note, how are y'all planning to deal with the inevitable comments about your weight loss? Do you plan to be open about the surgery? Or keep it private?

Sometimes I think I'll be totally open about it. When anyone asks or comments, I'll just say, "Thanks. I had 80% of my stomach removed." I tend to be a pretty matter-of-fact person, so that approach appeals to me a lot. Except then it opens me up to criticism. But do I care? I haven't decided yet.

Or there's the honest but slightly evasive version: "I'm eating less and moving more." But that doesn't quite do it justice.

I guess it'll just depend on context. I hate the idea of having to hide the fact that I had surgery. But, again, it's really not anyone else's business.

Thoughts?

Hey girly. I'm getting sleeved in the bluegrass also. My surgeon is Dr. Weiss, is this your surgeon. My surgery is December 15th at Central Baptist Hospital.

Yes, he's my surgeon too! I'll be getting sleeved 12/27 at Georgetown. I'm meeting him one on one tomorrow,,nervous.